Gite in St Antonin Noble Val, Tarn et Garonne, Midi Pyrenees - 3 Mins Walk From The Medieval Town Of St Antonin Noble Val
Set on the banks of the River Aveyron, near the medieval town of St Antonin Noble Val (3 mins walk), this charming, south facing gite with sunny, secluded garden offers the perfect place to relax and unwind. The surrounding area offers a wealth of restaurants, antique fairs and vineyards (Quercy and Gaillac), and is ideally suited to those looking to go walking, cycling, swimming, canoeing (St Antonin canoe hire), horse riding and fishing (permit required). For those looking to explore the region, Gaillac, Cordes-sur-Ciel, Toulouse and the historic cathedral city of Albi are all under an hour away.
A few more details about the Gite and the area. Gite has wifi. There is road side parking. The road is a dead end so quite peaceful. It has quaint restaurant al fresco and indoor just 1 minute walk at the end of the road and it looks onto the weir. Sometimes there is live music too….don't worry - you cannt hear from the Gite - all you can hear is the rush of the weir - beautiful. There is also a kayaking company - perfect if for the dop off back home. The weir is to the left of the view of the Gite so you have the constant sound of rushing water. It looks onto mountains which are misty in the early mornings. The river can get a little lively during the summer months between 10am and 3pm - but you are quite high and set back so still secluded from it all….but nice happy sounds from the river in the distant. The beautiful smells and sounds will stay with you forever.
St Antonin boasts an ancient medieval town, just a three minute walk up the hill- to a labyrinth of cobbled streets and shuttered houses - a real hub hub in the town. The town has several restaurants ranging from pizza to fine dining. There are two supermarkets too, and lots of gorgeous shops to mooch around in.
On a Sunday the town turns into an exciting, beautiful market until 2pm…people come from miles to visit it. It is also where "100 Foot Mile" and "Charlotte Grey" was filmed.
France calls St Antonin it's secret Paradise...and it truly is.
We also have a Welsh family on the street (just across the way) who have lived there for years so if you need any help - they are a wonderful family and very helpful. Our caretaker is also welsh and a superstar if you need anything. The number will be left in the Gite for you. House also has a TV and DVD player with lots of DVD's to choose from - although you will probably prefer to watch the mountains and the river! There is also a huge BBQ in the original well on the decking which is a brilliant way to spend the evening if you do not fancy going out.
The house has its own door to the beach - and on request we are happy to lend you our fishing equipment in the shed no problem. If you would like to book I would only need 25% deposit now and the balance six weeks before - let me know if you would like to email the booking forms to you.
Top Traveller Review
Lovely Little Gite by the Aveyron River
About the Owner
I am Kellie Forbes Director of YUUworld.com. I own a company that sells exciting fun ergonomic travel/school/out and about backpacks for kids. I along with my business partner were on Dragons' Den series 10 and had offers fro all the Dragons! We are now buisness partners with Deborah and Peter - exciting times! You can see our 9 minute long clip on my homepage of my website - I am the taller lady! ;-)
Guestbook comments from the owner
'We loved it - it's an absolute little gem. We had a really lovely holiday. I keep looking at the attached and keep wishing myself back there!' Sheila Mills.
'Thanks again for renting the property to us, it is a really fantastic place. We thoroughly enjoyed our time in St Antonin!' Julie Mitchell.
"We had a lovely time in St Antonin and really liked your house. Great location. I would be happy to recommend your property to anybody" Catherine Myring
2 holidaymaker reviews
Delightful stay on the River Averyon, St Antonin
I would actually rate this gite at 4 1/2 stars, but the system won't allow half stars. It has welcomed many a traveller for many a year, and offers a delightful stay. The owner, Kellie, is very obliging, and though she lives in England, she has local maintenance staff and neighbours who are friendly and helpful. Renovations are attractive, the bed is comfortable, it is clean, well equipped, and the deck overlooking the river and escarpment is the crowning glory. Have breakfast watching the otters frolicking in the river (in the warmer season), or family fun on canoes negotiating the small weir opposite. The medieval township centre of St Antonin Noble Val (of 'The Hundred Mile Journey' fame), is seven minutes walk from the gite, where you can enjoy mouth-watering pastries from the local Bakery, and the full array of village stores with locally produced wares- art works, clothing, furniture and accessories, gifts, and of course coffee and food, And on Sunday, you MUST NOT miss the markets. You will never taste better strawberries anywhere, or see such a range of cheeses, olives, breads, herbs and spices, and other culinary delights. If you want to venture further afield to other villages in the area, and there are some spectacular sights of townships perched atop of mountain ridges, you will find the roads are exceptionally well sign-posted. Very highly recommended.
Lovely Little Gite by the Aveyron River
A lovely little gite in a lovely little medieval village situated alongside the Aveyron River with sensational views of the gorge and distinctevly white cliffs. Fantastic markets on Sunday morning. Great base to explore the region and beyond. Lots of Bastide villages and lovely churches to explore. Well equiped gite with wonderful outdoor areas to enjoy the views, open air and outstanding atmosphere. A really magical place. Would definitely return. Highly recommended.
