Maison Safran sleeps 8 people in 4 bedrooms. The 2 doulble bedrooms are en-suite
Maison Safran a recently renovated former farm house, set in a large garden with a beautiful private pool. It is located in Sourbins, a small hamlet,close to the medieval and historic village of Najac. The comfortable accommodation sleeps eight people. It has 2 double bedrooms both with en-suite bathrooms, one with a shower and the other with a bath. In addition, it has 2 twin bedded rooms with a shared shower and toilette.
Maison Safran has a large comfortable sitting room with T.V. and DVD player on the first floor. The ground floor consists of a modern, fully equipped kitchen that has access to a large outside dinning terrace under wisteria, with a view of the pool and surrounding countryside. There is also a utility room with a dishwasher and washing machine on the ground floor.
One of the double bedrooms is on the ground floor (a bath, no shower, vanity unit and wc). The second double room is on the first floor (shower, washbasin and wc)
The third bathroom is also on this floor (shower, washbasin and wc)
The two twin rooms are on the second floor , both accessed by their own staircase.
Unlimited internet and land line phone access is available. Lots of books and some games are in the house.
All linen is included and changed weekly, although we would ask you to leave pool towels clean for the next guests.
The property is on three levels and we recommend that parties with small children or those with limited mobility contact us if they have any concerns.
About the Owner
I am a retired senior bank executive and my wife is a social worker. This property is a labor of love for us and we are delighted with the way the renovations and upgrades to the property have created a tranquil and relaxing setting. Our Property is managed by Karen and David King, an English couple, who have lived in the area for twenty five years. We are in a position to provide you with excellent advice on places of interest, restaurants and outdoor activities to make your holiday truly enjoyable.
Guestbook comments from the owner
"What a charming, cozy house." A.D.
"So tranquil, spent the week watching the swallows over the pool" G.J.
"Najac is a magical place, with the best patisserie in France." M.T.
" Large garden with a beautiful porch and a fantastic pool." A.D.
"The house was spotlessly clean, and very well equipped." J. M.
"The view from the pool is as fantastic as the night sky." P.L.
"Can't thank you enough, a real home from home" M.L.
“What a truly wonderful place!!! We have had a fantastic time and Maison Safran is just gorgeous. Thank you." V.S.
"Maison Safran proved to be in an idyllic location and it was a truly relaxing holiday. Our thanks for your assistance in making it a really memorable holiday." T.W.
A lovely house to relax in and a great location for fantastic outings. Thanks for a lovely stay. C.W.
Lovely house, well equipped ,helpful and friendly team. B.T.
From the Owner
“We have been visiting France for the past twenty five years and fell in love with Southern France a long time ago. Najac has history, unspoiled countryside, excellent restaurants, modern conveniences and generally no crowds.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Just three kilometres away from Maison Safran is the beautifully preserved, fairytale-like, fortified bastide of Najac. The old town occupies a long and narrow rocky ridge overlooking a bend in the Aveyron river dominated by an impregnable castle. Laid out in the Middle Ages, the main square accommodated large markets and fairs and continues to do so today. Sunday market in Najac is very popular with the local residents as well as tourists.
There are several excellent restaurants ranging from 2 Michelin recommended restaurants to an artisanal bakery to several family-friendly establishments in Najac. (All have outdoor dining areas and many have stunning views of the surrounding valleys). For the more active, there is kayaking, rock climbing, horse back riding, tennis and fishing. Najac is a place you will never forget.
Maison Safran is situated in Sourbins, Najac with vistas of rolling hills in the lush countryside.
