Holiday Home in Ardara, Co Donegal, Ireland - Peaceful Location, Overlooks Loch, Near Adara
This supurb house lies within its own grounds of half an acre. The house overlooks Loch Namanfin with has brown & rainbow trout. All the rooms to the front of the house enjoy views of the Blue Stack mountains. This beautiful location is ideal for a relaxing break or for many pursuits that are available in the area such as horseriding, golf, fishing, walking, surfing, scuba diving etc... With 4 bedrooms 3 bathrooms it is perfect for an extended family or 2 families sharing. Maybe group of fishermen or golfers.
About the Owner
pat and sarah have been married for 44 years, we live in leicestershire,
Sarah works in the motor industry Pat is a sole trader.
we have 2 chilren, 5 grandchilren, who love to go to the house
Guestbook comments from the owner
We all had a great time,house was very comfortable & a great basefor touring
this part of Donegal. Would recommend to friends
Sandra, John & family
All had a wonderful time, Beautiful house, beautiful weather, not enough time!
Thank you so much
Brien & Sherrin family, co Kildare
We had a lovely time, the house is beautiful, would recommend golf in Donegal & recommend music at The Corner Bar( Ardara).
McGrea, Anderson and Godfrey
familes, co Antrim
From the Owner
“The house was built in the 1950s . we got the house in 1993 after the owner Sarah's uncle passed away. and was left it to her. It was a small cottage, we rebuilt it into a 4/5 bedroom house. we love to spend as much time as we can, our family to go a lot. we hope that the visitors enjoy the peace and quiet, we hope our visitors treat it as a home from home”
Activity and Interests
The nearest beach is at Fintra which is close to Killybegs, this is a sandy and sheltered beach. Portnoo & Narin outside Ardara has miles of white sand. St Johns Point is a beautiful scenic drive not far from the house, at the end of the drive there is a lovely beach and a lighthouse. There are many beaches along the coastal area.
Belfast international & George Best airport are approx 3.5 hrs
Derry airport is approx 2 hrs
Dublin is approx 5 hrs
Ferries, Belfast 3.5 hrs, Dublin, 5 hrs.
Bruckless, 5 mins (drive) for supermarket & fuel, Deanes horse riding centre, craft shop, & Church.
Dunkineeley, 7 mins, Pubs with traditional music, fish and chip restaurant and take away, shops.
Killybegs, 10 mins, Large fishing port, 2 hotels, many pubs and eateries.
Ardara, 15 mins, Pubs with lots of traditional music, craft shops, hotel.
Glenties,20 mins, Patrick McGill centre, also hotel, pubs shops.
Donegal, 20 mins, O'Donnells Castle, McGee's world famous shop, hotels, shops, pubs.
A Stunning drive though the Blue Stack Mountains.
Glenveagh National Park and Castle.
Glencolumkile is worth while visit with its heritage village and beautiful scenery.
Sea angling, freshwater fishing, hill walking are easily accessible round the area.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
10 Sep 2016 - 17 Dec 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
christmas/ new year
24 Dec 2016 - 7 Jan 2017
15 night minimum stay
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Booking deposit £100 (non-refundable) balance to be paid 6 weeks prior to the letting period.
Changeover Saturday, (this can be a little flexable) arrival at 4pm leave at 11am, unless an other arrangement has been made.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in UK pounds.
Please enquire for bank holidays and short breaks
by email or mobile phone
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Peace and quiet, to look at the stars in at the unpolluted sky, lovely drives to the local beaches and the local villages and towns. fish at the trout lake which is beside the house All the bedrooms and the lounge have a view of the lake.”
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Fireplace ...
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Games ...
- Video Library
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- autumn foliage
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- fly fishing
- freshwater fishing
- pier fishing
- bay fishing
- Bathroom 2 - Shower Enclosure
- family bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower
- shower room 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower
- Large en-suite bathroom with shower, wc, shaver point bedroom 1. En-suite shower room, wc, shaver point, bedroom 2. Family bathroom with shower, wc, shaver point, on first floor wc and handbasin off utility room
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1, double bed, en-suite bathroom, TV, settee. Bedroom 2, double bed-suite shower room. Bedroom 3, 2 single beds, settee. Bedroom 4, 2 single beds. Cot.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The property is child friendly, a cot, high chair and stair gate are provided. Also oil central heating at no extra charge. Please note: Easter, Whitsun and august bank holiday weeks. £550 Outside: The house sits on a half acre of open countryside. There is a large lawned private garden with playframe for children. Garden furniture with parasol and barbecue are also provided. There is ample parking for several vehicles. Utility Room: Washing machine, tumble dryer, washing up bowl. Lots of storage room, cloakroom with lots of coat hooks, and also wc with wash hand basin. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bed linen and towels are provided. The house is cleaned prior to guests arrival. Other: Front porch, which has two wooden arm chairs and a coffee table. A Lovely place to sit and read or watch the sunrise.