Villa in Akkaya Valley, Dalaman, Aegean Region, Turkey - 4 levels of Beautifully Furnished And Equipped Villa! Friendly, Small Compound surrounded by Nature.
Modern, light, fully air conditioned semi-detached villa spread over 4 levels.
2 double bedrooms and 1 twin bedroom - each opening onto a terrace (the twin room commands the top floor with private balcony and en-suite bathroom)
Choice of 2 living rooms (again, unique to our villa) a separate dining room (with fireplace) and a very well equipped kitchen.
The beautiful private garden has 11 pomegranate trees, sunloungers, deckchairs, a bbq and a hammock. A rare opportunity in the compound.
Harjamina is one of the only houses to offer 2 dining terraces with uninterrupted views across the pine forest.
Akkaya Lake offers boat trips, fishing, kayakking, outstanding nature walks and an enchanting serenity. Alternatively, you can work out at the gym or visit the riding stables for a lesson or organise a hack.
There is a fabulous restaurant onsite which has been designed to fit in with the beautiful nature of the valley. You can dine either in a tree top nest table or by the stream that runs through it. http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g811172-d1762279-Reviews-Akkaya_Garden_Restaurant-Dalaman_Mugla_Province_Turkish_Aegean_Coast.html
THE ATTACHED VILLA IS ALSO OURS SO PLEASE ENQUIRE ABOUT RENTAL FOR LARGE PARTIES OF UP TO 12.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
We are an English family who lived in Istanbul for 12 years and wanted somewhere in the South for get away weekends and to enjoy the Turkish summers.
We have 3 young children - Harry, Benjamin and Georgina (hence Villa Harjamina).
We now live in Barcelona but return to Akkaya every summer to enjoy the Turkish hospitality, weather, food and relaxing environment of Akkaya.
Guestbook comments from the owner
We had a really lovely holiday! The villa was very comfortable and in a lovely position. This was our first holiday in Turkey. We found the people so friendly everywhere and so HAPPY! The countryside is gorgeous and everywhere is so clean and well maintained. I would certainly recommend the villa and the region. The restaurant was good, serenaded by the frogs! Your emails have meant the holiday has felt much more personal. We have so enjoyed your lovely home, Thank you! Mrs L Walsh
We had a fantastic holiday and the villa was amazing. Thank you so much for letting us stay in your little bit of paradise. We loved it so much that we would be interested in booking the villa again next year as there is so much to see and do in the area. Mrs A Tee
We had a great time and the Villa is splendid.We like Turkey so may be back again before too long.Ercan the car hire Guy was splendid. Mr D Sharp
Clean,refreshing,energising & so beautiful! Mr P Smith
5 based on 4 holidaymaker reviews
The villa is spectacular and very well appointed. We have rented this villa on three separate occasions over three years and really cannot fault it. There is loads of room and it is located within a small complex that has two separate pools. We have never seen it crowded and have met really lovely people there, some year after year! We have been as a couple and also with our teenage sons and it has met all expectations. The walk to and from the restaurant is delightful and with tables set up in the trees and wonderful food, you can't go wrong. Top marks all round, if there wasn't so much of the World to see, we would go every year!
Stayed for a few nights and would definitely go back. The place has wonderful views, lovely peaceful location and friendly great restaurant.
The accommodation is tastefully decorated and has everything you could need. Very comfortable and spacious.
Next time we will stay for longer!
I must say this was a fantastic 10 day holiday. We have 2 young children and this was just perfect for us. The villa is spacious, clean and we loved having the pool just a stone's throw away. Our kitchen was very well equipped with everything we needed. We took many day trips, including boat trips, as recommended by the very helpful owners, and we all enjoyed ourselves immensely. Car hire was arranged for us at a very good rate - I would recommend hiring a car for convenience - and roads in the area are in good condition and easy enough to navigate. The kids still talk about the 'tree top' restaurant and the horse riding offered on the property. What a great and comfortable way to explore this part of Turkey! So many fabulous places within easy reach. Highly recommended.
We thoroughly enjoyed our week in this lovely villa! The setting is beautiful, a real get away from it all, very quiet and peaceful. Owners very helpful too! We'll be back.
From the Owner
“Dalaman is still a relatively unspoilt area of Turkey and, as we live in the bustling city of Istanbul, we wanted somewhere that was both close to some wonderful sights and beaches but that was based slightly away from it all. The villas are well tended and are in a beautiful valley so you drive through small villages and through stunning woodland to reach them. Stunning views and peace and quiet.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
The area provides beautiful nature walks in the forest and around the lake. Biking is also very popular and bikes can be kept in the villa. There is horse riding on site and boat trips and canoes are offered on the lake. There is also scuba diving in Dalayan where you get the opportunity to dive over the remains of sunken cities and wrecks.