A20 motorway affords easy access to channel ports and the rest of France
Fly Ryanair to Rodez (1 hour from Rodez airport)
Fly Easyjet, BA or Flybe to Toulouse (80 minutes from Toulouse airport)
By road from channel ports is about 8 hrs via practically toll-free A20 motorway
Nearest Travel Links
Airport: Rodez: 70 km
Railway: Najac: 4 km
Port: Caen: 7/8 hours
Convenient air links and the new A20 motorway have recently enabled access to the department of Aveyron, one of the few unspoiled areas of France where traditional French country lifestyle still remains. It is an area of hidden valleys, stunning river gorges (the Aveyron, Lot and Tarn rivers are all nearby), rolling wooded hills and superb cuisine. Please note that we change-over on a SUNDAY
Villefranche de Rouergue, a famous bastide town with the highly popular Thursday market and three superstores, is a 15 minute drive away. Also easily accessed are World Heritage Site Conques, the amazing Cathedral and Toulouse Lautrec Museum at Albi, Cordes Sur Ciel (an ancient, well-preserved hilltop village), Belcastel, Saint Antonin de Noble Val, and many other ancient villages set on the Aveyron and Lot rivers. A visit to the Roquefort cheese caves, the vineyards of Marcillac, Gaillac and Cahors or Norman Foster's breathtaking new bridge at Millau all make for an interesting day out.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
4 Sep 2016 - 1 Jul 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£300|
25% of rental paid upon booking. Balance due 8 weeks prior to departure. If your departure is in less than 8 weeks, full payment should be sent at the time of bookings. A refundable deposit of 300 Euros is required with final payment; this includes 50 euros cleaning deposit which will be refunded when the house is left in an acceptable condition. Option to pay in Euros is available.
Please note that we change-over on a SUNDAY
Check in Sunday after 4pm
Check out Sunday 10am
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in pounds.
Deposit required at time of booking. Balance and security deposit due 8 weeks prior to arrival
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“All our rooms rooms are bright and airy and the views from our porch are truly memorable. Weekly maid service, shopping and restaurant bookings could be offered. .Also local cycle hire arranged Excellent location for day trips to Belcastel, Aveyron Gorges, Norman Foster's Bridge at Millau, Albi, Rockfort Cheese, Cordes Sur Ciel and several bastide towns.”
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Telephone ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Dishwasher ...
- Kitchen ...
- Oven ...
- Hob ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Video Library ...
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool ...
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome ...
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- autumn foliage
- botanical garden
- live theatre
- recreation centre
- water parks
- winery tours
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- horse riding
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- equestrian events
- freshwater fishing
- golf pass optional
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- water skiing
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, On the first floor
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, En-suite on the first floor
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Large vanity unit with twin sinks en-suite on ground floor
- New luxury bathrooms. Two bedrooms have en-suite facilities ,one a shower and one a bath. An additional bathroom with shower and toilet are located on the first floor.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Double Bed, On the first floor, with a view of the pool and the garden
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Double Bed, On the Ground floor.
- Bedroom 3 - 2 Single Bed, On the second floor accessed by own staircase
- Bedroom 4 - 2 Single Bed, On the second floor accessed by own staircase. 2m long beds
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: On the first floor is a master double bedded room with an en-suite shower and superb views. A second double bedded room with an en-suite bathroom ( no shower) is on the ground floor. On the top floor there are two twin bedded rooms. All bedrooms are bright and airy.
- Bicycles ...
- Terrace ...
- Golf ...
- Kayak / Canoe ...
- Garden ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: The property is managed by an English couple who have lived in this area for a long time. They would be delighted to provide you advice and assistance in planning your holiday. No smoking please. There is a telephone and internet . Please note that the two twin bedded rooms are on the second floor and are accessed by their own two staircases from the first floor. There is no toilet on the second floor. Please also note that there are no adults and children's rooms on the same floor. Due to the fact that we have a stairs and the swimming pool, young children do need to be supervised. If your party include those with limited mobility please talk to us before booking. Outside: Large(10x5 meters) brand new swimming pool with Roman Steps Patio with the view of the pool and rolling hills. Several large, shaded areas Good rural walks direct from the house The property is just three kilometres from medieval Najac, awarded the official designation of "one of the most beautiful villages in France" with its extensive recreational activities. Najac is dominated by its Richard the Lionheart fortress and surrounded by the Aveyron river, which offers water activities such as kayaking, rafting, fishing etc as well as hundreds of kilometres of marked walking and cycling tracks. There are several excellent restaurants in Najac and in the surrounding area. Utility Room: Washing machine, and dishwasher. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: The property comes complete with bed linen, kitchen towels, bath mats, bath towels and hand towels for each person. Pool towels are left for your convenience although we would appreciate that they are left clean for the next guests.