Townhouse at Quinta da Encosta Velha, Parque da Floresta Golf Resort - Close To The Best Beaches In Portugal
Located in the resort village of Quinta da Encosta Velha at Parque da Floresta with views of the golf course and overlooking one of the 4 communal pools.
About the Owner
I live in England with my wife, 2 children and 2 dogs. My wife and I are both partners within PWC. We spend most of our holidays in Portugal, where we have made many friends and have really fallen in love with the country.
Year purchased: 2010
We love the Algarve because of the fantastic facilities in the area. There are some beautiful, fairly unspoilt beaches and a great range of bars and restaurants. There really is something for everyone here. The area is easily accessible with Faro airport less than an hours drive away.
Guestbook comments from the owner
My wife and I and two daughters (14 and 17) love it - we have been visiting this resort in this property and another for over 15 years.
Activity and Interests
The fishing village of Salema is less than 5 minutes drive and has an excellent beach. The Western Algarve is renowned as having some of the best unspoilt beaches in Europe. There are many superb beaches within a 20 minute drive of the property - visitors are not disappointed! The area is also known as one of the best for surfing in Europe.
The nearest airport is Faro approximately a 1 hour easy drive mainly on new motorway. The drive from Lisbon Airport (worth visiting the City) is around 3 hours.
Car hire is recommended but very good value in Portugal with several International and local operators at Faro Airport.
Budens is within walking distance as are the Resort facilities. The fishing Village of Salema is just a few minutes drive.
The Regional town of Lagos is 15 minutes drive away. An excellent centre for shops restaurants and facilities. The boat trips for sight seeing (dolphins and even whales from time to time) deep sea fishing are a must. Lagos Zoo is only 15 minutes drive and well worth a visit. Also Zoo Marine with its great Dolphin show and swimming with Dolphins is around a 30 minute drive.
The resort provides a great balance of activities. Golf academy football academy (in season) scuba diving, tennis academy, horse riding, bowls. Close by are some of the very best unspoilt beaches in Europe.
There is a large supermarket 2 minutes drive away and the reception is always open to deal with any queries re bookings local restaurants taxis etc.
The SPA is rated by many as 'the best in the Algarve' and the fully equipped gym has very flexible times and good group exercise classes.
- Booking Notes:
A 30% non-refundable deposit is required to secure a booking with the balance due 8 weeks prior to departure.
Please contact the owner by telephone or email to discuss your requirements and to deal with any queries.
The 'normal' changeover day is Saturday but we are happy to be very flexible on this point. Also we are happy to be flexible on the 'normal' arrival / departure times (depending on other guest usage) of 3pm and 10am respectively.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in UK pounds.
For lets of in excess of 2 weeks discounts are available - please contact the owner for details.
- Available arrival
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- children welcome
- near the sea
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- En-suite bathroom to master bedroom with shower. Bathroom 2 with bath/shower over. Separate guest wc.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Master bedroom double bed with en-suite doors opening onto patio air conditioning. Bedroom 2 twin beds doors opening onto patio air conditioning. Bedroom 3 twin beds air conditioning.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: This is a new property built to a very high standard. The resort caters for all interests. Excellent golf a fully equipped gym, the 'best SPA in the Algarve', bowls, tennis horse riding, football training, scuba diving, childrens club, on site restaurants and close to some of the best unspoilt beaches in Europe. Outside: Our house overlooks one of four shared pools at this village resort. There are three further pools (2 outdoors 1 indoors) at the linked Parque da Floresta resort. The house has a patio balcony and great private roof terrace overlooking the golf course with sunloungers and built in BBQ. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen included (not beach towels which should be brought by guests). The property is fully prepared the day of arrival and there is a twice weekly maid service - cleaning and towel change. Other: Excellent roof terrace with built in BBQ. Terrace overlooks the 8th fairway of the golf course and is 'in the sun' all day.