Stunning 360 Degree Views and Tranquillity in the Heart of Umbria
We built this villa with our hearts after we fell in love with the location and the views - you will as well! All materials and fittings have been crafted by local artisans, from the handmade cotto floors, to the typical timber and cotto ceilings and hand forged railings, beds and lamps. The new build ensures all mods and cons including underfloor heating, new plumbing and an electrical system that will not blow on a regular basis! The house is built so as to take full advantage of the breeze to cool it in the heat of summer. Outside the garden area is fenced off to ensure your little ones will not wander off, while allowing access to the olive grove and fields above the house. The 11 x 5m infinity pool has stunning views of Todi and the Apennines with poolside lounging & eating areas. There's a shop 2km away in Quadro & full range of shops & supermarket 8km in Todi. The house is ideally placed for sightseeing with Perugia and Orvieto 40 mins by car, Florence and Sienna 2 hrs, etc.
Top Traveller Review
Excellent property in a beautiful location
About the Owner
Hello, my name is Orietta and I was born in Italy; I have two children who were born in Russia. My parents and siblings are scattered across Europe and our extended family across the world. We love to travel, meet new people, sample different cultures and cuisines. We are also active sportspeople, my favourite is diving, my son's skiing & sailing and both children will turn their hand at anything new and exciting! Crans is a place I have been visiting since 1963 and many of my happy childhood memories come from here.
5 based on 4 holidaymaker reviews
Excellent property in a beautiful location
Our group of six people spent a glorious week in this beautiful villa. The rooms are spacious, the beds are comfortable, and the pool area is inviting and has a spectacular view over the surrounding hills. The villa is clean with modern amenities and is well-maintained. The nearby towns of Todi, Orvieto, Assisi, Narni, and many others are easily accessible and offer lots of opportunities for day trips. Highly recommended!!
Amazing place for a calm vacation
My family and our friends stayed here for a week of our summer vacation. It was the perfect villa for a relaxing holiday for two families.
The villa is located high on a hillside facing south and has a stunning view of Todi. The infinity pool is perfect and is surrounded by areas with grass, which is great for playing and sunbathing. The house is really beautiful with nice bathrooms and bedrooms in different levels.
Cristina, who takes care of the house and welcomed us at our arrival, is very service-minded, even though she only speaks Italian. We had trouble turning on the light in the pool one evening and wrote a text-message to her - five minutes later she came by to help.
Thank you Orietta for letting us stay at your great villa - we would love to come back again som time :-)
Lovely family villa in marvellous location
My family and I are regular visitors to the region and this is one of the best properties we have stayed in. A large roomy villa with great sized bedrooms, spotlessly clean and well maintained. My kids voted the swimming pool as the best. The villa is within easy reach of all local amenities and has a magnificent vista of Todi and the surrounding countryside. A fabulous place!
Great house with a fantastic view
This is a very functional and charming house.
The surroundings is lovely and the view from the porch is fantastic.
The kitchen is well equipped and with the grill outside, you can cook great Italian food :-)
Very nice with the pool.
We spend 2 weeks in this lovely spot…and enjoyed every minute
Sanne Kaltoft and family
Activity and Interests
The best place to go to for nautical pursuits is Lago Trasimeno, only 1 hr away by car just past Perugia. Here you will find sailing, wind surfing, jet skiing and water skiing.
If you are hankering for the sea, drive west to the famous island of Argentario, 2.5 hours away. And for the adrenaline junkies amongst you, how about rafting or canyoning on the Cascata delle Marmore?
There are a number of airports which you can use as the gateway to your holiday in Todi. Rome (either Fiumicino or Ciampino) only 2 hours away, Perugia (direct flights from London with Ryanair) 40 mins, Florence 2hrs and Pisa 3hrs. Due to the rural position of the villa car hire is essential, especially if you intend sightseeing.
The beautiful medieval town of Todi is only 8km from the property. There are fabulous walking routes set up by the tourist office (one just outside the property), and just a short drive will allow you to discover untold breathtaking panoramas, small borgos or unmarked churches with beautiful frescoes. Further afield Perugia is 40 mins by car, Rome and Florence 2hrs, Sienna 1.5hrs, Cortona 1hr, Orvieto 45 mins, Assisi 45 mins, Gubbio 1.5hrs.
