Villa in Ventorros de San Jose, Andalucia, Spain - Idyllic Tranquil Rural Location 50 Mins From Granada
The Olive Grove is ideal for those seeking elegant and spacious light-filled accommodation in complete rural tranquility amid stunning unspoiled countryside. The rooms are arranged around a large leafy courtyard garden with plenty of outdoor seating areas shaded by grape vines. A large circular terrace surrounds the 12 metre infinity pool with an ancient holm oak tree offering shade and unparalleled views. There is a lavender-filled dining terrace plus sun-drenched roof terraces and bedroom terrace - 5 distinct areas to enjoy outside - plus open plan interior living areas - making this an ideal house for large groups who like to divide into their own spaces for the day and regroup for meals. The kitchen is open plan with stunning views from large windows. Complete privacy within a sea of olive trees. There are endless walks and hikes through the surrounding hills and olive groves. The exquisite town Priego de Cordoba and the exceptional city of Granada are both within 50 minutes drive.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the manager
"we have had one of the best holidays ever in your beautiful house the scenery is just breathtaking and the house is like a shoot from an interiors magazine!"K,Goddard,London 2012
'We LOVED your house and had the best week ever - we so wish it could've been longer!! Yours was the best villa we stayed in so far (wonderful garden, great location - hell, we'd even have the furniture ourselves! :-)), and with some 10 holiday villa stays to date, I think that says something!' - Janny de Grauw June 2009
'Well, what a setting. I don't think I have ever spent a week in a more beautiful place. And we all loved the way you have developed the house so sympathetically with the atmospheric courtyard and the garden which looks great at the moment - perhaps its best time of year?' - Susan Elkin May 2009
'We had a wonderful time and let me congratulate you on the splendour and design of your house. It is an interesting mix of styles and excellent use of space.' - Jon Breen Aug 2009
Activity and Interests
90 min to the coast.
Nearest airport is Granada - 50 mins by car. Malaga airport is 90 mins by car. Car hire is essential.
Granada (with it's exceptional Alhambra) - 50 mins. Priego de Cordoba (beautiful town with baroque architecture) - 45 mins. Algarinejo (with excellent restaurant) - 20mins. Pretty small towns including Montefrio, Riofrio, Alhama de Granada are all within 20mins. Longer trips include Cordoba, Ubeda, Baeza - stunning Renaissance architecture within 2 hours drive. The Sierra Nevada - the highest mountain range in Spain, and the pretty Alpujarran villages can be reached within an hour and a half.
There is an exceptional restaurant called Piolas which features a 10 course degustation menu - it's in the village of Algarinejo, 20 mins from the house.
The village of Ventorros de San Jose is 5 mins by car and offers small supermarkets, bakers, internet cafe, bars, banks and petrol station.
Larger supermarkets can be found in Huetor Tajar - approx 20mins drive.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
2 Oct 2016 - 26 Dec 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
A 25% deposit is taken to secure the booking. The full rental sum is payable two months ahead of your stay.
Our changeover day is Saturday. Outgoing guests leave by 10am and incoming guests arrive from 4pm - giving us time to prepare the house. If you need flexibility on this we will do our best to accommodate.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in UK pounds.
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 4 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 5 - Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 1 - with large shower, wooden sink, and wc. Bathroom 2 - with shower and wc - en-suite to bedroom 3. Bathroom 3 - with shower and wc - en-suite to bedroom wc. Bathroom 4 - with shower and wc - upstairs. Bathroom 5 - outdoor shower near pool.
- 8 Bedrooms, Sleeps 14
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Bedroom 6
- Bedroom 7
- Bedroom 8
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 14 (8 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed Bedroom 2 with double bed and terrace Bedroom 3 with double bed and ensuite Bedroom 4 with double bed and ensuite Bedroom 5 with double bed Bedroom 6 with twin beds Bedroom 7 with single bed Bedroom 8 with 2 single beds
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Stone walls make the house naturally cool in Summer. Room fans are also provided. Log fires and radiators are used in Winter. Each room is decorated in a unique style and well appointed with antiques and artworks.There is satellite internet access, which is WIFI The house is ideal for groups of families - we often stay here with 3 separate families and we have equipment for children of various ages: 2 cots, toys, books, potty, bouncy infant chair etc. In our family children of all ages enjoy the house - however, small children should be supervised at all times in the pool and roof terrace areas. Outside: The vine covered courtyard garden is 150 square metres and includes 3 separate built in shaded seating areas with cushions. The dining terrace is 40 square metres and includes barbecue and hardwood table and chairs. There's a 40 square metre roof terrace with stunning views but not suitable for children. Bedroom 4 has its own private terrace with a panoramic view. The circular pool terrace is approx 45 square metres and includes sunloungers and deck chairs plus seating area beneath an oak tree. The pool is 12 x 5 metres and entirely private. There are lights in the courtyard and pool areas. The house and garden are set within 2 acres of private olive groves - over 100 olive trees plus 20 fruit trees and 5 ancient holm oak trees. This land is surrounded by thousands of olive trees and farmland with the village and mountains visible in the distance. As you can see from the photo of the view, only one house is visible from the property - our nearest neighbour - about 100metres away. Utility Room: Includes washing machine, tumble dryer, spare towels,pool towels and bed linen Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: The house is cleaned and towels and linen provided at the beginning of your stay. Extra towels and linen are also provided. Extra cleaning can be provided at a reasonable cost if you wish. Welcome pack provided - extra shopping can be arranged. Other: All the rooms are decorated in a unique style and well appointed with antiques and artworks. We often stay at the house with 2 other families and we have equipment and for children of various ages: 2 cots, toys, books, potty, bouncy infant chair.