Country House in Woodborough Village, near Nottingham - Peaceful Village location wihin Sherwood Forest County
Newly renovated and refurbished Country House in a beautifully located and magical setting on the border of one of the most sought after villages in Nottinghamshire. The House benefits from open countryside views set within 10 acres of private well established gardens. Downstairs are two large sitting rooms with bay windows and a fabulous bespoke kitchen and open plan dining room with ample space for the large dining table. Large picture doors open out from the swimming pool onto the spacious patio, complete with whirl pool Jacuzzi which allows the bather to take in the panoramic views and fresh air. An Architect designed staircase leads from the impressive reception hall to five double bedrooms and three bathrooms. Woodborough (winner of the best kept village 2008 offers you wonderful walks, local village pubs, shop and fine dining all within a short walking distance from your door.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
4.4 based on 8 holidaymaker reviews
Would not recommend
Lauren (the owner) took three months to return our deposit and only did so after I spent a lot of time chasing her via email and text. There was no issue with damage and after three months claimed she had 'paid it to another account'. I wonder how many people never get their deposit back from her because they do not chase it up or get tired of not receiving a reply.
She was also very unhelpful in trying to arrange this repayment after I finally got contact from her. Overall, because it's such a large deposit, I'd advise on booking anywhere else unless you want to waste a lot of your time and risk the deposit vanishing. Very unfortunate service.
Myself and friends stayed here over new year and had an amazing time. The house was stunning, clean and tidy. It had everything we needed from towels to kitchen utensils. Would highly recommend.
Great short break
The last time I visited this house was about 6 years ago for a hen weekend. The house was exactly the same, clean and well presented and gorgeous as I renembered. Certain little bits I felt were stArting to look a bit tired such as the areas of white paint near the roof. This was very noticeable whilst enjoying the hot tub. One big let down is the fact that there is no wi fi here. Bearing in mind the costs I feel this is the only real thing that should be added here.. We all like to get away from it all but inevitably want Internet access. Still.... Would love to go back.
Fancastic Property in Great Location
We stayed at house for a 2 night hen party and it was fantastic. There were 10 of us and there was easily enough room for all.
The pool and hot tub got a lot of use and added that extra special touch to an already stunning property. We had fabulous weather and enjoyed a cocktail master class sat on the terrace which has stunning views over the surrounding countryside. The kitchen is well equipped and a great place to meet up - lots of space for all.
We booked a chocolate making workshop for the Saturday in a village just outside Melbourne in Derbyshire (about a 45 min drive) and I can highly recommend this. At night we made a trip into Nottingham city centre via taxi which was about 15 mins away.
Overall I would highly recommend this house
really great place to stay
Foxhills is a super get away location and has everything a large family gathering could need! We really enjoyed the place. Views are super and pool and patio/BBQ area were ideal.
There is no Wifi which can be a blessing or a bain depending on your point of view.
Overall we would thoroughly recommend
Activity and Interests
East Midlands Airport - approx 22 miles
Birmingham Airport - approx 58 miles.
Robin Hood Airport-approx 37 miles
Coventry Airport - approx 59 miles.
Stansted Airport - approx 113 miles.
Woodborough within walking distance.
Calverton village - 1 mile.
City of Nottingham - 8 miles.
Southwell – 9 miles.
Sherwood Forest - Robin Hood visitor’s centre - 12 miles.
Sherwood pines - 12 miles.
Newstead and Rufford Abbeys - 8 miles.
Clumber Park - National trust - 11 miles.
Wollaton Hall and Country Park - 12 miles.
Newark - 17 miles.
Woodborough village is one of the most prestigious residential locations in Nottinghamshire. The village dates back to 1100AD as mentioned in Doomsday Book. Walk around the village; visit the Norman church of St Swithun. Wander past the old school, vicarage and stocking cottages. Enjoy local hospitality in one or both of the two public houses or fine dine at Woodborough hall restaurant. Take in the many countryside walks, fishing and horse riding all available locally. Shops, super market fast-food outlets, medical centre, sports and leisure complex and bank can be found in nearby Calverton.