There are many stunning beaches nearby: Sarigerme beach is blue flag and offers watersports, well tended gardens, a small zoo and restaurants. Iztuzu beach and lagoon is famous for being a breeding ground for turtles and is clean and safe to swim in. Calis beach is close to Fethiye or you can visit Oluz Deniz - the famous lagoon. The nearest beach is Sarigerme and is 20 minutes' away.
Dalaman airport is about 25 minutes' drive from Akkaya Gardens. It's a direct road through Dalaman then about 15 minutes drive up through the forest which provides stunning views over the valley. Car hire is recommended although taxis will transport you happily to the villa. We can arrange car hire for you as well as airport transfers
Stunning Gocek marina is about 20 minutes' drive where you'll find many lovely restaurants or just enjoy a stroll amongst the boats. Take a boat trip from Dalyan to see the lycean rock tombs or to the ancient city of Kaunos. Visit the largely untouched Turkish village of Koycegiz or walk through the millenia old Saklikent gorge. A visit to the old Greek village of Kaya Koyu outside Fethiye is a must!
The closest supplies are in Dalaman where you'll find supermarkets and lots of local turkish shops however, for more cosmopolitan shopping, visit Gocek or Fethiye. There is a restaurant on site or drive to Fethiye, Dalyan or Gocek for a wider variety of restaurants. Fish is highly recommended in this area. Biking is popular however don't underestimate the hills! Horse trekking and jeep safaris are also available.
For an overview of Akkaya, please watch this beautiful video from you tube:
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
Additional pricing information
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£100|
To make enquiries or complete a booking contact the owner on the contact details below.
We require a non refundable deposit of £100 per booking and the balance must be paid 6 weeks prior to your scheduled departure date.
A security deposit of £100 is needed which will be returned to you on inventory check clearance.
Cleaning cost of £50 per booking.
Changeover day is flexible - please enquire at the time of booking. 24 hour security so check in / check out time flexible.
Notes on prices:
Please note the last 4 digits of our account for payment are:3646.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The villas are secluded and are away from the tourist race of ticket touts and restaurant touts. There is an amazing restaurant on site and everyone around is very friendly - renting the villas because they also want to be able to choose between a peaceful day beside the pool or a short drive to the nearby tourist sights.”
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- wheelchair inaccessible
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- laundrette - serviced
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- mountain biking
- water skiing
- water tubing
- whitewater rafting
- 120 m²
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), There is a shower attachment in the bath
- Bathroom 1: Ensuite to twin bedroom. Bath with shower attachment. Toilet, sink. Bathroom 2: For use of both double bedrooms on 1st floor. Shower, toilet, sink. Bathroom 3: Toilet / sink on basement floor off the living room
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Large Double Bed, 1 Cot, With Terrace
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Double Bed, With terrace
- Bedroom 3 - 2 Single Bed, Top floor and with its own bathroom and terrace
- Bedroom 4 - 1 Sofa bed/Futon, The smaller living room can serve as an extra bedroom.
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 7 adults, 1 child cot (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1: Twin beds with private terrace (perfect for star gazing) ensuite (bath & shower) Bedroom 2: Master bedroom with double bed. Opens onto a terrace. Bedroom 3: Double bedroom. Opens onto a terrace. 'Bedroom 4': The smaller of the 2 living rooms can be used as a bedroom. The sofa makes a comfortable bed.
- Notes on accommodation: Travel cot available. Some children's toys and inflatables are also available. Each bedroom has a/c as has the living and dining room. Games, books and dvds available. No smoking inside the villa. Outside: The villas are set in communal terraced gardens but the villa has a beautiful PRIVATE GARDEN which is only interrupted by the hum of the cicadas. It slopes gently towards the forest and mountains and is breath takingly relaxing. The trees offers shade from the heat of the day and it's a stunning setting for sun set drinks and an evening bbq. Harjamina has seated outdoor dining for 6 on 2 terraces and the garden has 6 sun loungers, a hammock, bean bag and 4 deck chairs. The swimming pool is communal and has a separate children's pool attached. Utility Room: Washing machine and all the necessary cleaning equipment Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: There is an abundance of towels and bedding in the villa. Everything will be clean and laundered at the beginning and end of your stay. Please bring your own towels for the pool. Other: Reading Room with sofa and a choice of books / 4th bedroom if required. 2 full bathrooms and 1 toilet room. The villa is at the end of the row so isn't overlooked. Ample parking. Stunning garden which offers total privacy. 24 hr security.