Finca in Gaucin, Andalucia, Spain - Intimate Location and Super Amenities
Beautifully decorated finca with private pool and grand views. Highest standards. Charming and tranquil. Intimate location and super amenities. World class. Sleeps 8. There are 4 large double bedrooms and 3 fully equipped bathrooms. Situated on it's own gated terrain of around 20.000 square meters. Olive trees, figues, lemons, pomegranates, almonds, pines, palms. Abundant wildlife. 2 kilometers from the village of Gaucín. Guaranteed peace and quiet.
About the Owner
We found the ideal house to stay permanently in the future, but since we are still working, we have decided to buy the property and to rent it out to you for vacation purposes.
We visit the property every month and we are meticulous in cleaning and maintenance.
We have a young and ambitious local caretaker who speaks Spanish and English, which is a great help for us and for you as a guest.
We take pride in arranging things in order to accomodate you as our guest in the best possible manner.
Guestbook comments from the manager
3 based on 1 holidaymaker reviews
Needs more attention to detail
Our family of four (2 adults, 2 teens) stayed in “La Finca Serena” (“El Secreto del Moro” when booking via La Vida Rustica) for a week in late August 2016. Despite the lovely views of the surrounding area and stylish layout of the property itself, we encountered several problems during our short stay (including a broken TV in the main lounge area, a relentlessly leaking air conditioning unit and several broken/tired pieces of equipment/furniture) which, considering the high price of the villa, was especially disappointing. We were also surprised to find that there were no in-built air-conditioning units in any of the central areas which made the living room/kitchen largely unusable in the summer heat.
The owners, who did attempt to rectify the issues as they arose via their local caretaker (but who would not engage with us directly), recommend in their slim manual that guests put suggestions in their guest book but since there was no guest book to be found I will make them here:
• Buy more effective fans for guests to enjoy the indoor areas in the heat of the summer months (this property only has air conditioning units in 3 out of the 4 bedrooms).
• Buy some comfortable cushions for your outdoor sun loungers which are currently a mixture of tired and/or uncomfortable.
• Make your information booklet more comprehensive (perhaps with a map of the local area with the supermarket and certain restaurants marked) and please bring back the guest book so the guests can share their findings with one another.
• Consider providing your guests with a simple welcome basket of basic provisions – a common practice in most upmarket villas these days - as a gesture of kindness and hospitality.
There is a lot going for this property and with greater attention to detail and a bit more loving care it could easily become the 5-star experience to warrant it's high price tag. Sadly, we only had a 3-star experience and decided to leave a day early!
From the Owner
“It is the most beautiful location we know in the whole of Andalucia. We spent 7 years looking for it. In 2001 we bought a townhouse in Andalucia and from there we went looking for the ideal house, without haste. We covered the whole of Andalucia, not only to look for our dream house, but also because we love to visit all of the beautiful places such as Cordoba, Sevilla, Granada etc..”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Sevilla, Cordoba, Jerez, Marbella, Ronda, Gibraltar, Granada.
Coast with beaches at 30 car minutes.
1½ hour from Malaga airport. Other airports in the vicinity are Sevilla and Gibraltar.
Village of Gaucin at 2km distance.
All requirements such as shops and banks can be found in Gaucin. There are a large number of courses, varying from year to year, in Gaucin, e.g. tennis courses, music, painting etc.. antiques, pottery. Organised hikes on all levels. Plenty of tapas bars also for outside recreation and restaurants, from typical local at very modest prices to upmarket luxury dining. Above Gaucin is the Roman Castillo del Aquila in with it's surrounding colony of griffon vultures. Further bird watching, e.g. the spectacular summer colony of bee-eaters on our own terrain, Bonelli's eagles and extremely rich wildlife. Gaucin has many Moorish character traits. The Cueva de la Pileta at 25 minutes (cave paintings upto 25.000 years old in one of the worlds most important discoveries, yet hardly disturbed). Easy inexpensive organised and individual transport to Maroc (Tanger), with it's fantastic bazaars. Casáres (officially protected village with Moorisch traits) at 20 minutes. Estepona/ Marbella/ Puerto Banús with an impressive array of upmarket designer shopping (Armani, Bleu Blanc Marine).
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
23 Oct 2016 - 10 Dec 2016
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
11 Dec 2016 - 7 Jan 2017
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
My Standard Rate
1 night minimum stay
for 1 night
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£335|
Please send an email for booking details.
Changeover day Saturday. Arrival at 16.00 hours, departure at 11.00 hours. Exceptions possible.
Notes on prices:
PRICES FOR 2 GUESTS 25% OFF THE LISTED PRICE
PRICES FOR 4 GUESTS 10% OFF THE LISTED PRICE
From the Owner
“We benefit from the authenticity of Gaucin, the unspoilt character and nature, the absolute peace and quiet, but also from the views of the coast, the Mediterranean, Gibraltar and Africa. However, the coast is at 30 minutes and offers us a complete array of (tourist) possibilities. The house itself is full of 'El Andaluz' character, but recently built to a modern standard as to quality and comfort (heating, aircon, internet, audio and video, kitchen etc.). It is 100% private and secluded, on it's own fenced grounds of 30,000 square meters with it's own drive, taking us from the gate right up to the front door in 1 minute.”
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- bird watching
- horse riding
- scenic drives
Local Services & Businesses
- laundrette - serviced
Sports & Adventure Activities
- equestrian events
- mountain biking
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- All bathrooms with luxury shower, toilet etc, one also with bidet.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Master bedroom annex bathroom with king size bed Bedroom 2 with kingsize bed. Opposite bathroom. Bedroom 3 with 2 single beds. Next to bathroom. Separate 4th bedroom with bathroom.
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Notes on accommodation: More inside pictures. Outside: Beautiful terraces with outside second living, pool area with covered third living. Entry gate, landscaped gardens, complete privacy. Utility Room: Utility room. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All inclusive, caretaker, gardener (cook available upon request). Other: 3 outside living areas