Holiday Home in Hayle near St Ives, Cornwall, England - Quiet Location but Walking Distance to all Amenities and Beach, only 20 minutes from St Ives
**Please know that we will be deducting the new OD service fee from any bookings made in the next 12 months**. Characterful detached house in a quiet position, close to the beach & set back from the road. Private south-facing, secure, sub-tropical garden, with fabulous estuary views, new decking and large levelled lower lawn. Opposite a quiet local pub & a short walk to Hayle town for shops, supermarkets, restaurants, train station, recreation ground/adventure playground & other amenities. The beautiful beach is just a 15 min walk through private lanes & grassy dunes; the 3-miles of pearly sands rarely get busy and offers great views to St Ives and the Godrevy lighthouse. Patrolled by lifeguards in the summer months, the beach is ideal for all water-sports, especially surfing. Great location for exploring all Cornwall has to offer - stunning coastal walks, secluded beaches, National Trust properties and other attractions nearby. Paradise Park is less than a mile away. The house is fitted with all mod cons & is perfect for families or groups of adults. All bedrooms recently redecorated & carpeted.
Top Traveller Review
Superb well equipped holiday cottage
About the Owner
Work keeps us and our young twin boys away from Cornwall for the moment, but we spend as much time as we can in this beautiful part of the world and hope one day to live here permanently.
Guestbook comments from the owner
I am happy to say how comfortable we found your house at Phillack; our party all agree that the accommodation is very good. We took note of all the comments in the visitors book and used them as a guide to some very nice pubs and new places to visit. The weather was a little unkind this year but it was very comforting to get back to your house and make use of the log burner to put a glow back on our cheeks.
4.6 based on 14 holidaymaker reviews
Lovely welcoming house, very clean and tidy, well maintained, excellent location.
This is a lovely house, clean, tidy and well maintained. It was exactly as described with regard to nearby beach, supermarkets, etc. It was a pleasure to deal with the owner, Julie. I would certainly consider staying here again and would recommend it to friends and family. The only hassle we had was having to bring our own sheets and towels, this is not ideal when travelling by plane!
Superb well equipped holiday cottage
Spacious well equipped house within easy reach of a sandy,safe beach. Our family ranged from 7 to 70 so having attic space for teenagers a bonus. The owners attention to detail first class. The terraced garden with magnificent views over the estuary was a great place to get together in the evenings. Everyone had a great time -thanks
Absolutely brilliant holiday!
We had previously stayed in Hayle so knew this was where we wanted to be, one of the pubs we liked was the 'Bucket of Blood' so as soon as we found this house we knew we wanted to stay as its right opposite the pub! The house is beautiful, stunning views, plenty of room for us all (4 adults and 4 children) everything we needed was available from kids plates and cups to dishwasher and sky tv! Not that we did much tv watching! This part of Cornwall is so beautiful. We struck lucky with the weather so we were on the beach most days but we managed days out to St Michaels Mount, Healey's Cyder Farm, Roskilly's ice cream farm, Charlestown and St Ives. The house was a great base and the garden area was so peaceful and provided great space for the children. The owner is fantastic and provided us with all the info we needed. So fantastic we decided to book again for next year.
We had a lovely stay in the house with our 2 young children. The house is very well equipped and the owner was very prompt in dealing with any issues. Great house. Great location.
A lovely clean house, with everything we needed for a holiday with our 2 year old daughter. The house is well situated, for the beach at Gwithian or Godrevy or to access the many attractions of West Cornwall, either north or south coast.
Great service from the owner who was very helpful, enjoyed our stay.
lovely homely house
house was as described it made you feel at home straight away ,it was clean and there wasn't anything that they hadn't thought of in terms of things you might need on holiday, its close to the beach, has a good pub just across the road, a minute from Hayle with loads of shops and the garden was beautiful, we will be booking again next year and have already told loads of friends and family.
From the Owner
“We have great friends in Cornwall and it was while visiting them that we fell in love with Phillack. It's a lovely (and little known) village on the hill overlooking the estuary & Hayle. We couldn't believe that such a place existed yet isn't totally over-run by tourists like St Ives five miles away! Easy to reach by train or on the A30 (with no windy one-track roads to navigate like in other areas of Cornwall!) it's just a beautiful part of the world. We couldn't believe our luck when this house came on the market, in such a great location but with such privacy and with estuary views. Now we've added the wood-burning stove and equipped it with everything we need for a relaxing break, it's our favourite place in the world, and we love hearing how others have enjoy it too.”
Activity and Interests
The local beach (St Ives Bay) is a 10 minutes walk through private lanes & over grassland. With simply stunning views it is ideal for long walks - to Gwithian for a cup of hot chocolate in the Sunset Cafe, or further to the National Trust-run Godrevy Cafe overlooking the lighthouse. The beach is patrolled by lifeguards in summer and is very safe to swim at thanks to the lack of rocks and gently sloping soft sand. Many other beaches and secluded bays within 20 mile radius.
