Farmhouse Near Oliva, Costa Azahar, Spain - Tranquil, Private Setting Amongst The Orange Groves, 5 Mins Walk To Village, 5 Mins Drive To Beach
Distinctive fully reformed farmhouse with large swimming pool situated in the orange groves just outside Rafelcofer. Sleeps 10 comfortably. The house is just a five minute walk from the beautiful Spanish town of Rafelcofer which is just a five minute drive from Oliva and Gandia. This luxury property has been sympathetically restored keeping many of the original features including exposed stonework, archways and wooden beams. The spacious ground floor consists of a fully fitted rustic kitchen. There is a large breakfast area just off the kitchen. The lounge has a TV with sky channels and DVD player. A wood stove provides a cosy atmosphere on cooler winter nights. Double doors lead out to a large courtyard with BBQ and seating area. The second courtyard leads to a large swimming pool and garden area. Beyond the swimming pool area are our orange trees and you are welcome to sample the fruit when in season. There is full oil fired central heating in the house and ample parking at the front.
Top Traveller Review
Beautiful, quiet, private Villa!
About the Owner
Pat and Mary Buckley live and work in Ireland. We have a son and a daughter. We really like Ireland in the summer but we really love Spain all year round. We cycle and walk a lot and love the fact that we never have any "rained off" days.
Guestbook comments from the owner
Apologies Pat for not getting back to you sooner. We had an amazing holiday the best ever. Your house is absolutely beautiful and the best equipped we have ever had. We couldn't praise Vere enough he was fantastic help and really a great asset to you. My sisters eldest son is studying Environmental Energy in college so was really blown away with your solar panels and the fact you were so green. We loved the house and the fact that it was so sympathetically restored without losing any of its character. We would all have loved to have seen pictures before and after the restoration.
Erika and Andrew
Cant thank you enough for letting us stay at your beautiful farmhouse and we would love to come back again. It`s an idyllic location, so peaceful and relaxing and yet close enough to stroll into the village. The pictures on the website don't do it justice at all. I would suggest though that you put in more details of eating out in Gandia and Diamus as these were two of our favourite places. The beaches on both were amazing too.
Just a quick email to say what a fantastic holiday we spent at the finca. It's a wonderful place for a holiday. Had a minor hiccup with operating the downstairs shower at first but nothing that a quick call to Vere didn't sort out. Our 3 year old granddaughter loved going to pick her orange each day with granddad and the pool was very child-friendly.
We went to La Font on several occasions for shopping and a meal and everyone was so friendly and helpful as were they in Oliva too.
I'm back in the office today and have recommended the finca to several colleagues.
Kind regards and thanks once again.
Sue and Roger
1 holidaymaker review
Beautiful, quiet, private Villa!
We stayed in the villa for just under a week and loved every second! The villa is in a very handy location near some small towns and larger ones with great motorway access yet it feels completely private & isolated in a great way! Pool is amazing & set in a gorgeous cactus garden! The house is solor powered which we loved also! Will definitely be staying here again! Owners were awesome to communicate with & a pleasure to deal with :) 5* all the way!
From the Owner
“Having visited Gandia on several occasions to see a friend we really got to like the area. We are big into cycling and walking and it was obvious to us that the La Safor area was the perfect place for us.When we found our "Dream House in the Sun" we decided, because it can accommodate 10 people, to encourage other cyclists and walkers to come and stay. We have been cycling in Spain for a few years now and the best time is from September to June when the temperature is perfect for outdoor pursuits. Groups and families can enjoy complete privacy in the Finca nestled in the orange groves.That said we are only 500 metres from the village, 5 mins drive from Gandia and Oliva , two bustling towns with lots to do and see. The miles of blue flag beaches are only 10 mins away.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
This area of Spain is perfectly suited to cycling and walking and from this beautiful house as a base we provide cycling and walking holidays. Bikes, maps, guides and backup are provided so you only need to arrive and we look after the rest. We will collect you from airport and can offer you self catering, half board or full board for these trips. Please note that during July and August because of the heat we don`t do organized trips but if you fancy hiring a bike we will be happy to organize it for you.
We are 5-10 minutes drive to many of the best Blue Flag beaches in Spain. Choose from the bustling Gandia playa with all the restaurants, bars and stalls to the quieter beaches of Daimus, Mirimar and Piles all the way down to Oliva where you`ll find plenty off beach bars to while away the night.
Gandia also boasts a very fine harbour well worth a visit to admire the variety of Yachts and boats in berth. Denia is 20 mins drive away and also has a very busy harbour where you can take boat trips.
Valencia is the nearest airport and takes about 45 minutes drive on the AP7 heading south (exit 61). Alicante is 70 minutes drive on the AP7 coming from the south (exit 61) If you want to get around and sight see in the La Safor area a car is a must. If you prefer to stay local there are bicycles available. Taxi service locally and an hourly train service from Gandia to Valencia. There is a bus service to Benidorm.
Rafelcofer a small pretty village is five minutes walk from the house. For a better variety of restaurants and shops both towns of Gandia and Oliva are just 5 minutes drive. The city of Valencia with all it's attractions is about 50 mins drive. El Vergel Safari park is 20 mins drive and a further 20-30 mins down to Benidorm.
