Villa in Taormina, Sicily - At 150 metres from the Cable Car that in minutes takes you down to the Finest Beaches
A charming 19th century villa, stylishly furnished with antique Sicilian furniture and ideally located at 50 metres from Corso Umberto, Taormina’s heart and historical centre, with its intriguing network of narrow streets, medieval buildings, charming churches, elegant shops, bars and restaurants. You can reach some of Taormina’s finest beaches via a panoramic cable car (the journey takes a couple of minutes) located 150 metres away from the property.
About the Owner
Activity and Interests
You can reach some of Taormina’s finest beaches (2.5km) via a panoramic cable car (the journey takes a couple of minutes) located 150 metres away from the property. Choose from Mazzaro, Spisone, and gorgeous Isola Bella bay for idyllic hours catching the rays, trying out water sports or enjoying the many local boat excursions.
The nearest and most convenient airport to Taormina is Catania Airport (about 60 km, 45 mins drive). Other options include flying to Palermo (3 hours drive), Trapani (4 hours drive) or Reggio Calabria (30mins crossing time to Messina plus 30mins drive).
The villa is 50m away from Corso Umberto, the earth of the old town of Taormina.
The town centre is home to a large number of buildings and relics of historical interest from the Greek and Roman periods, including the stunning Greco-Roman amphitheatre (10 minutes walk away from the villa, photo at right), which is also the venue for the famous Taormina Art Festival in the summer, with its fantastic programme of international music, theatre, art, opera, dance and movies. Within easy reach of Taormina is Mount Etna volcano (30 mins drive) for a cool day immersed in nature (including the stunning golf course Il Picciolo with spectacular and scenic views for all 18 holes, set among among oaks, hazels and vineyards), the medieval village of Castelmola (10 mins) with its narrow streets and breathtaking views, Alcantara valley with its magnificent gorges (15 mins), and Catania (40 mins) with its elegant shops and historical buildings and monuments.
- Booking Notes:
To secure your booking, a 25% deposit is required. Full balance due no less than 4 weeks before arrival date. Payment by bank transfer or credit card. Refundable security deposit of 500 euros required with full balance, to be returned within 2 weeks of your departure (subject to satisfactory property inspection).
Notes on prices:
Prices are for weekly villa rental (minimum stay is 1 week). The rates are for occupancy of up to 7 people. A 10% discount is offered for 2 people occupancy. The rates are all inclusive of utilities (water, electricity and gas), final cleaning, bedlinen and towels. Pricing for other options such as maid/cooking service is available on request.
- Available arrival
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 4 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 5 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 6 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Ground floor: 1 guest bathroom First floor: 3 bathrooms (1 with jacuzzi, 1 with tub, 1 with shower). Second floor: 2 bathrooms (1 with shower, 1 guest).
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (5 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: First floor: 3 bedrooms (1 double with queen-size bed, 2 singles with French beds). Second floor: 2 bedrooms (1 double with queen-size beds, 1 with twin beds).
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: The house is on three levels. The ground floor is given over to a large living cum dining area with two distinct but essentially open-plan areas, one with an open fireplace, television and stylish sofas, one with a dining table, sitting area and direct access to the garden. Off this living area is a fully equipped kitchen with dining table and access to the garden. Up a staircase to the first floor, where there is the master bedroom with queen size bed and adjoining bathroom with Jacuzzi bath, two single bedrooms with French bed and en-suite bathrooms (one with tub, one with shower), and a stylish living room with two balconies. Going up to the second floor, there is a double bedroom with queen size bed and en-suite bathroom (with shower), a twin bedroom, a living area and a guest bathroom. All bedrooms have air-conditioning. Outside: The villa has its own private garden, filled with beautiful Mediterranean plants and flowers, ideal for those seeking privacy and relaxation while being so close to the city centre. The garden is equipped with beautiful wrought-iron furniture and a barbecue, making it perfect for al fresco dining or sunlit brunch spots. There is also a spacious roof terrace with sun all day long, shaded sofa seating and a spectacular view of the old town and the coast. Utility Room: Washing machine, iron, ironing board. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen included. Maid/cooking service on request. Other: All the rooms are very elegant and charming and furnished with precious furniture. all the rooms have wifi connection