Villa in Ventnor, Isle of Wight, England - Spacious Self-Catering Accommodation, Just 5 Mins Walk from the Beach
A Victorian Gentleman's residence with breathtaking southerly sea views, from a balcony that would have witnessed the Titanic's maiden voyage. The view extends west towards the undercliffe and east across the pretty Victorian town of Ventnor. Take time to sit in the garden and watch the ships cross the channel or step onto the balcony from either of the double bedrooms and enjoy breakfast with a spectacular sea view. Enjoy an evening meal under the twin chandeliers at a table fit for a banquet in the separate dining room! Step onto the Victorian veranda from either the lounge or dining room to soak up the sheltered southerly sun. Just 10 minutes walk away, the quaint beach is flanked by the famous Spy Glass Inn and the Ventnor marina. Take time to walk along the cliffs to neighbouring Steephill Cove or Bonchurch. Unwind on the terraces of the small cafes on Ventnor esplanade or tinker in the many antique shops along the high street. Stroll west to the renowned Botanical Gardens.
About the Owner
Activity and Interests
5 minute walk to the nearest beach at Ventnor or a 20 minute stroll along the coastal path to picturesque Steephill cove. Within a 10 minute drive you will find yourselves in the the glorious protected West Wight region with sweeping sandy beaches and surfing coves. The beautiful unspoilt beach at Compton is just 20 minutes drive. The family friendly beaches of Shanklin and Sandown with all their amenities are also only 10 minutes drive away.
The property can be reached by ferry arriving either at Fishbourne, Cowes or Yarmouth. If travelling by train and bus an easy link from Portsmouth rail station to Ryde (via Seacat) and then a connecting train to Shanklin and onwards to Ventnor by bus, brings you within a 2 minute walk of Bellevue.
The island is 23 miles by 12 miles and most places of interest from the world famous Alum Bay Needles to the Zoo at Sandown are just a half hour drive or less. Ventnor town centre is just a 5 minute walk away.
Ventnor has a great selection of restaurants, pubs and wine bars or a good size supermarket for your self catering needs. There is the Coastal Visitors Centre, a local history museum, the Longshoremans Museum, a fabulous real ale pub called The Volunteer (which is reputed to be the smallest on the island but with up to 8 real ales on draught), an authentic Chinese restaurant and a wonderfully atmospheric Tapas Bar. Fine dining can be found at the Rex Piano Bar, Royal Hotel and the Michelin starred Hambrough Hotel. Additionally boat trips may be arranged from the local marina and a fantastic selection of fresh locally caught fish, crab and lobster is available daily. The 1930's built Winter Gardens hosts frequent shows including some top comedians and famous names from the music industry.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
Changeover Day: Friday
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£250|
Bookings are from Friday to Friday. A 50% deposit secures your booking with the balance due 4 weeks before arrival when a £250 damage deposit is payable.
Changeover is on Friday, with guests departing at 10am and new guests arriving from 3pm.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in UK pounds.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Table Football
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- near the sea
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 4 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Master bedroom en-suite with wc, basin and bath with shower over. Bedroom 2 en-suite with wc, basin and shower. Bedroom 3 en-suite with wc, basin and shower. Bedroom 4 en-suite with large shower, wc and hand basin.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8/10 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Master bedroom with panoramic sea views has 4 poster bed and French doors onto the balcony. Bedroom 2 has kingsize bed access to same balcony. Bedrooms 3 and 4 have twin beds, each with an extra full-size pull out single bed. Cot available upon request
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: There is a small garden to the front of the property which can be secured. Child supervision is always recommended due to gate access to the residential road and a wall to the side of property. Please note that the self-contained rental accommodation comprises the main residence, however the old servants quarters with separate entrance may be occupied by the owners. Outside: There is a lawned garden to the front with barbecue and garden furniture provided for outdoor dining. There is off-road parking for 2 vehicles and addiitonal on road parking outside Bellevue. Utility Room: Separate utility area off kitchen with washing machine, tumbler dryer, iron and ironing board. Pegs available for rotating airer in front garden. Also bins for recycling. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All towels and linens are included and the property is cleaned weekly. Other: A separate downstairs wc. Also a selection of toys are available, as well as a football table located in the alcove of the lounge. There is a stone built BBQ in the garden and garden furniture is provided for outdoor living. A high chair is available.