Villa in Todi (Cordigliano) Umbria, Italy -Peaceful Location,Views of Todi and Tiber Valley
This property (about 6.000 sq.m.), called l'Olivetta, is located on a hilltop at about 15 min drive from Todi and is surrounded by fields, olive trees and oak woods. It is approached by a 3km country white lane crossing a charming countryside. The views is really special because from every point of the property you can admire different landscapes: green hills, Todi, with its Consolazione church by Bramante, the Tiber valley. The house (about 250 sq.m.) is standing in its own land, part lawned garden and part olive grove. The patio, just outside the dining room, is large and pleasant for outdoor living. It is well furnished and suitable to have lunch or dinner or to simply relax while enjoying the views of Todi. Accommodation is very comfortable. The private swimming pool, is located among the olive trees, side away the house. Access to the property is through an electrically controlled automatic iron gate.
About the Owner
We live in Rome. I was project manager in a congress organization company and now I am dedicating myself to my hobbies such as music (I am singing in a polyphonic chorus) and bijoux creations. My husband is professor of vascular surgery at the University. We have
three daughters: one is lawyer, the other is finishing a post graduate ph. dr. in history of international relationships, the third one is studying law at the University. Besides, we have two cats who are part of the family! We spend most of our weekends in our house in Todi but in summertime we also like to go to the seaside.
Guestbook comments from the owner
Our stay in your property was very pleasant.The beautiful stone-built house was very comfortable and the view of Todi at dawn and of the Tiber valley at sunset were unforgettable. We spent relaxing days in the splendid swimming pool. All around was superb.It was easy to reach and enjoy more than one of the most beautiful places in Umbria.The atmosphere was unique, far from the chaos. We will come back. D. and U.Sebastiani.Aug 2009
I wanted to say how lovely it was to stay in L'Olivetta and what a a perfect location it is.The house was so very comfortable. It is a very beautiful part of the world and there is still so much to see. I hope very much to return next year.S.Corden-Lloyd. Aug 2010
We had a fantastic holiday in your house. You made the whole holiday very special. We loved the house position, the privacy, the quiet, the swimming pool and eating outside. We visited many places nearby and I am sure we will be back soon. D.and L.Wombell. Aug 2010
From the Owner
“We bought this property because we love very much countryside and this area is one of the most beautiful and rich of art here in Italy. In this place you are immersed in a fantastic nature far from the crowds but you are also well connected to many typical villages and beautiful towns that offer you all you can desire.We really relax when we stay there and in the same time, we have the opportunity to visit places of art, eat in good restaurants and make sports.”
Activity and Interests
The nearest beaches are on Tuscany coast at about 2 hours 30 min drive (Capalbio, Ansedonia etc).
Nearest airport: Perugia 45km. Rome Fiumicino or Ciampino 140km. Nearest railway: Orte (South about 65km). Orvieto (North about 40km). Nearest superstrada: E45 at 10km. Nearest highway: A1 (North: exit Orvieto - South: exit Orte).
The nearest village (very nice) is Pontecuti (ten minutes drive), where you can find a small coffee shop. The nearest shops, pharmacy, bank and supermarket (EMI)are in Ponterio just off the exit of the Superstrada E45 (15 min. drive) The nearest town is Todi (15 min drive)where there are a lot of shops, good restaurants and several churches and places of interest.
In summer time there are a number of food and musical festivals in Todi but also in quite all the other Umbrian villages and towns. Bevagna, Montefalco, Assisi, Orvieto, Spoleto, Perugia are all very beautiful and interesting medieval towns at less than 45 min. drive. The jazz festival in Perugia and the Spoleto festival are famous all around the world. Monte Castello di Vibio (20 min. drive) is a very nice village where you can visit the smallest classic theatre in the world. Deruta is famous for pottery and ceramics production. Everywhere you can find good restaurants, where you can taste and appreciate umbrian specialties. Rome and Florence are feasible for a day trip or a weekend.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
4 Jun 2016 - 1 Jul 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
2 Jul 2016 - 27 Aug 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
28 Aug 2016 - 24 Sep 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£456|
On booking, a 30% deposit shall be paid. The balance must be paid four weeks before rental period begins. A 600 euros refundable deposit against breakage shall be paid upon arrival. The deposit will be returned in three weeks. Prices are for the rental of the property per week and in euros. Rates include garden and pool services.
Changeover day is Saturday. Guests should arrive on Saturday between 4pm and 5pm and leave not later than 10 am on the date of their departure.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the rental of the property per week and in euros. Rates include also garden and pool services.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Our property is located in a very special area on the top of an hill. The view is fantastic and this was what especially attracted us when we saw it for the first time. From the house you can see the Tiber valley, Todi with its famous "Consolazione" church and, from each side, the marvelous countryside.As in summertime we often go to the seaside, we will be glad to rent our house to people who love and respect countryside like us.”
- Ceiling Fans
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Room
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- pets considered
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- En-suite to bedroom 1 with shower, WC, bidet and wash-hand basin. 1st floor bathroom with bath, WC, bidet and wash-hand basin. 1st floor bathroom with shower, WC, bidet and wash hand basin.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 (ground floor) with double bed and en-suite. Bedroom 2 with double bed. Bedroom 3 with double bed. Bedroom 4 with twin beds.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Fans are 4 and are mobile. Hairdryer in every bathroom. 1 small and 1 normal vacuum cleaner. All windows and door windows are provided of mosquito nets. A car is indispensable to reach l'Olivetta. There is no telephone in the house, therefore you should be sure that your mobile phones can roam Italy's GMS network. In the house there is Wi-FI active with password. Outside: The house is surrounded by a beautiful garden. The patio is furnished with tables and chairs for 10 people and a sofa. The private pool (12x5m depth 1.15/2.15m), is in the olive grove. A pergola and an open-air shower are near the pool. Sunbeds and several beach chairs are available. Children must be accompanied by an adult when using or near the swimming pool. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen are provided and changed every Saturday. Other: Spacious dining room with ancient furniture and a dining table for 14 people. The dining room is connected to the living room