Riverside House near Entrecasteaux overlooking the river Bresque - 4 beds/2 bath
Lou Cigaloun is in an enviable position being quiet and secluded but not isolated and just 800m from the exceptional village of Entrecasteaux. This charming house is comfortable, well decorated and furnished to a high standard with 2 acres (8500 sq m) of beautiful grounds bordering the banks of the river Bresque. This is a real and much loved home with books, pictures, ornaments and a well equipped kitchen. The attractive swimming pool is situated in its own private garden with an adjacent pool house. There is a choice of 2 delightful terraces for shady eating and drinking with plenty of level land where children can play. Entrecasteaux has a small selection of shops including a grocer, baker, butcher, local produce shop and newsagent. 2 bars and 4 restaurants. Salernes is only 7kms away with its twice weekly market and comprehensive selection of shops, supermarkets and restaurants. The attractive villages of Lorgues, Cotignac, Aups and Tourtour are all within 15/30 minutes drive.
Top Traveller Review
Wonderful setting and a lovely house
About the Owner
(5 traveller reviews)
Wonderful setting and a lovely house
We enjoyed a fabulous holiday in this beautiful house. It has a great location near to pretty Entrecasteaux with some good restauarants, particuarly La Fourchette which has lovely views. The house is brilliantly equipped with 3 fridges so we enjoyed the luxury of a Provencal Rose fridge! So restful being beside the river and the kids loved the swimming pool. Visit to the gorge a great success. Hope to be back, many thanks
Best holiday house one could ever ask for
Everything about this property is not only as says in the brochure but far far more. The owners hospitality and concerns for their guests is exceptional, from leaving little useful goodies to start our holiday to providing the most beautiful house and gardens. In a very very hot summer over 41c some days the house remained cool ,so one could sleep at night easily. ( who needs air conditioning when you have a well planned house ? ) One could eat off the floor, it is so clean, and that applies everywhere from bathrooms to sitting room and the very well equipped kitchen . It is a joy when I find every utensil I could possibly want to cook with, as I am by profession a cook I find I
usually have to take a trunk full of cooking stuff on holiday with me but not here! It is all there and all I take is an apron ! The house is easy to find as it is just off the main road from entrecasteaux to salernes. We have been coming to this area for over 25 years because four young children needed a lot of activities which are in the area in abundance but now we only have 2 adult offspring plus their appendages with us it is just as interesting ,lavender, good restaurants, lovely old places to visit.
We love going to the Lac St Croix for the fantastic scenery and sailing, Brunos for lunch is always special and a trip to the Isles of poquerolles with a fantastic lunch is a yearly must too. I couldn't recommend this property more highly.
Fantastic holiday property
This is a wonderful property in a fantastic quiet location - great to get away from it all! The small village is within walking distance for your morning bread so what more could you ask for? The house has everything that you need, beautifully furnished and decorated with all the amenities that you could possibly ask for. It really feels like a home away from home. The location is superb, with the river alongside and the pool at the end of the garden. The area itself has plenty to keep you busy if you can drag yourself away! Excellent customer service provided with regular contact prior to arrival, detailed instructions for arrival, and excellent references within the property itself. Would definitely recommend and we will be visiting again. Do not believe you could find a better holiday location in this area of France.
First Class Accommodation
Our first visit to France and we could not have chosen better accommodation. The house was spotlessly clean, had everything you could possibly need (like home from home), superb gardens and scenery. What more could we ask for except that we wished we had booked for longer. Thank you for the groceries and wine provided, which were greatly appreciated. We are certain to return!
Heaven on earth
We have stayed here for a few years now and still I find its peace and tranquility absolutely wonderful. The house is always beautifully clean and the owners generosity on leaving first might goodies is very well received! The information in the property is up to date and very thorough. The equipment in the kitchen shows it is owned by a keen cook, lovely big fridge and other fridges available for drinks etc make life much simpler. Comfortable beds, well equipped bathrooms with either bath or shower , a lovely pool all go to make the house a little piece of heaven
Activity and Interests
Lac de St Croix/Gorges de Verdon - 50 minutes
St Tropez, Frejus, Cannes - 1.15 hrs (longer in high season)
Nice and Marseille airports - 1.30 hrs
Toulon/Hyeres airport - 1.15 hrs
10/11 hrs drive from Calais - this could be longer in high season depending on traffic conditions.
Entrecasteaux - 800m
Salernes - 7 kms
Cotignac - 10 kms
Lac de St Croix/Gorges de Verdon - 50 minutes
Aix en Provence - 1 hr
Cannes - 1 hr (longer in high season)
Entrecasteaux has a baker, general store, butcher, garden/local fruit & veg shop and newsagent selling english/foreign newspapers and a small market on Fridays; 4 restaurants; the nearest supermaket and bank is in Salernes with market days being Sundays and Wednesdays.
Tennis courts, fishing, horse riding, bike rental and canoeing on the river Argens are available within a few miles of the property.
Entrecasteaux and the surrounding villages in the Haut Var have many fetes, music festivals, bric-a-brac sales and boules tournaments during the summer months.
The Lac de Verdon offers wonderful scenery and uncrowded beaches as well as sailing, sail boarding, canoeing and pedalo rental. A canoe trip down the Gorge de Verdon on a hot summer's day is heavenly!
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
15 Jun 2017 - 31 Aug 2017
14 night minimum stay
for 14 nights
1 Sep 2017 - 15 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£500|
Any day of the week. Arrival time 16.00/18.00. Departures before 10.00
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in UK pounds. Minimum 2 week rentals in July and August
25% due when reservation confirmed. Balance due 8 weeks before arrival date
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
- Away From It All
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Ping Pong Table
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Television ...
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- winery tours
- bird watching
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- laundrette - serviced
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- equestrian events
- fly fishing
- freshwater fishing
- mountain biking
- 170 m²
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 1 with bath/shower over, bidet, WC (1st floor) Bathroom 2 with shower, bidet, WC (ground floor) WC, wash basin in pool house
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms, 2 Bathrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with 160cms double bed (1st floor) Bedroom 2 with twin beds (1st floor) Bedroom 3 with 160cms double bed (ground floor) Bedroom 4 with twin beds (ground floor)
- Terrace ...
- Golf ...
- Kayak / Canoe
- Garden ...
- Barbecue ...
- Tennis ...
- Notes on accommodation: There is a second large fridge/freezer in the garage and a small extra fridge in the pool house, in addition to those in the kitchen and larder. The house itself is built of stone with traditional provencal tiled floors - this makes the interior comparatively cool, even on the hottest days. There is excellent cell/mobile phone reception. Outside: The grounds are a real feature of this property and extend to approximately 2 acres/8500 sq m bordered on the SE boundary by the River Bresque. The house is situated on a large level grassy area 8 metres above the river (fenced) where there is lots of space for children to play. To the front (S) is a large covered terrace for shady dining with table and chairs for 8 with a pleasant sitting area adjacent to the covered terrace with open views across the grounds to hills on the other side of the valley. A further terrace (E) shaded by large trumpet vines overlooks the river with a further table and chairs for 8 gives an alternative dining/sitting area. A barbeque and a pingpong table are provided. The swimming pool, (3m x 8m, with steps into pool, depth 0.8/1.8m, fenced), is 100m from the house on a lower terrace in its own private garden with a WC, washbasin and fridge in a small pool house adjacent. There are plenty of loungers/chairs by the pool. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen included. End of stay clean included. Change of towels, linen and cleaning during the stay is available on request at extra cost. Other: Attractive bedrooms with river views.