Cottage in Nefyn 30 minutes from Snowdonia on the Lleyn Peninsula, North Wales -
A cosy mid terrace cottage situated on the edge of Nefyn a small town in the heart of the Llyn peninsula and on the national Coast Path which runs for 850 miles. With beamed ceilings throughout, the cottage has a period feel but with the convenience of all electric heating and appliances. There is even a glimpse of the sea from the bedrooms. The areas most recent claim to fame is that Duffy the singer grew up in Nefyn and still visits family members locally.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
- Wonderful weather, fantastic scenery.
- Our second visit - that says a lot!
- Nice cottage, Nice area, Nice people.
- The cottage was very clean and an excellent location to explore the lovely scenery.
Activity and Interests
The mile long Nefyn beach is a ten minute walk from the cottage while more remote beaches such as 'Whistling sands' where the dry sand squeaks as you walk over it are a short drive away. Details and maps are kept in the cottage.
Those interested in natural history and walking will find plenty of interest. Last winter there were Choughs on the cliffs at Nefyn and the lanes are full of wild flowers in the spring.
Due to the distance from public transport use of a car is really essential to get around the peninsula. Pwllheli train station is approx 8 miles away. There are buses that travel between the villages.
Local food shops, bank, fish and chips, pubs and resturants are all within walking distance. Abersoch and Pwllheli with their thriving sailing and powerboat interests are an easy 20 minute drive away.
At the far end of the Peninsula Bardsey island has been noted as a place of pilgrimage since the early years of Christianity. There is a ruined abbey and the largest square lighthouse in the UK. Day trips from Aberdaron can be booked in advance from the Bardsey Trust website.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Dec 2016 - 23 Dec 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Booking is by email or phone. £100 deposit on booking with balance within a month of the holiday. Details of key collection sent with receipt of balance. Changeover is Saturdays and bookings are for a full week.
Changeover dates are Saturdays. Arrivals after 3pm and departures by 10am to allow for cleaning. Bring your own sheets, duvet covers, pillowcases and towels.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Living Room ...
- Kitchen ...
- pets considered
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom with bath and electric shower over. Heated towel rail and WC.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2nd bedroom in loft) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed. Bedroom 2 has two single beds, low ceilings so ideal for children. Not suitable for very small children as open plan staircase (stairgate at the top). Access is via the main bedroom.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: There are electric storage heaters which during the winter months are always on. At other times they can be switched on by arrangement. Outside: None as mid terrace. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Property is cleaned between each booking. Linen and towels are not supplied. Please note we book for full weeks with the change over day being a Saturday.