Casa Acebuche 4 bed, 2 bathrm, Country House in Parralejos, nr Vejer de la Frontera, - Located In quiet rural Hamlet,10 Mins From Vejer,20 Mins From Beach &Cape Trafalgar. WiFi available
Stylishly restored country house on the edge of a quiet farming hamlet just outside Vejer de la Frontera. The accommodation is arranged around a typical Andalucian Patio and is comprised of 4 bedrooms (sleeps 7) The house sits in its own enclosed grounds with secluded pool (8mx4m), garden & private parking. Parralejos is a tiny unspoiled farming hamlet with about 20 houses scattered in & around a hidden valley, just 10 minutes drive out of the sparkling hill-top fortress town of Vejer. A small flock of sheep & goats can often be seen meandering past the house, through the village,munching at the hedgerows and drinking from the stream as they go. Whilst there are no shops or bars in the village,mobile shops regularly pass through & there is an small and exclusive boutique hotel at the other end of the village which can provide restaurant facilities within walking distance should you like a change of scene.
About the Owner
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Events and Bird-Watching! (Not necessarily together).
Montenmedio is less than 10 mins away from the house - major equestrian events take place here especially in February. At the other end of the scale, we have a local stables (5 mins from the house) where you can take a 'made to measure' hack in the local countryside.
We are well located near some of Europe's most important wetlands habitats, plus, we are right on the migratory routes between North Africa and Europe. Also, half an hours drive from the Alcornacosa National Park too, means that there is a vast range of bird-life just waiting to be spotted in the area.
Local beaches include:
Los Caños de Meca (Cape Trafalgar)
El Palmar - all 20 minutes away by car and Conil de la Frontera -25 minutes away by car
Close to 4 major airports - 45 mins drive from Jerez,1 hour from Gibraltar, 1 hour 45 mins from Seville and 2 hours from Malaga.
Bolonia and Roman Baelo Claudio, 30 mins.
Cadiz, 35 mins.
Jerez de la Frontera, 45 mins.
Seville, 90 mins.
Cordoba, 150 mins.
Alcala, 30 mins.
Medina Sidonia, 25 mins.
Tarifa, 40 mins.
Gibraltar 60 mins.
Tangiers, 40 mins + 1 hour ferry.
Great things to do locally:
Walking: take one of the stunning walks in the Alcornocales National Park (as described in Chris Stewart's book - Almond Blossom Appeciation Society)
Birdwatching: view a stunning variety of wetland birds and a wide range of woodland species locally, or take a day trip out with a local expert
Golf: play golf on one of the fabulous local courses, the closest are at Benalup and Montenmedio-less than 10 mins away.
Montenmedio: in addition to golf, Montenmedio boasts many activities such as riding, 4-wheel drive and quad bike excursions, multi-adventure obstacle courses, rock climbing and abseiling, archery, paintball and orienteering just to mention a few!!
Swimming: visit the stunning Atlantic beaches such as at El Palmar and Cape Trafalgar (20 mins by car).
Vejer: spend time wandering through the ancient winding Moorish streets of Vejer and appreciate the splendour of the unique Vejer patios.
Horse Riding: from an hour to a whole day, take a made to measure hack. Stables 5mins from house!
Sherry tasting: spend a day out in Jerez,tour a sherry house (such as Gonzalez Byass, the home of Tio Pepe), plus one of the renowned tapas bars, the Alcazar, or visit the Carthusian horse stables and the Royal Equestrian school.
Shopping: visit Conil market on a Friday morning or browse the myriad of little shops in Vejer.
Explore Cadiz: completely undersold by the tourist guides, visit the unspoilt ancient port of Cadiz with it's rich naval history, glistening domed cathedral, flower market, and Camera Oscura, the Torre Tavira.
Whale watching: take a boat from Tarifa out into the Straits of Gibraltar to see the migrating dolphins and whales.
Dine out: the thing to do for romantics and foodies alike. Some of the best fish restaurants can be found at the beach, so sip a sherry or glass of wine as you watch one of the stunning sunsets.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
4 Nov 2016 - 10 Feb 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
A 25% deposit (non-refundable) is required to secure a booking. The balance, is payable 8 weeks in advance.
Changeover day is Friday although we will always try to be flexible for your needs. See 'Notes on Pricing'.
Access to the house is from 4pm on arrival day.
Departure time is 10.00am on the morning of departure please.
Notes on prices:
Prices shown are for 4 people per week with an additional charge of £100 per person, per week for a 5th, 6th & 7th person.
A 25% deposit (non-refundable) is required to secure a booking. The balance, is payable in full, 8 weeks before arrival at the house.
Longer low seasons rentals are negotiable - contact us if interested.
- Available arrival
- Hair Dryer
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- pets considered
- near the sea
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- The en-suite to master bedroom has a walk-in shower, plus toilet, hand basin and full-sized bath. The family bathroom has a walk-in shower plus toilet & hand basin. All bathrooms have loads of hooks & shaver points and a hairdryer is provided too.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 7 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Master bedroom with king-size bed & en-suite bathroom. 1 Double room, 1 twin room and 1 single bedroom sharing a large family bathroom. All rooms with ample storage space, fans for summer, good lighting and comfy beds with nice linen and great towels!
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The pool is fenced as is the entire property making is suitable for children and or well behaved pets! For babies, we have cot, high chair, play-pen and baby-bath - all available on request. Outside: Enclosed gardens include a shady area to play boule. There is a large traditional Andalucian patio, plus an external shaded terrace with a large picnic table (sufficient to seat 10) with an adjacent large built BBQ. The Private Pool is 8.5m x 4, fenced and slopes from 1.2m deep to 2.0m. Large easy steps are to one side making this an 'L'-shaped pool. The pool has two terraces - one in the sun (6m x 3m) and one in the shade (5m x 5m) and there is a pool-side shower. It is very sheltered and extremely private. There is ample parking space within the grounds for up to 3 cars. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: The house will be fully prepared for your arrival and beds made with cotton sheets and 2 towels per person, plus a pool/beach towel per person. Bed linen and towels changed weekly for lets of 2 weeks+. Pool maintained and cleaned regularly. Other: Garden room with original beamed ceiling, loads of natural light and bags of character. Stylish room, opening out onto the enclosed patio on one side and the garden terrace on the other. The property has gas-fired central heating for winter lets.