Garden Apartment in Calle Alba, Fornalutx, Mallorca - Tranquil Location in Calle Alba, one of the Oldest Streets in the Ancient Village of Fornalutx
Calle Alba runs from the ancient wash place below the town hall towards the post office. It marks the lower boundary of Fornalutx. The street is made up of large elegant old houses, their gardens and orchards sweep uninterrupted down to the river. Two of these buildings have been converted into charming little hotels, ‘Can Reus’ and ‘Petit Hotel’. Only a minutes walk from the square, this is a very quiet and tranquil street with no traffic and orchards behind. The Sótano entrance is in the side street, opposite the old wash place. Entering down a few steps you are astonished to find a magnificent 45sq.m, open plan main living space. French windows, leading onto a private patio, garden and shared pool, cast a wonderful light throughout. There is a fully equipped modern kitchen, complimenting the ancient hand cut stone. And finally a wood burning fireplace for romantic winter sojourns. Leading off this main room is a large 25 sq.m double bedroom with en-suite bathroom.
Top Traveller Review
Our Little Shangri-La!
About the Owner
I first discovered the Soller Valley in 1965. Bought my first house in Fornalutx in 1970. After 35 years as a film director working mainly in Los Angeles - although I am British - and spending as much time here whenever not in production I finally decided to retire to this most beautiful Shangri-La. I lost my husband and soul mate 2 years ago, moved from a finca in the mountains to a wonderful house in the village. I bought the house next door which had been a carpenters shop with an olive oil celler below, which I have converted into this charming apartment. I occupy my time writing, out on the sea in my boat, gardening and with my 3 cats and Parrot. I enjoy having people staying in the apartment although I do like to maintain my privacy.
1 holidaymaker review
Our Little Shangri-La!
We arrived at Fornalutx with no preconceived ideas of what to expect as This was our first visit to Mallorca. What we found in Sotano was a little paradise amongst the orange and lemon groves. The heady scents from the abundant trees and plants in the garden will be a lingering memory. The apartment was charming and full of character; it provided a quiet place for us to retreat to after a day of sightseeing. Gabrielle, the owner of the property was helpful and informative, providing excellent recommendations for our daily excursions. The surrounding area is beautiful and the medieval town possessed all the facilities required for a relaxing stay.
From the Owner
“I had been living in a farm up the mountain but after my husband passed away I wanted to be within the village near to the bars, and shops but in a quiet part of the village with a large garden and views. I was lucky enough to find this magnificent senorial house which I completely renovated. The property next door was also for sale and I realised it was a great investment as a rental property. This apartment was originally the cellars to the main house, I put in windows made a patio in the garden and a separate entrance from the street. The apartment above had been a coaching house to my house and latterly a carpenters workshop. It has been converted into a 2 bedroom loft apartment.”
Activity and Interests
The charming Port Soller, and its beaches are a 10 minute drive from the village. There is a local bus service between Fornalutx, Soller and Port Soller. Also a delightful tram that runs from the centre of Soller to the port. For further information click on About Fornalutx and Soller. There are tennis courts and a full sized Olympic swimming pool 3km towards the port.
Car hire not necessary but recommended if you want to explore the island. There is a train service from Palma to Soller and a bus service.
Sóller is 2 kms from Fornalutx there is a bus service between Sóller, Fornalutx and the Port of Sóller. There is a local village taxi. The Port of Sóller is 6kms away. There is a tennis court in the village and a sports center 3kms away with an Olympic size swimming pool, tennis and paddle tennis courts.
The village of Fornalutx is well equipped with a terrific little supermarket selling everything. It is open 8am-8pm every day except Sundays when it opens from 8am-12 noon. There are also 3 bars, 7 restaurants, 3 boutiques 2 hairdressers and a pharmacy. There is internet connection via wireless broadband (Wi-Fi).
Sóller provides a regular train service/tram service bus service. There is a local taxi rank at the station in Sóller. For information on this historic valley click on About Fornalutx and Soller.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Nov 2016 - 28 Feb 2017
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£167|
Check in not before 3pm, checkout no later that 10am.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in euros.
4 weeks or longer in the winter 300 euros per week.
Please add 30 euros per week for the end cleaning and laundry charge.
£300 booking deposit the remainder in Euros cash on arrival
From the Owner
“A modern comfortable apartment with all amenities, in close proximity to the main square but being in a cul-de-sac and below the main part of the village very quiet. It overlooks a beautiful garden, orchards and the mountains.”
- Away From It All
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool ...
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- non smoking only
- not suitable for children
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair accessible
- near the sea
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- En-suite bathroom to bedroom 1 with shower, wc, washbasin. Separate wc/washbasin in pool area. Outside shower in pool area.
- 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 2
- Bedroom 1
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 2 (1 Bedroom) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with king size double bed.
- Boat ...
- Golf ...
- Tennis ...
- Notes on accommodation: This absolutely charming space has just been converted. All fittings, fixtures and appliances are new. The large living area is 45sq.m with large French doors leading onto a private patio. The bedroom and bathroom are 25sq.m. It is very cool in the summer and fans are provided. In the winter there is a wood burning stove and radiators in both rooms. Please note that the owner, living next door, has 3 Burmese cats, they are not allowed in the apartment but do go in the garden. If you are allergic or don't like cats don't book! Outside: The property consists of a large Senorial house where the owner, recently widowed, lives most of the year on her own, she is a film director and writer. The Sótano is the ground floor of the house next door but leads onto the beautiful large garden and orchard. There is a private patio leading off the Sótano living room with dining table and chairs, plus loungers There is also a raised terrace facing west to catch the evening rays. The pool, 8 x 4 meters is shared with the owner. Tenants are asked to sunbathe in their own patio or the sunset terrace but may swim in the pool at any time. There is also a shower and separate wc in the pool area. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All towels and linen provided, weekly cleaning and linen change. Fresh linen available for more frequent change by tenants.