Quadro, 2km up the road, has a church, bar, restaurant and small shop. All your food shopping, banking, medical etc. needs can be met in Todi, only 8km away. Marsciano and Perugia and their extensive shopping opportunities (including outlets) are 20 mins and 40 mins respectively. We have taken it upon ourselves to sample as many of the local (within 30 min drive) restaurants as possible and a full listing with comments is waiting for you at the villa, as well as hints on the best suppliers of local produce.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
18 Sep 2016 - 16 Jun 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
17 Jun 2017 - 16 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£600|
If you wish to have your linen changed in mid week clean please let the housekeeper know - this will incur a charge of EUR 200.
You may also organize extra cleaning days (other than the mid week one) directly with the housekeeper.
Saturday but can be flexible to fit with your plans - please contact us to discuss. The property must be vacated by 10am on the day of departure.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in euros.
Discounts available for rental over 2 weeks - contact us to discuss.
On booking, a 30% deposit is payable. The balance is to be paid 8 weeks prior to the holiday start date. A further refundable deposit of 600 pounds will be requested on payment of final balance. This will be refunded within one week of departure on confirmation from the housekeeper that nothing has been damaged/removed from the property.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Fireplace ...
- Heating ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine ...
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Kitchen ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Room
- Books ...
- DVD Player
- Television ...
- Toys ...
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome ...
- non smoking only ...
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible ...
- autumn foliage
- winery tours
- horse riding
- outlet shopping
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
- equestrian events
- water skiing
- 200 m²
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Bidet
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Bidet, En suite to Bedroom 1
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Bidet
- Bathroom 4 - Toilet, Outdoor Shower, Toilet and shower by the pool
- En-suite shower to bedroom 1 with twin basins, bidet, wc. Two more bathroom with bath/shower over, wc, basin, bidet - one serves bedrooms 2 and 3 one bedroom 4. Changing room, wc, basin and heated shower at pool.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Large Double Bed, Can be set up as twin room also
- Bedroom 3 - 1 Large Double Bed, Can be set up as twin room also
- Bedroom 4 - 2 Single Bed
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 king size bed and views of Todi. Bedrooms 2 and 3 both with twin beds - can be made into king size - views of olive grove and Quadro. Bedroom 4 with with twin beds - no views.
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Notes on accommodation: Villa is on 4 split floor levels designed to follow the slope of the land with each level approx 1 meter apart. Entrance hall, huge lounge with exposed main beam supports, dining room, kitchen and outside eating patios on one level. Stairs take you up to the master bedroom suite including walk in wardrobe and en-suite bathroom, and further up to bedrooms 2 and 3 and bathroom 2. From the lounge/living room you go down into the den/TV room/playroom, hallway, bathroom 3 and bedroom 4 - all below ground but with windows and natural light. From here you go into the basement with laundry room, extra fridge, storage and garage. The property is very spacious, full of light and finished to the highest specification with natural, handcrafted traditional materials. Outside: Coved porch with large dining table and 8 wrought iron chairs (magnificent views of Todi, pool, mountains, etc), 3 of 4 bedrooms and kitchen have own secluded patios with great views. Large private 11 x 5 m infinity (drop-off) swimming pool with stunning views all around. Cotto tiles around the 3 sides of pool with large cotto tiled eating area with table and chairs and heated shower (changing room, toilet, basin below), and stone paved area and grass with sun loungers. Pool has underwater lighting. Pool will be open from end May to mid Sept. Moveable BBQ. Large landscaped gardens with stone paths, roses, rosemary, lavender, etc and farm land with cypresses, olive trees, etc - all in keeping with the native flora. Property/land is gated and secure. Outside locally hand made wrought iron lanterns are artistically placed for both general lighting and individually for each patio area. Utility Room: Large utility/mud room with huge laundry sink, washing machine, iron and ironing table, extensive drying racks. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Linen, towels and pool towels are included. The property is cleaned on arrival and once during the week. Linen and towels can be changed mid week on request for additional charge (EUR 200). Additional maid service can be arranged for additional charge. Other: Additional fridge in basement.