House in Aigues Mortes, Languedoc-Roussillon, France - Located in a Stunning, Peaceful Location, Boat and Bicycle Hire Available Locally
Maison du Paradis is located in a private marina within easy walking distance of the historic medieval town of Aigues Mortes. Individually designed, this distinctive property has its own mooring for either your own boat, or one that you can rent locally (details available). Nearby is the charming fishing port of Le Grau de Roi which can be reach by canal or road. Excellent restaurants and shops can be found within the crenulated walls of Aigues Mortes. There are superb sandy beaches, golf courses and tennis facilities nearby or if you just prefer to relax at home the facilities are second to none, with a outside eating terrace overlooking the canal and swimming pool. A holiday to suit many tastes.
Top Traveller Review
Impressive accommodation in a great location
Our compliments with the champagne and flowers as, Knowing it was a holiday for a special occasion, we wanted you to start in style!!
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
July 2010 - Mr and Mrs Harmer - Beautiful house, a real home from home, children said it is the best holiday they have had, very impressed by the area.
August 2010 - Mr and Mrs Brattinga - Beautiful villa, nicely situated, beautiful views.
August 2010 - Mr and Mrs Lunt - House, setting and Town lovely, lots of outside seating where we spent most of our time, lovely time, thank you.
August 2013 - Mr Sargeant and family - The house and surrounding magnificent, lovely pool, Pierre the house manager is charming and very helpful, our daughter loved playing the piano.
August 2013 - Mr and Mrs Brunt - The villa was perfect and had everything we needed and more, especially the beautiful view. We hope to be back very soon.
5 based on 3 holidaymaker reviews
Impressive accommodation in a great location
The owner had left a cooling bottle of Champagne in the fridge and a bouquet of flowers. There are 5 ensuite rooms, though one downstairs is more an office than a bedroom, with a single bed. Good quality bathrooms, an excellent patio with shade throughout the day, a good sized clean pool. Bed 1 has a large balcony with the excellent views of the marina. The excellent restaurants in the walled city are just 15 minutes walk away, as is an Intermarche and Super U (the better of the 2), Aldi is less than 10 minutes walk. We hired a boat from the marina office, it was moored right next to the property. The only issue was intermittent wi fi as we wanted to keep up to date with the Olympics.
super villa in a quiet marina (easy walk to town)
This is a spacious and elegant villa in a prime (gated) spot on the luxury marina just outside of Aigues Mortes. It's clearly a loved home, evidenced by a well-stocked kitchen, lovely bed linen, fantastic en-suites (with good lighting for make-up, hoorah!) and a light and airy open plan living area. The location is super, an exact 1 mile walk from the town on flat and lit paths. The local housekeeper is friendly and speaks great English should you need help or recommendations.
We loved our holiday in this beautiful region of France. The villa was perfect with a lovely pool and terrace, beautifully furnished and decorated throughout. No attention to detail had been spared and it truly was a home from home. Highly recommended!
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
7, rue du Vidourle - 30220 AIGUES-MORTES - 06 67 44 78 16. Bike rental, bicycle and mountain : ½ day / 7€ - 1 day / 10€ - 1 week / 45€. Boat rental without certification : 1h/ 35€ - 1h30/ 50€ - 2h/ 60€ - ½ day / 100€ - 1 day 130€. Boat rental with certification : 2h/70€ - ½ day / 120€ - 1 day 150€.
There are a variety of beaches and coastal villages within the Camargue National Park, although extensive tourist facilities can be found at Gran du Rois, Sete and Agde.
Montpellier airport is a 20min taxi drive away.
Avignon airport is approx 1 hour drive.
Marseilles airport is approx 2 hour drive, this is the largest airport with excellent links to many other countries.
It is approx a 6 - 7 hour drive from Le Havre or Caen Ferry port.
Trains run into Montpellier from Waterloo (1 - 2 changes) and there is a regular bus service from Montpellier to Aigues Mortes.
Car hire would be recommended. Aigue Mortes is within walking distance, approx 10 minutes.
10 mins walk to Aigue Mortes where there are numerous, excellent restaurants, boutiques and bars. Supermarket 100 metres, does not sell bakery, large supermarket close drive by.
Montpellier, Avignon, Nimes, Marseille are within easy reach and are all nearby. There are art galleries, wild life parks, many days of festivals either in Aigues Mortes or nearby towns. You can eat wonderful seafood caught locally from the Mediterranean. Explore the medieval towns of Aigues Mortes or Avignon or stroll through the coastal towns of Set, Camargue, Arle or Agde. Not to forget there are also some truly excellent regional wines to sample.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
A 25% deposit is required at the time of booking and the balance is due 6 weeks before arrival. The house is non-smoking.
Saturday changeover. Arrivals at 10.00am departures 2.30pm.
25% deposit remainder 6 weeks before travel
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- bird watching
- sight seeing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Toilet 2 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 4 - Shower Enclosure
- Master bedroom with en-suite bath/shower. 2nd, 3rd and 4th bedrooms with en-suite showers. Ground floor - wc and wash basin. First floor - wc and wash basin.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: First floor master bedroom with patio doors to sun terrace overlooking pool, garden, canal & ducks. 2nd bed 2 single beds 3rd bed 1 double bed Ground floor 4th bed 2 singles beds Extra single bed in study alcove on ground floor All have ensuite
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The property has full air-conditioning and the doors are electrically locked. Outside: The house has a lawn which leads to a pool (4m x 9m) and patio area, which lends itself to sun throughout the day. The sauna sits back off the lawn in its own housing. There are fruit trees and a separate patio area for capturing the evening sun. All overlooking the idyllic, relaxing sites of the canal. Utility Room: Situated just off kitchen with a washing machine and tumble drier. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Cleaning at end of stay. Linen, towels and beach towels included. Washing machine and tumble dryer provided. Other: Study with broadband connection, printer/copier, chaise lounge and piano with a double stool and patio doors leading to terrace. Alcove with large single bed and ensuite.