House in Ostuni, Brindisi, Puglia, Italy - Entire house in a Quiet, Central Location, 360' Panoramic Roof Terrace
Casa Machiavelli is an entire independent house situated only a short walk from the many bars and cafes that are dotted around the winding cobbled streets of the historical centre 'Centro Storico'. Situated in the beautiful old part of town, the park 'villa communal' is literally 100m away and has a lovely cafe and children's play area. The house has 1 large double master bedroom with en-suite shower/wc room, 1 smaller double bedroom and 1 very easy to use sofa bed (with no large cushions to deal with). A walk in wardrobe space is available if the living area is used as a bedroom. High domed 'star vaulted' ceiling and quaint little stone entrances, traditional arched doorways and exposed original stonework. Casa Machiavelli is an enchanting little townhouse which oozes character. Ideal for a romantic getaway for two or a fun, self-catering holiday for a family of up to 6. Air-con in every room and gas central heating, our property is suitable all year round. 360' panoramic views over the city and down to the Adriatic sea.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
Just a quick mail to thank you for letting us stay in your lovely house in Ostuni. We all agreed that the house was in a great location within easy walking distance of the endless superb restaurants that Ostuni has to offer. The house itself was beautifully renovated, very comfortable and equipped to a very high standard. J. Walter.
James and I wanted to say that we had the most amazing week at Casa Machiavelli. The house was beautiful, wonderfully equipped and superbly situated. We were very fortunate with the weather - just one amazing lightening storm on the Wednesday and Pauline was great getting the keys to use. We will highly recommend to friends in the future. We had a fantastic holiday. Many thanks, B. King.
Activity and Interests
There are several beaches near by and it will take a short 10 minute drive to reach the coastline. Torre Guaceto, a WWF protected nature reserve is our favourite with Pilone beach a close 2nd.
You can find fantastic deals with Ryanair from as little as £10 each way! They fly from stansted to Brindisi (25 min drive) or Bari (50 min drive). Ostuni is very easy to find driving from either airport. Hertz offer discounted car hire if flying Ryanair, otherwise National, Maggiore, Sixt, Europcar and Targarent all have airport outlets. It is possible to get a taxi direct, Brindisi 50 euros, Bari 100 euros. Trains also run to Ostuni Station but you will need to get a taxi to the house -2km.
Our key holder Pauline, who is a British ex-pat, is a very friendly lady and has been living in Ostuni for the last 20 years. She will be more than happy to give you help and advice during your stay.
Casa Machiavelli is available for short term lets of 3-6 days, but please note that a charge will be made for the final clean.
2 people €55 - 4 people €65 - 6 people €75.
Arrival-departure times: approximately 2pm on day of arrival. Departure by 11am. (Flexible depending on outgoing/incoming occupants). £150 or €150 refundable security deposit for breakages or excessive cleaning is required on arrival, refunded on departure (subject to a satisfactory inspection).
- Booking Notes:
A £100 deposit is needed to secure your booking, with full payment being required 8 weeks prior to your holiday. Cancellation refunds: Up to 8 weeks - no cancellation charge. 4-8 weeks-50% of rate refunded. 2-4 weeks-25% of rate refunded. Less than 2 weeks - no refund.
Changeover days are flexible!!
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per night/week in UK pounds.
Discounts available for long term lets.
- Available arrival
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 1 with shower, wc, sink. Fully tiled. En-suite bathroom to master bedroom with Shower, wc, sink. Fully tiled.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4/6 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed, exposed stonework and en-suite. Bedroom 2 with double bed and arched ceilings. Living room with sofa bed (No large cushions to deal with) and walk in wardrobe.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Casa Machiavelli is a whole townhouse and not just part of. A traditional and characterful, natural stone built house that offers high domed 'star vaulted' ceilings and stone flooring throughout. The original layout and characteristics have been kept intact with designer Fixtures added. Furniture has been carefully sourced and installed to help create a warm, homely and welcoming surround. Modern contemporary furniture set to a backdrop of original stonework. Outside: The house provides a split level terrace with 360' panoramic views over the city and down to the Adriatic Sea. There is dining for 6 and 4 sun loungers. A perfect space for evening barbecues. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: For rentals of 1 week or more, there are no hidden costs involved when renting Casa Machiavelli. Air-con, towels (not beach), linen and final clean are all included in the rental. Short term lets of 3-6 days incur a charge for the final clean. Other: Split level 'terrazzo' with 360' panoramic views over the city and down to the Adriatic sea, provides dining for 6, and 4 sun loungers.