Gandia will satisfy all shopping needs with many international brands side by side with the best of Spanish produce and culture. Wander down the colourful paseo and take in the scents and noises of a vibrant city. The Ducal Palace with all the history of the Borgia family is well worth a visit. Oliva although quite big has a small town relaxed feel and easy to park and get around. On Friday morning there is a great outdoor market so stock up on fresh local produce for the week here.
Just outside Oliva is found the restaurant Viva Espana. Every Saturday night and Sunday afternoon they host a fantastic Flamenco Show. It normally begins with a horse/dancing exhibition in the corral and is a 'must see' in the area. Book for the show and dinner in advance.
South of Oliva is a natural reserve famous for bird watching.
There is a rich history of Cave art found in the surrounding area and many walks and tours are built around this. There is a fine carting track locally and lots of water sports to occupy the most energetic. Kite surfing schools in Gandia are proving very popular.
Visit Valencia for that big city experience steeped in maritime history, beautiful parks and the awesome LÒceanografica centre. Down Benidorm way a great day out is the Terra Mittica theme park and many of the water parks.
All the local towns celebrate in style the famous "Moors and Christians" and "Fallas" festivals. The "Tomatina" throwing of the tomatoes festival is a 30mins drive away.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
4 Sep 2016 - 17 Dec 2016
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
18 Dec 2016 - 15 Jan 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£268|
A deposit of 25% is required for booking and the remaining balance to be paid 4 weeks in advance of the holiday. A refundable security deposit of 300 euros is also required.
Changeover days are normally Saturday or Sunday but we can be more flexible outside the months of July and August.
Generally arrival times are from 2 pm and departure time up to 10 am. (We will try to be flexible with times wherever possible)
Notes on prices:
Prices for the property are in euros.
A 25% Discount applies for groups of 6 or less people outside of high season.
A 20% discount applies for booking 12 or more months in advance.
A 10% discounts applies for booking 8 or more months in advance.
Check with owner for further details.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The property is convenient to all the main road networks, is totally private yet within short distances to all activities. Some families don't see the need to leave the house at all because of the pool, the gardens and the freedom that a house this size brings. In the evening you can watch the sun setting on the mountains from the terrace.”
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove ...
- Freezer ...
- Kitchen ...
- Oven ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Hob ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- Satellite / Cable
- Toys ...
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool ...
- children welcome ...
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- near the sea
- autumn foliage
- recreation centre
- bird watching
- outlet shopping
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- laundrette - serviced
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- equestrian events
- freshwater fishing
- mountain climbing
- bay fishing
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Bidet
- The large en-suite consists of bath, shower, toilet, bidet, twin basins. The upstairs shared bathroom is the same size as the en-suite with the same fittings. Downstairs is a shared power shower, hand basin and toilet. Another power shower/toilet in courtyard.
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 10 (5 Bedrooms) Cot available Notes on bedrooms: The Master en-suite bedroom has a king size bed and private terrace. Bedroom 2 has a double bed and built in wardrobes. Bedroom 3 has 2 single beds with built in wardrobes. Downstairs bedroom 4 has a double bed and bedroom 5 has 2 single beds.
- Bicycles ...
- Terrace ...
- Golf ...
- Barbecue ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: The house is solar powered with a generator as backup when needed. We use energy saving devices wherever possible and are very aware of our carbon footprint. For the cooler months there is oil-fired central heating and a wood burning stove. The house is big and airy and rarely needs air-conditioning, fans are provided if the need arises. Walk through the gate past the second courtyard to find the garden area and private swimming pool. The large pool has a kids paddling area, a wading section and the main pool. We have installed a new pool in 2015. The inner garden has fruit trees, palm trees, cactii and Aloe-vera. The gate on the right leads to our orange groves where you can sample oranges, lemons and avocados when in season. The nearest neighbours are a 5 minute walk away so if you want to shout, sing or play you won't disturb anyone. Outside: At the front of the house there is ample parking spaces. There are 2 large courtyards at the rear. On one side is the BBQ area. We spend a lot of time here for breakfast, lunch, dinner or just lounging about as the area is totally sheltered and is a natural sun trap but has a roofed open pavillion section to get the shade when needed.. The second courtyard has a shower/toilet and several storage rooms and can also be used to relax after the pool which is accessed through this courtyard. The pool 10 X 5m has a safe ledge for children around the edges and is set in a sectioned off part of the garden with palm trees, fruit trees, cactii among the plants growing there. Along with pool furniture there is a Naya provided for shade. The orange grove is accessed through the back gate where you are welcome to sample oranges, lemons and avocados when in season. Utility Room: Pool furniture, loungers and parasols, pool toys. Cleaning equiptment: vacuum cleaner,Ironing board and iron, mop and bucket, brushes etc. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Linen and towels are provided at the beginning of your stay.Towels not to be taken to beach please. For longer stays we arrange a weekly change of linen/towels Our meet and greet person will be available to help with your needs. Other: The BBQ area, a large enclosed courtyard is another great living space. Used for dining alfresco or just to lounge in peace. There's also an open pavilion to shade from the sun. Table and chairs and sun loungers provided