From the Owner
“My Father owned this property before, and when he came to sell it had fallen in love with this Paradise son deeply that I just could not let it go. My husband is a keen fisherman and my our two daughter's Tayler and Cadia - teenagers - adore this place like nothing else. There is something truly magical about this place - and I rent it out as I like to share it….make sure you take a piece home. I hope sincerely that the people that stay here leave with the same special feeling that I do. The smells and sounds from the huge decking are something so exquisite that I tap into it sometimes when I am busy in my office at my desk. If you do not come now….then make sure that you do one day! The beautiful markets, the river, the mountains - just does not get better than that! Taje care,”
Activity and Interests
We are not near the coast, but there are plenty of sandy beaches by the river, some of which are within walking distance. The nearest swimming pool is also only 3 mins walk from the house.
Rodez airport is 1hr 30 mins. Toulouse airport is 1hr 15 mins. Carcassone airport is 1hr45 mins.
3 mins walk into St Antonin. Cordes-sur-Ceil, Albi, Gaillac and Montauban are all within 45 mins drive.
The nearest village for bread and other essentials is St Antonin (3 mins on foot). Along with 2 bakeries/patisseries is a supermarket, a bank (with exchange facilities and cash points) a butchers, a superb cinema with up-to-date releases, and several bars and restaurants. Every Sunday morning St Antonin is home to one of the biggest traditional and lively markets in the area. People come from miles around to stock up on cheese, wine, vegetables (lots of organic produce available) and meat for the week. The bars are buzzing with people stopping for a quick glass of wine, before heading off for lunch at one of the local brasseries. The whole region is steeped in history from early Roman occupations to the Cathar uprisings. Within an hours travel there are several Bastide (fortified towns) and nearby historic Albi offers a great day out with its wonderful Cathedral -erected after the Cathar rebellions - and the Toulouse Lautrec museum. For lovers of wine the ancient 'cotes' of Gaillac and Quercy are close by, with many wines available to taste and buy that are not usually found outside of the region. For those looking do a little exercise, it is ideally situated for walking, cycling, canoeing, swimming and horse riding. Many of the local cafes offer wifi/internet access. We would also like to advise our guests that neither smoking nor pets are permitted on the property. Activities for children: St Antonin open-air swimming pool is within a 5 min walk of the property. 40 mins away, just after Cordes-sur-Ciel is Cap Decouverte. This provides a fun day out for all. It is at the bottom of an old quarry and provides white sandy beaches, swimming (with an inflatable mountain to jump off), water skiing, dry slope skiing, go Karts for under 10s and teenagers/adults and a mini roller coaster. There is also a death slide, which traverses the entire quarry - v scary!
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 May 2017 - 30 Jun 2017
61 night minimum stay
1 Jul 2017 - 9 Sep 2017
71 night minimum stay
10 Sep 2017 - 31 Oct 2017
52 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£100|
Bookings are accepted by email (letter bookings are also accepted up to 12 weeks before arrival). Payments are sterling cheques. A 25% non refundable deposit is required at time of booking. Bookings made less than 6 weeks prior to arrival require full payment at time of booking. Payment in full is required no later than 6 weeks prior to arrival. A 'damages' payment cheque of £100 is also required, it is not encashed, merely held until the property is vacated in good condition, then returned.
Changeover days are Saturdays (though we can be more flexible on this outside of peak season). Arrivals are after 4pm and departure time is by 10am.
25% of the value when booking - and the balance and deposit six weeks before.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Newly fitted shower room with large sunflower sized showerhead, basin, mirror and shelves. There is a separate WC with basin and mirror. Both have been recently refurbished to a very high standard.
- 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (1 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 - Furnished to a high standard with a comfortable double bed, large double wardrobe & an overhead fan. French doors open onto terrace & overlook river. 2 Double sofa beds in 2 other rooms (one room with pull- across divider blinds for privacy).
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: It should be noted the dining room is quite often used as a 2nd bedroom, as it can be sectioned off from the main kitchen/lounge area by a set of pull-across blinds. As the photo shows (beige checked sofa next to window) there is a set of sliding, glass doors - also with pull down blinds - that lead directly onto the terrace. This is one of our favourite rooms, as herons can be spotted on the weir most mornings. There is a second sofabed in the lounge, a z-bed and a travel cot if required. Outside: The property enjoys sun from morning to evening and has split level decking. At the foot of the garden is a door (lockable) leading to the river, where it is possible to wade out (calf height) to a small sandy island – the island can be seen from the property and is a great place for children to play and paddle, or for adults to relax with a book and a glass of wine under the trees. Plus a beautiful wier to the left-gving you an exquisite background sound. The property looks onto high stunning cliffs - truly amazing views. The property is equipped with sun loungers, garden furniture, parasols and a charcoal barbeque. There are is also a swing for children. If you email me I can arrange for chilcren's pool to be left out (2 ft deep)- eletric pump in is in the kitchen. All new towels and bedding has recenlty been added (summer 2013). Outside lighting and security lights have also been fitted. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen are included. The property is cleaned on changeovers, however, this is primarly to change the sheets, launder the towels and to and make sure the property is up to standard. Other: The house has wifi access. The dining room has French doors leading onto the terrace, and offers a beautiful view of the river. There is a table with four chairs, an armchair and a double sofa bed. All rooms are south facing (except for the toilet).