Apartment in Cabanas de Tavira, Eastern Algarve, Portugal - Near Beaches And Golf Course
Registered with the Portuguese authorities - (legal requirement since Dec 2014) AL number 12002/AL inspected for H&S, fire regulations and standard of accommodation provided.
This luxurious two bedroom apartment has one en-suite and one private bathroom and is fully air-conditioned. Two good size balconies to enjoy the sun both morning and afternoon. It has a large, residents only pool and is close to local shops and restaurants. It is only short walk to Benamor Golf course or approx 15 mins walk to the beach. For your convenience it has TV, DVD player and a music system with iPod dock and WIFI.
Top Traveller Review
5 Star in every way.
About the Owner
We are first time owners of this 2 bed luxury apartment build completion in 2009. We had intended to only keep it for personal and family use, hence the homely and luxurious furnishings. However events forced us to offer rentals and we really enjoy getting to know our guests and hearing their holiday explorations and experiences. We live in England in a village so were smitten on our first visit to the village of Cabanas.
Guestbook comments from the owner
This felt like a home away from home - greater than our expectations. We have already booked again
L & H London
Wonderful holiday in a beautiful apartment and so comfortable; lovely restaurants recommend O Patio - we will be back.
We had a fab week. The weather!
Your apartment and the location were perfect.
Cabanas beach is a favourite of all three of us now!
Every detail was accurate. It really is luxury, the pictures do not do it justice. We all had a fabulous fortnight and will be booking next year.
D & F Clapham
We can't wait to go again. Cabanas is a lovely village beautiful restaurants for all ages. Our kids were totally happy so that made it for us. The train ride to the water park was great.
Last year we said we could do with more beach chairs and now the owners have put 6 plus a couple for the kids and light ones for the beach. There is nothing else they could improve on.
4.8 based on 14 holidaymaker reviews
The apartment was fantastic. Good standard.
We really enjoyed our stay in the apartment and everything went smothly! The location was good even though it was quite a long walk to Tavira!
5 Star in every way.
The apartment came recommended by a relative and it totally lived up to our expectations. We found the property 5 star in every way, clean and well maintained. Every thing that one would need was provided by the owners, and the swimming pool was excellent. All E mails were responded to quickly and on return from our hols. the bond was refunded promptly. We would not hesitate in recommending this property to friends and family. There is a supermarket and restaurants in close proximity, and many more in Cabanas and the ones we tried were first class.
Modern, clean & pleasant
Two week stay in early summer. The apartment is very well maintained with good quality furniture and fittings. The place has a homely feel rather than a lived-in holiday let which can sometimes be the case. WiFi which now seems sadly a necessary part of modern life was a good bonus & essential for teenagers! Front and rear balconies provide good options to avoid, if you wish, the high sun or for when the pool area or neighbours' evening celebrations are a little noisy. To be fair this wasn't common and the area was generally quiet, when we did visit the pool we didn't struggle to secure a sunbed - might not be the same in high summer but the apartment provides its own chairs, beds etc.
Cabanas is a great location which we've been to before - plenty of choices of places to eat, something to suit all tastes and the local people are extremely friendly. The beaches are stunning, we tended to drive out to a favourite quiet location but Cabanas beach will not disappoint. Though it's a bit of hike down to the boat taxi on a hot day.
Great Out of Season Break
Beautifully furnished & equipped - far superior to other places we have stayed. Very relaxing sitting around the large pool. Weather was a bit mixed on a couple of days (it was October!) but still plenty to do as the local shops and restaurants were all open despite being "out of season". Surprising number of restaurants so we tended to take pot luck - no disappointments and very good value for money.
Avoiding the school holidays is certainly cost effective and didn't seem to impact our desire for relaxation at all. Would definitely recommend to friends (but only after we had chosen our weeks!).
We have just returned from a fantastic week in Portugal. It was our first visit and will not be our last. The apartment was absolutely fantastic and you could not fault anything. The pool area was spotless and was never too busy. The restaurants and bars down in Cabanas were all great offering excellent food and all reasonably priced. A lot had free WiFi which was great ax we had our 13yr old son with us. We did not hire a car but arranged through the owners a private pick up to and from the airport which worked out great. Taxi down to Cabanas only cost 5€ which we thought was pretty reasonable too. Just can't fault anything about this holiday other than we wished we had stayed for longer!
