Farmhouse in Deia, Mallorca - Beautiful Setting, Close To Deia Village And The Beach
This beautiful old farmhouse has been carefully restored retaining its farming roots yet combining additional style and comfort. Its transformation has been born from the creativity of its owners: whitewashed walls, wooden beams and pebbled floors provide the perfect backdrop for a collection of simple African furniture and artifacts. Tribal drums, straw bowls, and antique clothes are hung on walls or placed around the house as objet d’art. Candles, natural colours and textures - creams, ochres, dark woods, beige and stone - combine to create a soothing yet stylish ambiance. The 3 bedrooms (2 doubles and 1 twin) are fresh, clean and airy. An infinity pool is tucked away in a large terraced garden, full of gnarled old olive trees and stocked with interesting Mallorquin (Majorcan) plants. Please see website below for more details on the house, Deia and places of interest.
About the Owner
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Wine tasting may be arrange at house or local wine shop. Cultural visits to museums.
We offer a concierge service who will visit you on arrival and help you organize your stay with special catered evening, visits to village markets, boat rides etc etc. Please ask for further information.
Deia is an exceptionally popular destination for both cyclists and walkers, especially in the cooler months and as the house has central heating its an absolutely ideal base to explore the mountain range, Serra de Tramuntana. Guided walks are available.
This special farmhouse is located only 100 metres above sea level and a delightful 15 min stroll (5 min drive) down through beautiful orchards and olive and lemon groves leads you to the 'cala', the cove, where the few remaining fishermen still go out at dawn to cast their nets. This beautiful secluded cove is only really known to the locals. The beach is small and rocky but it's a gorgeous place to spend some time.
Palma is the islands airport about 35 minutes drive away. Approaching Deià by road from Palma one rounds the headland at Sa Pedrissa to be greeted by the first view of the village.With the towering mountains of the 'Serra de Tramuntana' as its backdrop, the village, topped by its ancient church, sits on its hill then extends to the valley below with its system of open irrigation channels that date back to moorish times.
An excellent bus service runs in each direction from Deia (to Palma and Soller)
Palma is around 30 mins by car and the Port of Soller is around 15 mins by car.
A two minute walk away from the house is an ancient mule track which offers an exhilarating walk through beautiful scenery to Soller. This walk takes about an hour and a half. From Soller you can take the old tram down to the Port of Soller where it is possible to take boat trips.
The house is also availble for long lets from October to April and also for filmwork. Please email for more information.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£259|
25% payment is required to secure the booking and the final payment is to be paid 8 weeks prior to arrival date.
Changeover day is Saturday but may be flexible in low season.
Notes on prices:
The house is also availble for long lets from October to April. Please email for more information.
Payment of 25% on confirmation via bank transfer
8 weeks prior to arrival date balance of 75∞ also sent via bank transfer .
DO NOT SENT ANY MONEY WITHOUGHT CONFIRMING VIA PHONE FIRST .
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- near the sea
Local Services & Businesses
- massage therapist
- medical services
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- First floor master bedroom and second bedroom with shared bathroom with shower. Third bedroom (twin) with bathroom with walk-in shower.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Front of house: first floor (front) master bedroom with double bed, 1 king sized (1.80m x 2.00m). Second double with 1 queen sized (1.60m x 2.00m). First floor (rear) third bedroom: There is 1 twin bedroom (2 single beds 0.90m x 1.80m).
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: This beautiful old farmhouse has been carefully restored retaining its farming roots yet combining additional style and comfort. Whitewashed walls, wooden beams and pebbled floors provide the perfect backdrop for a collection of simple African furniture and artefacts. Tribal drums, straw bowls, antique cloths and lobster pots are hung on walls or placed around the house as objet d'art. Candles, natural colours and textures - creams, ochres, dark woods, beige and stone - combine to create a soothing yet stylish ambience. The farmhouse is arranged over two floors. The 3 bedrooms (2 doubles/1 twin) are fresh, clean and air. Enjoy dining al fresco from the wonderful terrace enjoying sea views. A lovely infinity swimming pool overlooking the Med is tucked away in a large terraced garden, full of gnarled old olive trees and stocked with interesting Mallorquin plants. The house is ideal for winter visits as it has excellent heating and the terrace gets the sun all day. Outside: Terrace with sea views; There is a French-style table and chairs for dining al fresco. An infinity pool overlooking the ocean is tucked away in a large terraced garden, full of gnarled old olive trees and stocked with interesting Mallorquin (Majorcan) plants. Sun loungers. BBQ. Parking. Utility Room: Washing machine and dryer. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linens included. Pool towels for internal use only. Other: The kitchen is fitted with fridge, freezer, oven, hob, coffee maker, microwave and dishwasher. There is also a TV room with a sofa, TV with DVD player, Sky TV and WiFi. The house is centrally heated making it ideal for winter stays.