Foxhills Country House is centrally located from which you can explore the many historical surrounding towns and villages, Abbeys and Stately homes of Nottinghamshire.
Visit the city of Nottingham with its Castle, once home to the notorious Sheriff of Nottingham, explore the lime stone caves which run under Nottingham or take a trip to the award winning "Tales of Robin hood”, fun family entertainment. And," The galleries of Justice", a historic penal centre turned tourist attraction in the heart of Nottingham's Lace Market. Nottingham has excellent shopping, night life and restaurants.
Newark and Southwell are historical market towns, with strong links to King John, Charles I and Oliver Cromwell. Both have cobbled streets, quaint shops, and lots olde worlde charm! Newark castle and museum and Britain’s first workhouse at Southwell are well worth a visit.
Sherwood Forest and its visitors centre are not to be missed with the major oak, hiding place for Robin Hood and his merry men! Visit Will Scarlet’s burial place. For those seeking the great outdoors why not take full advantage of the many walks, cycle trails and bridle paths in and around Sherwood Forest. Or for the more adventurous visit Go Ape, (a high wire activity in the trees), Go Karting, paintballing or shooting, all to be found just a short driving distance away.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
1 night minimum stay
for 1 night
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£500|
25% deposit is required on booking with final settlement 8 weeks prior to commencement of the holiday. A returnable breakage deposit of £500 is required on booking. Cancellation refunds: Up to 8 weeks prior to date of holiday - no cancellation fee, 4-8 weeks - 50% of rate refunded, 2-4 weeks - 25% of rate refunded, Less than 2 weeks - no refund.
Changeover day is Saturday but can be flexible.
Long week end and midweek breaks also available on request.
Arrival 3pm onwards.
Departure by 10am
Payment of 25% deposit to secure stay and balance in full paid directly by bank transfer to the owner and not via credit or debit card to any other parties
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
- chateau / country house
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Hot Tub
- Private Pool
- autumn foliage
- recreation centre
- theme parks
- bird watching
- horse riding
- outlet shopping
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- bay fishing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Luxurious Large family bathroom - integrated bath with water fall tap, separate power shower cubicle, bidet and toilet. Fully tiled. Heated towel rail and under floor heating. Two ensuite bathrooms with power shower, toilet and wash basin. Fully tiled
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 10/12 (5 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed. Bedroom 2 with 6t round bed. Bedroom 3 with double bed and TV. Bedroom 4 with four poster bed and TV. Bedroom 5 with super king bed and TV. Sofa bed in lounge (sleeps 2).
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Notes on accommodation: Under flooring to downstairs accommodation. Gas central heating in all rooms. Coal affect open fires to lounge areas. Property Suitable for Large groups and families. Children welcome. Cots, highchairs and baby sitting service available on request. (please note baby sitting charges are extra but competitively priced). Assortment of adult and child board games, books and DVDs for guest use. Outside: Outside there are 10 acres of gardens and orchards to explore including Foxwood, with its historic Anglo Saxon iron age and roman fort settlement. Being a protected archaeological site already being investigated by televisions Channel 4 Time Team. The 27ft by 12ft private indoor heated swimming pool. Large picture doors slide back from the pool area to give access to the patio areas located to the front and south side of the property, with breathtaking panoramic views of unspoiled English country side. (Not a pylon in sight!). Enjoy watching the sunrise or set on the fully equipped decked patio terrace. With a large jacuzzi (cleaned and water changed weekly) out door dining table and chairs, sun loungers and BBQ all at your disposal. Utility Room: Full range of fitted units with sink and drainer. Washing machine and tumble dryer. Ironing facilities. Separate toilet. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen are provided and are changed weekly. The property is cleaned weekly prior to guest arrival. These services can be provided more regularly by negotiation. Other: Impressive large and light entrance hall, with central wooden staircase. French doors lead off to the lounge and kitchen/dining areas. Can be opened up for open plan entertaining. The house also offers an honesty bar!