Villa in Ventenac-en-Minervois, Aude, Languedoc, France - Perfect For Large Groups-Two Restaurants Close By
Ventenac Villa was built in the mid-18th century as a stable-house, and has recently been completely renovated and furnished to create a very spacious and unique property. A large iron gate opens into a large, sunny courtyard, containing a private swimming pool. The courtyard is surrounded by wings of the building on 3 sides, and on the 4th by a high wall, giving the villa and pool great privacy. The property consists of a large 6 bedroom house and a smaller 2 bedroom cottage. The main house has 6 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms on the upper floor. The downstairs is very open and airy, with high ceilings and a large fireplace. The open-plan main floor has a gourmet kitchen, a living area, a TV area, and a games area, with a separate laundry room and WC. The village of Ventenac has 2 restaurants, both of which have open-air terraces next to the Canal du Midi. The village also has a post office and a bakery and a beautiful chateau, with its own wine tasting and museum.
About the Owner
Veronique and Gael.
From the Owner
“'Ventenac Villa is in one of the most beautiful villages in Minervois. It's right on the Canal du Midi, is peaceful but close to the city of Narbonne. That's what drew us to it.'”
Activity and Interests
Ventenac is the perfect base for exploring the Languedoc area - and it's just 30 minutes from the endless Mediterranean beaches near Narbonne. One can visit the pretty resort of Collioure, near Perpignan. The Spanish cities of Barcelona and Figueros (home to the Dali Museum) can be easily reached on a day trip.
Airports nearby: Carcassonne (30km W), Béziers (20km E), Perpignan (40km S), Toulouse (100km W).
Nearest large town: Narbonne (10km SE).
Other towns nearby: Lézignan-Corbières (8km W), Carcassonne (30km W), Béziers (20km E).
Ventenac Villa is located in the middle of the village of Ventenac, about 15 kilometres north-west of Narbonne. Ventenac, with about 350 inhabitants, is an unspoiled sleepy village situated on the beautiful tree-lined Canal du Midi. The area is surrounded by Minervois vineyards. The Canal du Midi, which runs through the village, was built in the 17th century and served as a connection between the Mediterranean and the Atlantic. The presence of the canal and the vineyards keeps the landscape green and lush, even during the hot summer season. Many pleasure-barges travel the tree-lined canal, while the canal-path is ideal for walking and bike riding. The village of Ventenac has two restaurants, both of which have open-air terraces next to the Canal du Midi. The village also has a post office and a bakery. A beautiful chateau, with it own wine museum, is the focal point of the village; it's the place to taste and buy excellent local wines.
Bike: hire from MellowVello, Paraza-next village. Horse riding: Ginestas-next village. Modern tennis courts: Canet d'Aude- next village. Boat hire: Homps. Golf: Bezier, Cap d'Agde, Saint Cyprien and Carcassonne. Olympic size swimming pool: Narbonne. Ice skating: Narbonne. Ten-pin bowling: Narbonne. Go karting: Gruisson. Canyoning/Kayaking: Puicheric and Rocabrun. Sailing/Land yachting: Gruisson. Beaches: numerous. Wine tasting: numerous.
- Booking Notes:
A non-refundable deposit of 25% of the total rental price is required. The balance is due 8 weeks before arrival. Payment should be made in euros. All bedlinen and towels are included, as well as cleaning before arrival and after departure, and cleaning the pool once a week. Our caretakers are available, in the village, for help and assistance.
There is an additional charge to rent the cottage (2 bedrooms.)
Saturday is changeover day.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“'We love to walk or cycle along the side of the canal to the nearby villages. Have a glass or two of wine and, carefully, return.'”
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- city centre
- winery tours
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Toilet 2 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Shower Enclosure
- En-suite bathroom to bedroom 1 with WC and shower. 2nd bathroom with WC and bath/shower over. 3rd bathroom with WC and shower. Wc downstairs in laundry room. Bathroom with wc and shower in cottage. Separate wc in cottage.
- 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 14
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Bedroom 6
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 14 (6 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Six bedrooms: 2 bedrooms with twin beds, 4 with double beds; there is also a sofa bed in one bedroom for additional accommodation. The cottage will accommodate an additional 4 people in 2 bedrooms.
- Golf ...
- Barbecue ...
- Notes on accommodation: There is an additional charge to rent the cottage (2 bedrooms) Outside: A large iron gate opens into a big, sunny courtyard, containing a very private swimming pool. The pool is elevated from the courtyard and has a lockable gate so is very safe for children. Mature trees and vines provide shade in the courtyard. Utility Room: Separate laundry room with washing machine and WC. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All bed linen and towels are not included (7 Euros/room), cleaning before arrival, and cleaning the pool once a week is included. Our caretakers are available, in the village, for help and assistance. Other: The cottage has a living room, a small kitchen, two bedrooms, and a large bathroom with a shower.