Barn in Snape, Nr Saxmundham, Suffolk, England, UK - Wheel-Chair Friendly, Free Wifi and Huge Garden - Weekend and Full Week Bookings
Located in the pretty village of Sternfield close to the market town of Saxmundham and the seaside town of Aldeburgh. It sits within a quiet 3/4 acre garden with a stream along one edge. The barn has been converted to a high specification to create a light and spacious atmosphere with disabled access. Furnished in a contemporary style, with terracotta tiles throughout the ground floor and exposed timbers. The barn also benefits from bedrooms and a wet room-style bathroom on the ground floor and free broadband wireless access. The downstairs accommodation has terracotta tiles throughout with under-floor heating. The dining room has sliding French doors onto decking. Sleeps a maximum of 8. Unfortunately, no pets are allowed.
Apart from the summer and Christmas / New Year, weekend bookings are available at 75% of the weekly rate - please contact for details.
About the Owner
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Sailing clubs, golf and horse riding nearby, great walking and cycling routes abound!
6 miles from Aldeburgh on the heritage coast. Easy driving distance to places to explore with the family: Southwold, Walberswick, Dunwich, Minismere (RSPB Sanctuary), Thorpeness, Aldeburgh, Ordford and Orford Ness. Other attractions close by are Sutton Hoo, Woodbridge, Snape Maltings (Britton Pears Concert Hall), many aircraft museums.
Car essential. Closest airport is Stansted which is 45 mins-1 hour away. Train station in Saxmundham. Travel time to London Liverpool ST 2 hours.
1 miles Saxmundham. 2 miles Snape Maltings. 6 miles Aldeburgh. 7 miles Thorpeness. 15 miles Southwold. 15 miles Ipswich.
1 mile to Saxmundham with supermarket, banks, newsagents, bakers, coffee shop etc. Farm shop with milk and eggs etc walking distance. Lots of great walks, fishing, bird watching, golf etc very close by. Numerous eateries and hostelries close by but not walking distance). Any specific interest just ask for advice.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
14 Jul 2017 - 8 Sep 2017
Changeover Day: Friday
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Availability can be confirmed by telephone or email. Deposit taken to confirm the booking. Final balance to be paid 6 weeks before holiday. Bank transfer payments preferred.
Change over day Fridays in the school holidays. Other requests considered outside of high season.
Notes on prices:
Prices per week in UK pounds. Consider weekends at 85% of weekly booking - please call for prices. 10% discount available for holidays of 2 weeks or longer.
Rates ar variable throughout the year - please contact for a price
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Master bedroom with en-suite shower / bath. En-suite shower room in second bedroom. Disables access shower room with toilet on ground floor.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (3 double and 1 twin bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Four bedrooms. Two en-suite double beds on upper floor (1 bedroom is galleried). One double and one twin on ground floor. BT vision available in double on ground floor. Upstairs bedrooms have wooden floors and radiators. Travel cot available.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Lots of open plan space. Great place for children but please note the unsecured access to the stream at the bottom of the garden. Outside: 3/4 acre garden with decked area and barbeque. Parking for up to 4/6 cars. Bikes available on request - 3 adult bikes and assortment of bikes for small children. Utility Room: Boiler, washing machine and tumble dryer available in utility area within twin downstairs bedroom. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and bed linen provided. For stays longer than 1 week cleaning and change over of linen can be arranged upon request. Other: Separate dining room with table and chairs ( for up to 10) and separate seating area to take full advantage of the floor to ceiling picture windows overlooking the garden.