Walking distance from Hayle main-line train station (5 hours from Paddington direct – sleeper service available). Newquay Airport 33 miles/45 mins away (the local car hire company can deliver a vehicle to the airport). Use of a car is recommended to explore the many attractions, although not necessary as town has shop, post office, pubs, restaurants, and there is a good train and bus network.
Co-op, Lidl and Marks & Spencers all within walking distance. Tesco will deliver. Outdoor swimming pool (summer only): 10 mins walk. Paradise park: 2 miles. St Ives: 7 miles. St Michaels Mount: 7 miles. Land’s End: 18 miles. Jamie Oliver’s '15' Restaurant: 27 miles. Padstow: 38 miles. Eden Project: 41 miles. Windsurfing, surfing, kiteboarding, climbing, kayaking, coasteering, wakeboarding, fishing, sailing, cycling and golf hire & tuition all available locally.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
Oct Half Term 2015
22 Oct 2016 - 28 Oct 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
29 Oct 2016 - 16 Dec 2016
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
17 Dec 2016 - 7 Jan 2017
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£200|
Changeover day is Saturday in high season - there is some flexibility in low/mid season. Arrival time is after 3pm, please vacate the house by 10am to allow for cleaning.
Animals and smoking are not permitted in the property.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in UK pounds. The weekly charges include reasonable use of oil, electricity and broadband internet connection if required.
Short breaks and stays for periods +/- 7 days are possible in mid/low season - contact us to check dates.
Receipt of your deposit will be deemed as acceptance of our terms & conditions:
Terms & Conditions
25% holding deposit is non-refundable
50% of total rental amount is refundable if cancellation made between 4 and 2 weeks prior to arrival date.
Your damage deposit will be refunded 7 days after the last day of your rental period, subject to cleaner’s inventory report.
Payment of deposit indicates that you take full responsibility for children in the house & garden, and that you agree to supervise them at all times.
Please ensure you have adequate travel insurance to cover your personal possessions for the duration of your stay in the ho
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The best thing about the house is the garden. With a terraced lawn overlooking the estuary & Hayle, it's completely private and gets the sun most of the day... a wonderfully peaceful place to relax. The second best thing is the pub opposite the house! It is a quiet 'country' pub, renowned in the area for great food (in high season) and good ale. The other main benefit of the house is it's location: within walking distance in one direction to the beach, and in the other to town for the Co-op supermarket, surf shop and other amenities. We've kitted the house out with everything we would want for a relaxing break, so hope other people find that it has everything they need. A fully equipped kitchen, comfortable beds and little useful things you can borrow like games, jigsaws, maps and umbrellas, as well as games and toys for kids should hopefully help people enjoy their stay.”
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove ...
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- DVD Player
- Games ...
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Toys ...
- Video Library
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome ...
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed ...
- wheelchair inaccessible ...
- Ground floor WC - Toilet, Small cloakroom
- Master bedroom en-suite - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Family bathroom - Bath with Shower, Basin and bath with shower
- First floor separate WC - Toilet, Toilet and basin
- Large modern en suite shower room to bedroom 1 with WC, bidet, basin, large shower cubicle & electric towel radiator. Large tiled family bathroom with bath/shower, WC & electric towel radiator. 1st floor WC & basin. Downstairs cloakroom with wc & basin.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 2 - 2 single beds, can be made double or stacked to make single
- Attic twin bedroom - 2 Single Bed, Can be made into a double. Room in attic so sloping roof.
- Master bedroom - 1 Large Double Bed, 1 Cot, Can fit a travel cot - we have two in the house for your use
- Very small attic single room - 1 Single Bed, 1 single and 1 fold out bed - suitable for 1 adult or 2 kids
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 7/8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bed 1: King-size bed. Bed 2: Stacker bed - single or double/twin. Bed 3: Attic room with pull-out bed - single or double/twin. Bed 4: Attic room with single bed (with armchair that folds out to single bed - small so only suitable for a child).
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Please note that you will need to bring your own linen (ie. duvet covers, pillow cases, sheets and towels). We provide: duvets & pillows, t-towels & bath mats. This is a non-smoking house and pets are not permitted so it's perfect for families with allergies. The house has an oil-fired boiler & full central heating. We have this equipement in the house for children: 2 x travel cots, a stair barrier, a backpack for carrying kids to beach, a box of toys, some Lego, some Duplo, a changing mat, a high chair and a clip on baby chair for the dining table. Outside: There is parking for three cars in a private driveway. Secluded rear garden with large lawn and tiered beds landscaped with exotic sub-tropical plants. New for 2012: Large levelled and lawned lower area: great for ball games and badminton! New hedges and fence for added security. Small covered sand pit for little ones to play in. A BBQ and large outdoor table with 6 chairs are in the garden for your use. Parents: please be aware that small children should be supervised at all times in the garden. Utility Room: Washing machine, stainless steel sink, under-counter freezer, recycle boxes.