Church Stretton, Shropshire, England - Great Location for Walking or Touring Just an Easy 10 Min Stroll into Town
Brookfields is an elegant Edwardian property built for the local wine merchant in 1902. It is a light and spacious house with great views of the Shropshire Hills. Having recently been extensively renovated it enjoys both the benefit of period features with all the modern amenities we have come to expect. Beautifully decorated and furnished to provide a lovely comfortable environment in which to unwind. With a large lounge, spacious dining room and a good sized, modern, very well equipped kitchen the property is ideally suited for that special gathering of family or friends. Set in large grounds with outdoor seating areas including an elevated deck the property has ample off street parking. Just on the edge of town in a quiet residential area the property offers a great location to access the local amenities, shops, cafes, restaurants, pubs, antique market, railway station. Great location for walking the hills or touring the many attractions of Shropshire and Mid Wales.
Top Traveller Review
Delightful house and location
About the Owner
5 based on 4 holidaymaker reviews
Delightful house and location
I spent my 50th birthday with 16 friends eating and enjoying this lovely comfortable, delightful house. Very warm despite the cold and spacious enough for a most enjoyable weekend. Church Stretton is wonderful fab walking and even good weather too. Lovely reception on arrival despite a croaky voice - still smiling! Went to the White House Italian restaurant on A49 - also fabulous!
A lovely house in a beautiful area. It was a bonus that we could walk straight from the house. We are a large group of friends and appreciated the en suite bedrooms, well equipped kitchen and spacious dining room.
Julie and James were welcoming and friendly and on hand to sort out any problems. We would certainly recommend this property.
Great for family/friends to get together
We (5 couples) stayed for New Year week and it was ideal for a 'House Party' type break. We were very comfortable and Jules and James could not have been more helpful and friendly. Their only fault being the inability to stop the rain from falling! We wish them well with their new venture and if our experience is anything to go by they will be very successful.
Great venue for family get-together
We rented the whole of Brookfields for a big family get-together. It was the perfect venue for this and Julie and James were great hosts. The house is beautiful, spacious, well-equipped and comfortable, with fantastic views from many of the rooms. The location is perfect as it's easy to walk into Church Stretton, but at the same time tucked away and quiet. We will certainly be back, perhaps at a different time of year when we will also be able to enjoy the lovely garden. Highly recommended!
Activity and Interests
If arriving by plane Birmingham or Manchester airports are approx 1.5 hours away by car.
Church Stretton is approx 12-15 miles from the historic towns of Shrewsbury (county town), Ludlow and Much Wenlock. Many historic houses and gardens are within an hours drive. Ironbridge "the birthplace of industry" and its ten individual heritage museums are within easy driving distance. The Severn Valley Steam Railway and the RAF museum at Cosford are also in the locality. Acton Scott Historic working Farm (recently the star of the BBC series Victorian Farm) is approx 10-15 mins away by car.
- Booking Notes:
A sample rental agreement document and brochure will be provided on enquiry. A deposit of one third on booking will be requested with balance eight weeks prior to arrival. A refundable "good housekeeping deposit" is also requested returned within seven days of departure if property and contents are left in good order.
Flexible subject to availability
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property in UK pounds.
Discounts for longer lets considered.
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 4 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 5 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 6 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 7 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bed 1 en-suite bath + shower over, wc, whb. Bed 2 en-suite shower, wc, whb. Bed 3 en-suite shower, wc, whb. Bed 4 en-suite shower, wc, whb. Bed 5 private shower, wc, whb. Bed 6 private bath, wc, whb. Bed 7 en-suite shower, wc, whb & bidet.
- 7 Bedrooms, Sleeps 14
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Bedroom 6
- Bedroom 7
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 14 (7 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed. Bedroom 2 with twin beds. Bedroom 3 with double bed. Bedroom 4 with double bed. Bedroom 5 with single bed. Bedroom 6 with double bed. Bedroom 7 with double bed. 3 extra single beds available.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The property has a central heating system and all rooms can be individually regulated by thermostatic control valves. Property is flexible in that some additional beds can be put up in certain bedrooms so that different group configurations can be considered. A comprehensive fire detection and alarm system has been fitted with emergency exit lights in the event of any mains power failure. Outside: Sizable mature garden with lawns, trees & shrubs, Garden seating areas with outdoor furniture including hammock. Elevated deck with table & chairs for outdoor dining and steamer chairs for reclining. Barbecue. Ample parking off road. Utility Room: Two washing machines, Two tumble driers. Also cloakroom off with wc and wash basin. Iron and ironing board available. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All bedrooms will be set up with quality white linen and fluffy white towels. Complimentary drink making facilities and toiletries in all bedrooms. Other: Large porch with leaded light windows equipped with coat stand, boot racks and seating. Hall and lobbies with stain glass door and window panels. Stair case which is the central core of the house with balustrading and hardwood handrails.