Villa in Faugeres, Nr Pezenas, Herault, Languedoc - Outstanding Views To The Distant Pyrenees Over Vineyards
Spacious, high quality villa with uninterrupted and outstanding views to the distant Pyrenees over vineyards dating back to Roman times. Set in grounds that receive full sun all day, the property has a private pool and extensive gardens with a wide range of fruit trees. The pool has secure fencing around it making it ideal for families with children. There are two areas for outdoor dining, both are south facing with beautiful views; helpfully, one is fully shaded. The villa is an ideal base for walking, bird watching, canoeing, castle walks, historical towns (e.g. Pezenas) and is still only 35minutes to the coast. The villa comfortably sleeps 8 adults and 2 children (bunk bedroom) and can extend to sleep 10 by converting one of the sitting rooms. It is very well equipped and with a large dining kitchen, large lounge and a further sitting room. Wifi internet access is provided. There is easily space for 2 families. Children’s play area and BBQ add to the outside attractions.
About the Owner
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
The area is excellent for birdwatchers in summer but even more so in migration season. The owners can facilitate access to experienced birders to advise on species sighted and the best times to visit.
A wine tour business operates out of the village and we are able to facilitate access to the full and half day tours. The local Vigneron also provides talks on Faugeres wines.
The nearest beach is at Serignan (35 mins drive) but the livelier beaches for adult and children’s entertainment are Cap D’Agde and Valras Plage and these are approx. 45 minutes drive.
There are 5 airports that are serviced by either RyanAir or EasyJet within reach of the villa.
Beziers 25min; Montpellier 1hr; Carcassonne 1hr 15min; Perpignan 1hr 30min; Nimes 1hr 30min; Girona [Spain] 2hr 20min
British Airways fly into Toulouse 3hrs
The TGV from Paris (Gare de Lyon) goes direct to Beziers.
Country and spectacular hill walking is literally on the doorstep, no need to drive. But a guidebook of walks lists 10+ recommended walks in the Languedoc within 30 mins drive of the house. The most significant area of Cathar castles in the South of France can be found 90 minutes west. The historic town of Pezenas is 20 mins drive and has large Saturday market. The nearest supermarket is 10 minutes drive in Bedarieux along with banks and pharmacies. There is a local bar restaurant 10 mins walk.
The cities of Narbonne and Beziers are within 25 and 40 minutes drive; Montpellier, Perpignan and Carcassonne are all about an hour. All are excellent for shopping as well as enjoying the culture and history of the region.
Safe beaches, historic chateaux, abbeys, the mountains of the Haut Languedoc National Park with its picturesque gorges, natural rock pools, river swimming and canoeing, are all within 40 minutes, or much less, from your front door.
The Spanish border is about a 90 minutes drive, while in winter inexpensive Pyrenées skiing is available in a little over 2 hours drive – making it possible for a day trip.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£250|
Payments: 25% deposit is payable on booking. The balance, a rental agreement and a £250 security deposit are due 8 weeks prior to arrival. The deposit will be refunded within a week of your departure if there is no damage to the property.
Saturday is the preferred changeover day but in off peak periods this is more flexible. Check-in is after 4pm and check-out is at 10am.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in UK Pounds.
Prices can be offered on request for long weekends. Prices include heating and wood for open fire. Discounts for long winter lets (maximum of 4 weeks) are available on request.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library ...
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Shared family bathroom, for the upper floor. Bath, shower attachment and basin – separate WC. Shared walk-in shower room for the lower floor. Power shower and basin – separate WC.
- 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Bedroom 6
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 12 (6 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1, twin beds (downstairs). Bedroom 2, double bed (downstairs). Bedroom 3/sitting room, double sofabed (downstairs). Bedroom 4, bunk beds (upstairs). Bedroom 5, double bed (upstairs). Bedroom 6, double bed (upstairs).
- Terrace ...
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: There is off-road parking available for 2 cars and on-road for several more. The property itself is walled and fenced with the pool area being fully fenced with the additional security of a lock down cover. This helps to make it a relaxing location for families with children. The house is designed for the interior to stay cool during the summer months but there are additional ceiling fans in 3 bedrooms. Outside: Pool: the pool is 8 x 4m plus Roman steps and terraced area to accommodate 6 loungers and other chairs. Terraces: upper and lower terraces both with views. The lower is shaded and the upper in full sun. Garden: extensive gardens with a lawn, a cultivated vegetable garden that guests may make use of, a nature garden with mature trees and wildflowers and gravel paths with herbs and shrubs. Play area: there is a children’s play area with double swing and rope ladder adjacent to the house. There is also a tree swing in the nature garden of the house. BBQ: large stone solid BBQ that can cater for 8/10 adults. Parking: Off road parking for two cars. Birds, many rare (in the UK) and beautiful birds have been spotted from the gardens and close to the property. A long list is available on request. Stars: at night the upper terrace is an outstanding location for star and shooting star spotting. Utility Room: Washing machine, ironing board, iron. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen are included. Pool towels can be provided at additional cost. The property is cleaned on changeover day, extra cleaning is available at additional cost. The house should be left in good order. Other: Lower level sitting room (or bedroom) with sofa bed, TV & DVD player and CD player. The lower terrace (shaded) acts like a room in summer as the most time is spent there.