Farmhouse in Perigord Vert - Rural, 2km From Village Of Bertric Buree.
The Farmhouse is in the countryside near the village of Bertric Buree in the Perigord Vert, with its rolling hills, fields of sunflowers and slower pace of life. It has the advantage of being closer to the channel ports than the more crowded Bergerac area. Whether you just wish to relax or be more energetic there is much to do for all ages. Lazy days canoeing on the local rivers with dragonflies landing on your canoe, picnics on the riverbanks, swimming in the rivers, local swimming pools or lakes, trying the local wines or more serious studies of the wine chateaux of Bordeaux and Bergerac. Cycling and walking, riding, golf and much more; from medieval towns, Romanesque churches, to the annual snail festival in the village. Numerous restaurants to try, fresh produce from the local markets for your BBQ and warm nights to count the shooting stars.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the manager
Fantastic holiday, fantastic house, great hosts, we feel thoroughly relaxed. Thank you for a magical time.
4.3 based on 3 holidaymaker reviews
Wonderful rural location, plenty to do within a short drive, or a great courtyard and garden to relax in. The lake at La Jemaye has good facilities for swimming. Interesting local markets particularly at Riberac on Friday morning. Aubeterre is worth a visit as it so pretty. Friendly helpful owners. Altogether a great place for a holiday.
We love the location surrounded by beautiful countryside. The house is well equipped with large bedrooms, and a huge garden means there is plenty of space for outdoor games as well as al fresco dining. The weekly Friday market in Riberac should not be missed, nor should a visit to Brântome or Grotte de Villars. There are plenty of places to swim and canoe locally as well as pretty villages to visit. Lovely helpful owners. We are sure to return.
Dordogne holiday 2013
Lovely spacious farmhouse and barn. A great find in a rural location with lots of places to visit. Owners very helpful and both properties have all the facilities you need. Rivers and lakes to swim at, markets with fantastic food and lots of sunshine, we all had a very enjoyable holiday.
Activity and Interests
We are about 2 hours drive from the great surfing beaches west of Bordeaux. Lac Le Jamaye is a large lake south of Riberac with safe bathing for all ages, canoes and pedalos for hire. It has cafes, a restaurant and children’s play area set in pine forests and is free. Riberac swimming pool, recently modernised, is excellent and there is a good public pool in Verteillac.
Nearest airport is Bergerac I hour, and within 2 hours or less are Limoges, Poitiers and Bordeaux. Channel ports: Calais 500 miles, St Malo 300 miles, Roscoff 400 miles. TGV Paris to Angouleme 2 hours. A car is necessary to explore the region.
2km from the village of Bertric Buree, which has a boulangerie and restaurant (recently re-opened) The market town of Riberac is 7km, with its popular Friday market, shops, banks, supermarkets and restaurants and big pool and river canoeing. Verteillac village is 5km with shops (Merlauds sells almost everything!), restaurants, pool, art galleries and riding nearby. Aubeterre, 40 minutes, is one of the prettiest French villages with its monolithic church and river swimming.
Bourdeilles and Brantome are medieval towns on the river Dronne and well worth visiting for their museums, rivers & scenic beauty. Nearby are the prehistoric caves Grottes de Villars which are less crowded than the more famous Lascaux. The nearby city of Perigueux has a medieval centre, recently restored, interesting shops and a mime festival in the summer. Bergerac and Bordeaux have old city centres and are a gateway to the variety of famous vineyards of the area and St Emilion of course.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Jul 2016 - 3 Sep 2016
14 night minimum stay
for 14 nights
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£150|
Due to the new system I cannot show the rates for the House and Barn rented together. The rent for the House and Barn together (sleeping 12 ) is early September to early July is £575 per week; early July to early September £725 per week. These are NOT let to different people, only your party.
The House only rate (sleeping 6) is early September to early July £300 per week, earlyJuly to early September £380 per week.
Frequent visit discounts could be considered, Shorter lets and different changeover days can be arranged with the owner
A 50% deposit is required at the time of booking with the balance paid 2 months before arrival. Payment by bank transfer, UK cheque or if in Euros at the current rate of exchange and client paying any bank charges incurred. A separate security/breakages deposit of £150 is also required at the time of booking. If on your departure more than reasonable cleaning is required an extra hourly rate will be deducted from your security deposit; currently €20 per hour. An extra charge of £2 a day is charged for logs in the cooler months.
If you travel with Brittany Ferries I can get you a 10% discount; please contact me for details.
Changeover day is normally Saturday but mid week can arranged. Departure by 10am and arrival not before 4pm.
It would be appreciated if you would leave the property as you would like to find it.
- Available arrival
- Away From It All
- Hair Dryer
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine ...
- Wood Stove ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Games ...
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Television ...
- children welcome
- pets not allowed
- smoking allowed ...
- wheelchair inaccessible
- bird watching
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- freshwater fishing
- mountain biking
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Large en-suite bathroom off the master bedroom with bath, WC and bidet. Downstairs is a second bathroom with shower, WC, basin and bidet. The Barn bathroom has a shower, basin, and a separate WC.
- 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Double Bed, 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2 - 2 Single Bed
- Bedroom 3 - 1 Double Bed, 1 Child Bed
- Bedroom 4 - 1 Double Bed, 1 Cot
- Bedroom 5 - 2 Single Bed
- Bedroom 6 - 2 Single Bed
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 and 6 (6 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: The Farmhouse has a large master bedroom with double bed. Spacious Bedroom 2 has twin beds and the big downstairs bedroom has a double bed plus a single bed. The Barn has a big main bedroom with double bed and the two smaller bedrooms have twin beds. 2 travel cots are available on request.
- Terrace ...
- Golf ...
- Kayak / Canoe ...
- Garden ...
- Tennis ...
- Notes on accommodation: The bedrooms are spacious & airy. The sitting rooms have plenty of room for families & the courtyard has ample space for 12 to dine together. The courtyard gates can be shut providing a safe area for small children & the garden is large, for sunbathing, games and children to run around. There is internet access from May until October. Outside: The Farmhouse and Barn open onto a large courtyard which has a lovely old well and patio area for alfresco eating and barbecues, with garden furniture and umbrellas. The big garden has lots of space for children to play, parking for several cars, lawns and mature trees. Utility Room: There is a washing machine in the Farmhouse and also in the Barn. Cleaning / Towels / Linen: Linen and bathroom towels are provided. Please bring your own swimming towels. 2 travel cots and cot linen are available, also 2 high chairs if required. Other: Garage contains garden furniture, BBQ, log store, electricity meters and gas bottles.