House in Grimaud, St Tropez, Provence, France - Tranquil Location 3 Minutes From Grimaud
La Mente Premiere is in a spectacular setting, overlooking vineyards and woods. This old house was completely rebuilt a few years ago and refurbished in 2009 to a high standard. All mod cons in a traditional setting. Sleeps 8 in 4 en-suite bedrooms. Large non-chlorine pool with hard cover and comfy sunbeds. All furnishings and equipment are continually updated..
About the Owner
I live on a small farm on the edge of the Cotswolds, so it was important for us to find a house that was quiet and fairly rural without being a million miles from the coast. At least twice a year I decamp to our house in France for a couple of months. In between I fly down for a few days. I absolutely love the warmth and the tranquility of the place. We entertain a huge amount and the house is usually full of friends or my children and the grandchildren which range from less than a year to 12 years old. I used to be a decorator so have enjoyed doing the house up and fully equipping the kitchen, as I do a lot of cooking there.
Guestbook comments from the manager
We really enjoy our stay in your beautiful house. We really enjoyed the swimming pool, the calm, the bathrooms. Beds were extremely comfortable. Your house is very nice and full of charm.
We loved your house so much we'd absolutely love to come back next year Everything just worked so well, we loved being close to the sea but also hidden away in the hills, we had fun at markets, gawped at the superyachts and ate outside for every meal. A far as feedback goes, there is none - we found the house had everything we needed, down to scales to make a cake. .
We had a lovely time at La Mente - you have done an amazing job there. The pool was the nicest we have ever swum in and I thought the garden was absolutely fantastic.
I can't tell you how much we all enjoyed the stay. I guess I don't need to - you already know how special that place is. It was so much fun to explore the villages nearby - Garde Frienet, Grimaud, Port Grimaud . Amelie and Olivier were so helpful with us.
From the Owner
“We looked for a house inland for over 6 years. We particularly wanted a peaceful country location with a good view. Many of the houses we saw were modern with very small bedrooms and very little character. Some were too near a road and some without a view. Very often bathrooms were also a problem as we like baths as well as showers. We really thought we would never find exactly what we wanted until we happened upon La Mente Premiere which ticked almost every box. We can be on a boat in Port Grimaud within 20 mins yet we feel far from the traffic of the coast. We have made this house our second home and we love it.”
Activity and Interests
Nearest large beach is at Port Grimaud (4 miles). The St Tropez beaches can be reached without going along the coast road in about 20 minutes driving. We have good contacts for renting boats.
Toulon Airport 1 hour. Nice Airport 1.40 hours. A car is essential for this property. Les Arcs (TGV) Station 50 mins.
Grimaud 1.1 miles. La Garde Freinet 4 miles. St Tropez 10 miles.
Local shops in both Grimaud and La Garde Freinet.
Huge supermarkets within 15 mins drive.
Masses of restaurants all around.
Mountain bicycles can be hired locally and horse riding, tennis arranged nearby.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£350|
A 30% non returnable booking fee secures the dates. The balance to be paid 8 weeks prior to arrival. Cancellation after 8 weeks forfeits the balance. An additional £350 returnable deposit is required against breakages, telephone etc.
Saturday, normally leave by 10am and arrive after 4pm.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in UK pounds.
From the Owner
“This house has character and a great feel to it. Quite a few of our renters have said that they enjoyed the atmosphere here so much that they spent most of the time here by the pool just relaxing. We have a house manager who is available to help with any potential problems and is very helpful with local advice. I think that being greeted and shown round rather than letting yourself in really does make a difference.”
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- pets considered
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- En-suite bathrooms with bath and shower in rooms 1 and 4. En-suite bathroom with bath in bedroom 3. En-suite shower and separate wc in bedroom 4. All very nicely done with old tiles in keeping with the building.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 (ground floor) double bed. Bedrooms 2-4 single beds made up as large doubles. All bedrooms have air-conditioning.
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Air-conditioning is available in the bedrooms, but generally the thick old walls keep the house cool. The house is suitable for children, the upper house lawn is gated and the pool has a hard cover. Completely safe for them to roam around the several hectares of the property. Outside: Tables and chairs outside the house shaded by an umbrella or under the mulberry trees. A large gas barbeque. There is also a courtyard next to the sitting room with an iron table and chairs for 8 - an attractive outside dining room. Gated steps lead down to the swimming pool on the lower lawn. 11 x 5.5m swimming pool with hard cover. Natural coloured mosaic the colour of sand makes the non chlorine water a lovely colour. There is a shaded area next to it with a large drinks fridge. Teak sun loungers and chairs. There is a wc nearby and there is an open air shower by the pool. Below the gardens there is an olive grove and a wooded area above the house. Utility Room: The utility room is a large open sided barn with washing machine and a dryer. Ironing and under cover washing lines. Also a large overflow fridge. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen are included and changed once a week. Swimming towels are not. The house will be cleaned once a week. Garden and pool are maintained once a week. Extra cleaning and baby sitting may be arranged. Other: All the downstairs rooms lead onto the lawn in front which is shaded by mulberry trees.