Villa in La Xara, Nr. Denia, Costa Blanca, Spain - Peaceful Location, Set in Orange Groves
'El Camichin' is a 250 year old finca which has been recently completely restored, providing a lovely holiday home whilst retaining all its charm. The house has been fully modernised to a very high standard throughout. It is set in it's own grounds surrounded by rural land with orange groves with fantastic views all round. The walled perimeter gives the house and pool area a high degree of privacy. Despite its rural location, amenities are close at hand with the nearest village only 3 minutes drive away.
About the Owner
I live with my husband & 3 children in England but as a family we have been coming on holiday to Spain for many years and have fallen in love with the country, the people and the way of life.
At present we both work but try to enjoy the house as much as we can.
Guestbook comments from the owner
"I just wanted to say how much we enjoyed our stay at the Finca last week- it really is a beautiful house, the photos don't do it justice...it really was lovely with so many nice touches like the hammocks and the table tennis table" MC 08/09
"Thought I would let you know how much we enjoyed our holiday in La Xara. Your house is simply fantastic - even nicer than the photos had led us to expect. We'd love to return and I've already told my friends that we should come over as a group!" AF 07/11
From the Owner
“We love this area and have been looking for several years for the right property for us. In 2007 a unique opportunity arose to purchase this old finca and since we had family close by who could oversee and manage all the renovations, we took the plunge and bought El Camichin. We have not regretted the purchase and hope that other people who stay here will get as much pleasure as we do from the house and the surrounding area.”
Activity and Interests
It is only 8 minutes drive to the nearest sandy beach with its restaurants and bars. Denia town which is 15 minutes away there is a sandy town beach and further out Las Rotas with it's rocky bay and fish restaurants. 20 mins drive away is Javea with a family friendly beach at the Arenal. This sandy beach is lined with restaurants and shops, boasts a children's climbing frame and water-skiing, diving and pedalos are on offer here. The beach shelves very gently and is suitable for small children.
It is 1 hour's drive to both Alicante and Valencia airports. Denia town has a ferry port with daily ferries to Ibiza, Mallorca and Minorca. Car hire is recommended owing to the position of the house but it is possible to walk into La Xara in 15 minutes and the narrow gauge FGV Alicante to Denia train, which runs every hour or so, is a short walk down the road.
The house is about 3 minutes drive from the the village of La Xara which has several bars, restaurants, a bank, bakery and pharmacy; there is also a reasonable sized supermarket. 10 minutes drive takes you into the town of Denia with its medieval castle, tree lined central avenue and covered market. The market town and port of Javea is about 20 minutes drive away.
The villa faces south towards the luxury resort of La Sella where there are several clay and all weather tennis courts available to rent. Tennis lessons are also on offer here as is horse riding. Close by is the 5 star Marriott Hotel with it's golf course, gymnasium, spa and beauty therapies on offer as well as a high standard restaurant. 30 mins drive along the motorway will take you to Benidorm where you can avail yourselves of the water park Aqualandia and the theme parks Terra Mitica and Terra Natura.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
15 Jul 2017 - 2 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£150|
25% of fee is payable as a non-refundable deposit and the balance will be due 8 weeks prior to the let. The service charge for laundry and house cleaning is included in the price. There is also an additional refundable breakage deposit of £150 which will be returned after your visit. Normal wear and tear is expected but any significant damage will be charged for. Cot & hire chair hire should be paid directly to the property management company in Spain.
Saturday is changeover day in high season but out of season this could be more flexible. Guests are expected to arrive after 4pm and depart by 10am.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in UK pounds.
Cot hire 20 euros per week. High chair 12 euros per week. Food pack 35 euros. All of these should be paid directly to property rental agents in Spain.
25% paid at time of booking with remainder due 8 weeks before departure.
Payment by direct bank transfer or cheque
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The property is in lovely countryside surrounded by orange groves and is part of the Montgo National Park. There are some lovely beaches not far away and there are plenty of sporting activities for those who want to keep active. However, if like me you prefer to spend your holidays relaxing and reading, the peace of the villa will suit you admirably. Eating out is always a pleasure and we can recommend restaurants to suit most budgets.”
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- horse riding
Local Services & Businesses
- laundrette - serviced
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Shower Enclosure
- En-suite to bedroom 1 with walk-in shower, twin basins and wc. En-suite to bedroom 2 with bath, separate shower, basin & wc. En-suite to bedroom 3 with shower, basin & wc. En-suite to pool house with walk-in shower, basin and wc. Separate wc.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with super king size bed and en-suite. Bedroom 2 with king size bed and en-suite. Bedroom 3 with twin beds and en-suite. Pool house with twin beds and en-suite (separate from rest of house).
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: There is underfloor heating, a wood burning stove and double glazing for winter lets (the property is suitable to be let as a 3 bedroom villa for out of season letting eg for golfing holidays). There are handmade terracotta tiles on floors throughout the living accommodation. There is no air-conditioning but the thickness of the old stone walls keeps the rooms cool in summer and mosquito screens at the windows enable good use of summer breezes at night. All bedrooms have independent electric fans The property is suitable for families but no pets and no smokers. Outside: Roof terrace with access from bedrooms 1 and 3 with high walls but stunning views of Montgo and Denia Castle. The dining room opens onto a small internal courtyard and the kitchen has its own large terrace with views to the south; the covered naya by front door has seating. Table tennis table on the old front drive area (which is not used for parking). Pool is 10 x 5m and is cleaned regularly. Around pool is a large paved area with sun loungers and a covered area with dining table and chairs for alfresco eating with a gas barbecue for cooking. The whole property is walled to ensure privacy and there are some lovely mature olive and palm trees plus many plants softening the hard landscaping. There is hard standing for 2 cars within the property's lockable gates and space for a further car outside in the carport. Utility Room: Washing machine, dryer, extra fridge for drinks, iron & board. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bath towels and bedlinen are included in the price and changed once a week. Pool towels are also provided but guests are expected to wash them at the end of their stay. The pool is regularly maintained and the house is cleaned once a week.