We spend 14 great days in Cabanas and surrounding areas. The accommondation ist high standard. The equipment, facilities and furnishing are complete and we missed nothing. A supermarket, money-maschine and post-office can be reached in few minutes by foot. The promenade with good restaurants at the water side are about two kilometers away. We had a rental car all the time and recommend this for a longer stay. The sandy beach is right for families with children in every age.
From the Owner
“We fell in love with the area on our first visit due to the location and lack of commercialism. We love the local cuisine at the local restaurants and cafes, the locals are all so friendly. Walking on the beach is amazing and equals many beaches we have visited all over the world! It is only 30-40 mins drive from Faro and very central for Golf courses and the beach.”
Activity and Interests
The local Cabanas beach is only a gentle 800m approx 15 minute walk. It forms part of the Ria Formosa and has miles of unspoiled sandy beach.
Nearest airport is Faro and is approx 30 mins drive. Several hire car companies are present or we can arrange a taxi collection service for approx 40 euros. For further details please contact owner or website for detailed flights/airports/train travel.
Spain is approx 25 minutes drive. There are several cafes restaurants and bars in Cabanas. The nearest supermarket is less than 200 metres. Tavira only 5 mins drive is an historic town on the river full of beautiful churches, places of interest, wonderful restaurants and shops. For further details please contact owner or website for walks and activities.
For further details please contact owner or website (details on request).
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Nov 2016 - 31 Mar 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
1 Apr 2017 - 30 Jun 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
High Season 2016
1 Jul 2017 - 31 Aug 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
For further information and to book please contact Michael & Karen Chalmers.
The cheapest flights from the UK appear to be Tuesday to Tuesday so our weeks are booked on this basis. However we are happy to discuss your requirements for other departure dates.
£150.00 deposit on booking and balance 8 weeks prior to departure.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The minute we arrive we feel like we are at home, as many of our guests have also commented. We pride ourselves on our luxury beds and linen and providing little extras to make your holiday more enjoyable. Every guest has told us what a fantastic holiday they have had and we get many repeat bookings.”
- Air Conditioning
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- horse riding
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- laundrette - serviced
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- equestrian events
- pier fishing
- bay fishing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Ensuite 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bedroom 1 has en-suite with shower, WC, bidet and basin. Bedroom 2 leads to separate bathroom with shower over bath, WC, bidet and basin. Large mirrors in both.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1 - 2 Single Bed, 2 beds sit together to form 6' double or two singles
- Bedroom 2 - 2 Single Bed, 2 beds sit together to form 6' double or two singles
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: There are two good size bedrooms with high quality fittings, both have fitted wardrobes, dressing table, mirror, hairdryer, large quality beds with Egyptian cotton sheets and each have a balcony.
- Balcony ...
- Boat ...
- Golf ...
- Tennis ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Our English speaking representative will be at hand on arrival to explain all the facilities and they are also contactable for emergencies. The apartment has reverse cycle air-conditioning for your comfort throughout the year. Private shutters and video entry system provide privacy and a safe is provided for storing personal belongings. This luxury apartment is not ideally suitable for toddlers or children under 10 (please call to discuss). Ideally situated and suited for golfers, easily accessible long golden beaches where you can find a secluded spot for sun lovers; and perfect for exploring and enjoying the nature and wildlife of the Ria Formosa (area of natural beauty). Only 30 minutes from the Spanish border. Linen and towels are changed weekly or more often if requested at additional cost. Greeting pack is available which provides tea, coffee, milk, sugar, bread, eggs, bottled water & toilet paper. Full grocery provision available on request. Outside: The pool has a large surrounding area, paved and grassed with locked gates accessible only by the guests. There are showers and toilets at one end beneath the pool. We provide sun loungers for our guests personal use. Utility Room: Separate to kitchen contains washing machine and clothes line. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Egyptian cotton bed linen, anti-allergy pillows and duvets and towels are provided. Cleaning and changes are weekly. Additional cleaning available on request. Guests are kindly requested to bring beach towels. Other: Table and chairs on both balconies. Flooring is tiled throughout with rugs provided in bedrooms and lounge. We can arrange taxi collection to and from airport. An English speaking representative on arrival to provide keys and instruction on facilities.