House in Sablet, Vaucluse, Provence, France - Traditional Village Amid The Vineyards Of The Cote Du Rhone
Sablet is a village where the people you will meet in the cafes and shops are your neighbours who live and work in the village or the surrounding area. Literally 2 minutes walk from Les Maisons are the shops, cafes and restaurants that provide a convenience to your daily life whilst here. Many wineries can be found within walking distance of Les Maisons. There are 2 boulangeries (bakeries), 2 epiceries (convenience markets), a boucherie (butcher), a fleuriste, a tabac – presse, where you can pick up your daily copy of the local and Parisian daily newspapers as well as the International Herald Tribune, a banque (with cash machine), post office and medical center with on duty doctors and a dentist. The Café des Sports is a great place to relax over a café au lait, or an early evening aperitif, maybe before dinner at one of the neighboring restaurants - Le Cornucopia, Les Remparts -or the Pizza Comme Di where you can dine outdoors in the square.
About the Owner
We are Mary & Tony Byrne, an almost retired couple who fell in love with Provence and Sablet when really close friends of ours bought a house in the village in 2004. Our friends alerted us La Grande Maison in late 2006, mind you at that time is was not so grand.
Over the next 18 months there was lots of work from our builders, Patrice and Jean Claude and many hours from Mary & I, family and friends, who probably did not know what they were getting themselves in for when invited to join us in Provence.
Now we have 3 lovely bedrooms in the main house and a separate self contained apartment. We live in Perth in Australia but try and spend 3 months or so in Sablet each year, usually in the apartment.
We love the village and the friends we have made there. We hope to meet you the
From the Owner
“Sablet is a small living French village perched atop a hill and surrounded by vineyards. It is not on the tourist route, no tour buses and yet it has all you need in terms of shops, bars, and dining from standard to 5 star. We did not really intend to buy. We fell in love with the place after spending some time with our friends and when the opportunity presented itself we jumped at it. Not normally so impetuous but delighted with the decision.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays
1 hour drive to coast.
Nearest airport Avignon.
3hr TGV train ride from Paris to Avignon.
Hire cars available at station in Avignon.
35 min drive from Avignon to Sablet.
Hire car recommended.
Just a short distance from Sablet you will find the pretty villages of Isle-sur-la-Sorgue and Fontaine-du-Vacluse where tourists can enjoy local markets or visit Vaison La Romain, the site of famous Roman ruins. A day visit to Avignon is a must, only 40 mins by car. There you can visit the palace of the Popes, indulge in some shopping and wander around the old walled city.
There are 2 Boulangeries (bakeries), 2 Epiceries (convenience markets), a Boucherie (Butcher), a Fleuriste, a Tabac – Presse, where you can pick up your daily copy of the local and Parisian daily newspapers as well as the International Herald Tribune, a Banque (with cash machine), Post Office and Medical Center with on duty doctors and a dentist.
The Café des Sports is a great place to relax over a café au lait, or an early evening aperitif, maybe before dinner at one of the neighboring restaurants - Le Cornucopia, Les Remparts -or the Pizza Comme Di where you can dine outdoors in the square or take it to go. Restaurant Les Abeilles brings to life 'la cuisine du marché' as the seasonal menu showcases locally produced, fresh foods. The restaurant with its large plane tree shaded terrace is found a short walk from the village center on the Route de Vaison.
- Booking Notes:
All rates are weekly based on an occupancy of 6 people. Rental weeks begin on Saturdays at 4pm. Check out time is by 10am. 50% deposit is due upon reservation - the balance is due 60 days prior to the commencement of the rental period. Reservations made within 60 days of the beginning of the rental period must be paid in full upon reservation. Signed rental agreement and deposit are required before the confirmation of the reservation.
Changeover day is Saturday. Arrival after 4.00pm and checkout by 10.00am.
Notes on prices:
All rates are weekly in USD and are based on a maximum occupancy of 6 people.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“When we stay in Sablet we spend some time working on the house, there is always something to do. And then we either relax in the village or visit the nearby towns. Even now after 5 or 6 years we are still discovering jewels within 30 minutes of home. I suppose the thing we look forward to most is spending some time on terrace of a summers evening with a glass of local red wine and 360 degree views over the Cote du Rhone. We love to relax at the Cafe de Sports with Bruno and Sylvie and the fine dining at Les Abeilles with Johannes and Marlise”
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
- water parks
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- There are two main bathrooms, an ensuite to the master bedroom with a shower, bath and separate toilet, a shared ensuite to beds 2 & 3 including a shower and toilet and there is a third toilet on the ground floor.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: 3 large bedrooms - 2 king size and 1 queen size beds. 2 bedrooms have huge exposed beams and a shared en-suite, while the master bedroom enjoys views of the beautiful church garden and its own large en-suite.
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: High speed internet and free international phone calls to land lines anywhere in the world. English speaking satellite TV is available. Outside: The 12th century village of Sablet is set in a picturesque valley surrounded by vineyards and backed by the beautiful hills of the Dentelles de Montmirail. Sablet is built on the slope of a hill and features old fortification remains (walls, towers and gates). On the top of the hill is a small church, next to which you will find our beautiful home. Utility Room: This includes the washing machine and clothes dryer Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen are included and are changed weekly. The property is cleaned weekly. Other: The house boasts a roof top terrace affording sweeping views of the village and providing a perfect place to spend the evening as the sun sets over the town. Enjoy 360 degree views of the valley and Dentelles.