Villa in Citta della Pieve, Lake Trasimeno, Italy - Quietly Located, High Standard, Comfortable And Stylish, Many Sports Facilities, Ideal For Families
Luxurious Umbrian country house of 360 sq.m. authentically restored. Newly built separate guest cottage in traditional style. All together sleeps 10 (5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms). Both houses are located on a very beautiful estate with vast views. There are separate gardens, all carefully landscaped by a well known Tuscan garden architect. One will see gardens with roses, buxus, lavender, cypresses and rosemary as well as an orchard, an large olive grove and oak forest. One of the gardens hosts the spacious pool (14 x7) surrounded by flowers and lemon trees. All kind of in and outdoor playing facilities for adults and children are there. The interior is in a light classic style, luxurious and cozy. The fenced villa is beautifully positioned (950m from main road) on top of a hillside not far from Lake Trasimeno. The property is not too isolated, but offers total privacy. The A1 highway (Rome-Florence) is only 20 mins away where the old medieval town of Città della Pieve is only 4km away.
About the Owner
The owners are a professional multi-lingual couple based in the Netherlands, with four teenage children who make frequent use of the house throughout the year, in all seasons. It has been lovingly restored to a very high level of quality. In recent years it has been further renewed and everything is state of the art.
Guestbook comments from the owner
"An oasis of peace and quiet; all you hear are the birds singing"
"Stunning property, photos on website do not do it justice"
"Great facilities and extensive property"
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
All kind of activities (tours, cooking classes, tastings, spa) can be arranged on request (separate prices).
The Trasimeno Lake is a 15 minutes drive.
Nearest airports are Perugia 1 hour (Ryanair from London Stansted), Florence Peretola (1.5 hours), Rome Fiumicino or Ciampino 2 hours / 150km, Ancona 3 hours, Pisa 2.5 hours. A1 Autostrada exit Chiusi is 15km. Car recommended. Train station of Chiusi (International station) is 15 minutes away by car. From there quick access to Rome 1.5 hours and Florence 45 minutes.
3 km to Città della Pieve. 12km Paciano. 10km Panicale. 30km Perugia. 90km Siena. 40km Orvieto. 30km Montepulciano. 12km Chiusi (railway station with fast and international trains to Rome and Florence).
Città della Pieve is a well known unspoilt beautiful red bricked medieval hill town. Città della Pieve has all facilities such as banks, 2 well stocked supermarkets, theatre, post office, small hospital and pharmacy. There is a good selection of restaurants, friendly trattorias and wine bars serving Umbrian specialties. Saturday morning market. During the year many cultural activities are organized in the city Centre. Famous Palio mid August.
Numerous places of interest are within very easy reach: Montepulciano, Siena, Pienza, Perugia, Orvieto, Cortona, Assisi, San Casciano, Arezzo, Deruta, Bevagna, Montefalco, to name a few. Rome and Florence are easily accessible by train for a day trip in just over an hour. The famous Fontana Verde Thermal Spa Resort (San Casciano di Bagni) is only 35 minutes away. Spa and hot springs also in the vicinity.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£670|
Deposit on booking and final payment 30 days before arrival.
Security deposit on arrival: 800 euros.
Changeover day is normally on Saturdays, but might be changed upon request depending on other bookings. Arrival after 3pm and departure before 10am.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the main property per week in euros. The guest house is 500 euros extra per week. Weekly cleaning: 150 euros for mainhouse and 80 euros cottage (including a mid week cleaning). Special prices for long winter lets.
Deposit on booking and final payment 30 days before arrival.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The house has been lovingly and painstakingly restored over the course of more than ten years to become the peaceful and tasteful countryside oasis that it now is. It is primarily used as a holiday house for the family and is only infrequently rented out. As a result it has many additional features not found in houses that are primarily used for investment and renting purposes. It oozes charm, style and tranquility. There are no neighbors and it possesses entirely undisturbed and free views on all sides. It can only to be reached at the end of a small road through a private forest. The gardens and land are stunning.”
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 4 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- 4 bathrooms all with private shower; 3 also have a bath.
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 10/12 (5 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: 3 bedrooms with double bed. 2 bedrooms with 2 single beds. Sleeping couches x2.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The house is perfectly suited for families with children and groups of adults. Playground with equipment, indoor playing area and gym below the cottage with table tennis, fitness equipment including weights and small billiard table. Main house and cottage are not rented out separately. Outside: Separate gardens landscaped by famous Tuscan garden architect. Large olive grove, orchard and well maintained oak forest. Luxurious garden furniture, stone exposed outside BBQ and Pizza Oven. Children’s playground and professional lawn boccia (jeu de boules) area. Jogging track around the olive grove. Utility Room: New washing machine and new dryer Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen are included in the rental price. A mid week cleaning is also included. Other: Separate equipped gym, football posts, je de boule, running track and trampoline.