Villa in Kalkan Town, Mediterranean Region, Turkey - Ideal for Couples or 3 people, Just 5 minutes walk to Town Centre, now with wifi
Villa Sandra has a private pool and spacious terraces, and is within minutes of Kalkan’s shops and excellent restaurants. The roof terrace has stunning views of Kalkan and the bay. You can buy your fresh bread for breakfast at the mini-market 200 yards away, 5 minutes gets you to town and excellent restaurants, and 10 minutes to the beautiful harbour and beach. A car is not necessary unless you wish to explore the surrounding countryside and archaeological sites. Villa Sandra is ideal for couples wanting a relaxing getaway week or two and it can accommodate 3 people comfortably. Free Wi-Fi is provided.
About the Owner
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Kalkan caters for all tastes from chill-out restful holidays to the more active. It is ideal for all types of water activities. The bay has a Blue Flag Award for cleanliness and is good for swimming. Scuba divers are well-catered for, or you can book a trip on a gulet to tour the local coast. Walkers can explore parts of the Lycian Way which passes close to the town. There are also many archaeological sites in the surrounding area. Kalkan will inspire any photographer with numerous photo opportunities so don't forget to bring your camera.
The villa is within a short walk of a beach club and 10 minute walk to Kalkan beach and harbour. From the harbour you can catch the water taxis to Palm Beach, Patara Prince beach, Villa Mahal and Kalkan Park beach clubs. The nearest sandy beach is Kaputas, a small beach at the bottom of a gorge with turquoise blue water and just 5 minutes by car/local bus. The 18km sandy beach at Patara (protected nature reserve and totally unspoilt) is a 20 minute car/local bus ride away.
Nearest airport is Dalaman, a 90 min car journey. Antalya is about 4 hours from Kalkan taking the scenic drive around the coast. A private airport transfer on arrival to the villa can be easily arranged. Car hire is available at the airport and in Kalkan, if desired; but a car is not necessary for enjoying Kalkan itself due to the convenient location of the villa.
The next nearest town to Kalkan is Kas, a 27km/30 min drive away. Kas is worth visiting just for the stunning scenery on the coastal road. The nearest large town is Fethiye a 50 minute drive away with its bustling market, harbour and fish restaurants. Many historical sites are within a 45 minute drive of Kalkan including Xanthos, Tlos, and Pinara. Other places of interest are Saklikent Gorge, and the traditional villages of Bezirgan and Islamlar just a short drive up into the Taurus Mountains.
Kalkan has a number of banks all with cash machines accepting most credit cards plus a local post office, internet cafes and phone shops to stay in touch with home. There are English speaking doctors and a dentist if required. You can experience a Turkish bath or Hamam, and there is also a small gym for fitness enthusiasts. Kalkan is well known for its array of excellent restaurants high up on roof terraces in the old town or by the harbour. Most focus on international cuisine but you can also sample authentic Turkish food, live Turkish music and the chance to smoke a water pipe or try the small kebab houses, pide (pizza) and pancake restaurants.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
We can hold dates for 48 hours in order for you to find and book your flights. To book we will send you a booking form to complete and require a £200 deposit paid by cheque or internet banking to the owner's UK account. Balances of bookings are paid 6 weeks prior to departure plus a £200 security deposit against breakages and damage to the villa. The security deposit is refunded direct to your account within 7 working days of departure.
The preferred changeover day is Monday, although we do not insist on it and we are flexible with arrival and departure times where possible.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the villa per week in UK Pounds.
For any other period please ask for a quote.
- Available arrival
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Main family bathroom with large shower enclosure, wc and sink. Hairdryer. Second bathroom with large shower enclosure, wc and sink.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 3
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 3 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 has king size double bed, 2 balconies and sea views. Bedroom 2 has a single 3 foot bed and balcony with mountain view.
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Fully air-conditioned throughout. Insect screens on windows. Pool is 150cm deep at the shallow end, so parents should consider carefully the suitability of the villa for children. Outside: Private pool with a shallow end (approx 150cm deep). Pool terrace has 4 sunbeds and side tables, table and chairs for outside dining, barbecue and large sunshade. Garden is planted with oleander, bougainvillea, fruit trees and flowers. Roof terrace has two sun beds with cushions, umbrella and side tables, dining table and chairs. Fab view! Attached room has sink and fridge, to keep the wine cool. Utility Room: A washing machine, ironing facilities and airer are provided in the main bathroom. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All towels and bedlinen are provided. Pool towels are provided. Weekly laundry and cleaning are included. Extra cleaning or laundry changes on request. Other: Roof terrace contains dining table and sun loungers. Additionally there is an indoor room next to the terrace with sink and fridge.