Gite in Loubes Bernac, Nr Duras, Lot et Garonne, Aquitaine - Picturesque Location with 360 Degree Views
This recently refurbished property has been updated and furnished to the highest standards. Standing in grounds of almost an acre there is plenty of space for children to play or grown ups to find a quiet corner in which to relax. Surrounded by open fields and vineyards in the midst of rural France yet being situated on the borders of the Lot et Garone, Dordogne and Gironde departments make this property easily accessible and never far from one of the beautiful bastide towns in the area. In the summertime you will never be far from a bustling market, village or town fete, evening markets or event of one kind or another. Whether you want to play golf at one of the best courses in France, cycle through country lanes, canoe along the river or travel by hot air balloon over the vineyards there is always a wealth of activities in which to indulge yourself.
About the Owner
Dirk and I came to France in 2007 and renovated the house to make a beautiful home. For several years we have operated a gite and chambres d'hotes business and met some wonderful people from all over the world.
Not being of retiring age, the corporate world has called us back and we are now in the Middle East, at least for the time being. We love Pre de l'Aubier and the surrounding area and as we would not want it to stand empty we hope you will enjoy the house as much as we do, I am sure you will see it has been a labour of love and the ideal place to spend a wekk or two enjoying the delights of the region.
Guestbook comments from the owner
Beautiful home, exceeded our expectations!
Wonderful holiday, first time to France - we will be back!
A little piece of luxury in this rural idyll we will highly recommend you.
We just knew we would find champagne glasses...
Activity and Interests
The beach at Arcachon can be reached in just over an hour and a half by car and is well worth the trip. The Dune du Pilat is a 'must see' if you are going to the coast.
You will be surrounded by the vines of Bordeaux, Duras and Bergerac. There are so many available to taste everywhere you go. Lunches and dinners can be arranged in a local vineyard or take an organised tour and don't worry who will be the designated driver.
Bergerac airport is 25 minutes drive away.
Bordeaux airport is an hour and a quarter.
The channel ports are 9 hours drive away, but on easy uncongested roads.
If you are driving from Paris you would still need to allow 6 or 7 hours.
You really need a car for any holiday in this region.
Loubes Bernac, 4km.
Ste Foy la Grande, 14km.
St Emillion, 40km (world heritage site).
On arrival you will find a welcome pack with wine, soft drinks, tea, coffee, milk, butter, eggs, cheeses, fresh fruit, bread and croissants which will get your holiday off to a good start.
We also offer an Honesty bar with 12 bottles of wine, which we ask you just to top-up as you leave.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
90 night minimum stay
for 90 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£209|
We prefer payment in Euros, but will accept UK £ Sterling or USD.
Arrivals on a Saturday after 4pm and departure Saturday 10am.
Notes on prices:
The house can accommodate up to 10 adults plus there is a travel cot suitable for an infant only up to 3 years of age. Parties of more than 10 will not be allowed.
A 25% deposit is required on booking, to reserve your holiday dates. The balance is required 8 weeks before the start of your holiday. Full terms of business will be provided on reservation.
- Available arrival
- Away From It All
- Farm Holidays
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Music Library
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- winery tours
- bird watching
- horse riding
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- mountain biking
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 4 - Shower Enclosure
- Bedroom 1 has a large en suite bathroom with both a bath and a shower. Other bedrooms have en suite shower rooms. Hairdryers are provided in each bathroom.
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 10 (5 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 2 & 3 have zip and link beds offering super king size or twin beds. Bedroom 4 is on the ground floor with a king size bed. Bedroom 5 has a king-size bed. All have en-suite bath or shower rooms. A cot can be provided for a child upto 3 years.
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: The property is fully centrally heated for use in the winter months and Pre de l'Aubier also has a wood burning stove in each of the sitting rooms for the winter months or cooler evenings. Surrounded by open fields and standing in grounds of nearly an acre, there is plenty of space for children to enjoy themselves in a safe environment. We are situated 4km from the village of Loubes Bernac where you will find a grocery shop. There are several excellent restaurants in the area, one within walking distance. Described by one of our guests as probably the 'Best meal he has ever had'! Outside: The gardens surrounding the property offer nearly an acre of open space, part of which is enclosed by fencing. There is a terrace with both dining table for atleast 8 and further seating and a charcoal barbecue. The large pool 10m x 5m has Roman steps and new for 2015 season a heat retaining cover, so swimming in the morning should be just as pleasant as swimming after the sun has been shining on the water all day. You will find plenty of sun loungers and other outside furniture, should you just wish to find a shady corner to relax with a good book. Utility Room: In the boiler room you will find a washer and a dryer should it be required. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All towels including pool towels are provided. For stays of more than one week cleaning of bathrooms and bed linen and towels will be changed on Saturdays. A house keeper will be on hand should she be required. Other: The dining room provides a large table with seating for 8/10 and opens out on to the terrace, also providing a further table for dining and a seating area.