Villa in Aas, Nr Pau, Pyrenees Atlantique, France - Located, 30 Mins South Of Pau, Within 1km Of Col D'aubisque And Minutes From Winter Ski Resort
Set high above the Ossau valley 30 minutes from Pau overlooking a designated National Park, Les Siffleurs is an architect designed property set in one of the prime locations in the Ossau valley. The house is on the outskirts of an historic Pyrenean village and its sunny south facing position affords stunning views of the valley and mountains. With 3 double bedrooms and 2 sitting rooms there is accommodation for up to 9 people; modern en suite bathrooms, generously proportioned open plan living areas, magnificent kitchen and a state of the art air conditioning/heating system. In the summer this is the perfect base for a range of summer activities including walking, golf, mountain/ road cycling, rafting, fishing, climbing and of course the less strenuous but equally rewarding eating, relaxing and sunbathing. In winter it is ideally located for skiing minutes from the renowned resort of Gourette recently benefitting from a 50 million euro investment in its infrastructure.
About the Owner
Activity and Interests
The sea, sand and surfing at Biarritz and the neighbouring beaches, all are but a 90 minute drive away.
Ryanair airports: Pau, Tarbes - Lourdes 60 minutes. Biarritz 90 minutes.
Easyjet airports: Bilbao and Toulouse are less than 3 hours from the house.
The port of Santander is less than 3 hours from the house.
The house is 30 minutes south of Pau and 30 minutes from the Spanish border. Lourdes is a 40 minute drive.
Walking: Whether you are seeking gentle walks through mountain villages or something a little more adventurous this is the place for you. The Ossau valley's abundance of flora and fauna make this one of the most spectacular regions in Europe. A number of well-known hiking routes pass through the Ossau valley: GR10 - the trans- Pyrenean route HRP - the high trans-Pyrenean route GR65 - one of the routes on the St James' Way, leading to Santiago de Compostela. Guides are available to accompany you, or with a local IGN map you can go it alone. Trails are all well-signposted. Cycling: Road - The area is a cyclist's paradise : 11km from Aas is the Col d'Aubisque - the hors categorie Tour de France climb. It is one of the many nearby cols to test yourself against. Mountain biking: There are numerous circuits in the local area, and in nearby valleys. A few kilometres from Aas,there is a climb from Laruns up to the Col de Louvie, which forms part of a trans-Pyrenean mountain bike route; also in the valley towards the Pourtalet there is a breathtaking descent from the top of the Sagette cable car in Artouste to the Fabreges Lake. In the summer months, the Gourette lifts are open to carry your bike up and enjoy the down hills. Climbing: The Ossau valley is one of the areas in the Pyrenees known for its climbing routes. The office of the bureau de guides in Laruns can provide information Rafting: There are some superb rivers in the locality and many rafting centres to choose from all within a 40 minute drive from the house. We can provide you with contact details, directions etc.
- Booking Notes:
A 30% deposit is requested in order to confirm your booking. The final balance is due 6 weeks prior to commencement of the rental period.
The preferred changeover day is Saturday.
- Air Conditioning
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- En-suite to master bedroom with corner bath and WC. En-suite to bedroom 2 with shower, sink unit, separate WC. Downstairs separate shower room and separate WC.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 9
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 9 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Master bedroom with king size bed, single bed and en-suite. Views of the Pic du Midi. Bedroom 2 with king size bed and en-suite. Views towards Pyrenean National Park. Bedroom 3 with twin beds. Bedroom 4 / 2nd sitting room with double sofabed
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: The property is fully air conditioned. Outside: Sun terrace with stunning views over Pyrenean National Park Double garage. Utility Room: The utility room is incorporated in the downstairs bathroom and includes a washing machine. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Linen is provided. Guests are requested to bring their own towels. The property is cleaned prior to commencement of each letting. Other: Open plan dining area, seating for 8.