House in Marzan, Morbihan, Brittany - Peaceful Hamlet, Near River and Coast
This country house is suited to a large family or more than one family to share a peaceful setting just outside the pretty village of Marzan. The accommodation was refurbished recently including the kitchen and 3 bathrooms, it has superb views to all aspects. The gardens have tall hedges all round and a gated drive with ample parking it is perfectly located to visit southern Brittany's medieval towns, cities marinas and harbours or just to relax on the endless choice of very different beaches.
About the Owner
My wife and I live in Nottinghamshire with our 3 children, we have been going on holiday for years in this unspoilt area prior to us buying, which we feel is the perfect holiday destination.
From the Owner
“We love the southern Brittany coastline with its blend of rustic medieval towns, contemporary marinas and stunning beaches,also its easy to get to with a short drive from St. Malo and its warm micro climate makes it a great place to spend your holidays.”
Activity and Interests
La Grande Maison is situated on the D148 just north on the edge of the Village of MARZAN, about a 10 minute walk to the village where you can buy groceries, fresh bread, etc.
The nearest beach is approx 20 mins drive ,and with a massive choice of small coves to La Boules 5 miles long, of golden sand all within approx 30 mins drive.
The port of Saint Malo is approx 100 mins drive, Caen port 3 1/2 hours or Cherbourg 4 hours.
The airports of Nantes (45 miles) or Dinard approx 90 mins drive are the nearest.
Marzan village is half a mile, the river port of La Roche Bernard is 3 miles away, Vannes medieval walled city/harbour 30 mins, La Boule 30-40 mins. Also the Gulf de Morbihan with hundreds of islands and boat trips is 30 mins drive.
Marzan has a few bars, a minimarket, a restaurant, baker and tabac/bar the nearest supermarket is at la Roche Bernard approx 4 miles.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
30 Oct 2016 - 17 Dec 2016
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
18 Dec 2016 - 7 Jan 2017
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£150|
After your planned date has been confirmed a 20% deposit will be required with final balance to be sent 6 weeks prior to arrival.
Saturdays in peak times all other times flexible start dates can be accommodated.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“This very large house with its private secluded gardens and patios is a superb base of which to explore this stunning area.”
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Room
- DVD Player
- Game Room
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Games
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- wheelchair inaccessible
- near the sea
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- freshwater fishing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower)
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Top floor bathroom has bath and basin with a separate wc room. Middle floor has a shower room with double cubicle and a basin with a separate wc room. Ground floor has a shower room with a double cubicle, basin and wc.
- 7 Bedrooms, Sleeps 16
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Double Bed, plenty of space to travel cot, or child bed
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Double Bed, plenty of room for cot/child bed
- Bedroom 3 - 1 Single Bed, This is top floor 3rd bedroom/no window
- Bedroom 4 - 1 Double Bed
- Bedroom 5 - 2 Single Bed
- Bedroom 6 - 2 Single Bed, these are bunk beds
- Bedroom 7 - 2 Single Bed, these are bunk beds - through room to upper floor
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 16 (7 Bedrooms) inc 3 put up beds Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 has a double (on top floor). Bedroom 2 has a double (on top floor). Bedroom 3 is a single (without a window) top floor. Bedroom 4 has a bunk bed Bedroom 5 has a double. Bedroom 6 has a bunk bed. Bedroom 7 has 2 single beds.
- Bicycles ...
- Golf ...
- Garden ...
- 5 bicycles
- Notes on accommodation: NEW FACILITY: WiFi now installed Outside: Large barbecue, patio furniture, sun loungers, bikes and play area. Utility Room: Washing machine, dryer, fridge and freezer. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Cleaning is included in the price. Linen is available at extra cost , please enquire for costs.