2 luxury log cabins in Wick, Nr. Bath, Somerset, England - Only 7 miles From Bath City Centre
Two Luxury detached 2 bedroom self catering log cabins.
The Linden Cabin & The Pine, in total sleeping 16.
The Linden Cabin
Bedroom 1 - 4 singles (1 bunk )
Bedroom 2 - 1 double
Living area - Double sofa bed, kitchen, lounge TV.
The Linden has a Wet room style bathroom.
The Pine Cabin
Bedroom 1 - 1 bunk and one pull out single/double (sleeping 4)
Bedroom 2 - 1 bunk and one pull out single/double (sleeping 4)
Living area has large dining table seating 14, TV, dvd and iPod speaker, large kitchen fully equipped
Bathroom with shower/bath.
The log cabins feature your own personal hot tub which looks out on to the beautiful countryside.
Private parking,6/8 vehicles, fire pit, BBQ, fenced garden with outstanding views
It's just 10 minute drive from Bath city centre, and 35 min drive to Bristol, picturesque walks and 2 lovely country pubs just 1/2 mile & 1 mile walk plus 2 golf courses near by.
You will find yourself in a mellow, calm environment, it's the perfect location to relax and get away from the stresses of life. Set in an area of outstanding natural beauty.These properties are ideal for hen parties
We require a damage deposit of £250 for hen parties and £500 for mixed and stags returnable once you have left the property in a good, tidy state.
PLEASE ONLY PAY INTO JIM MCALINDENS ACCOUNT OR SEND CHEQUE TO WESTBARN, WICK, BRISTOL. THIS IS TO RULE OUT ANY FRAUD. WE DO NOT HAVE A FOREIGN BANK ACCOUNT.
MINIMUM OF TWO NIGHTS ONLY
PLEASE ONLY CONTACT US ON MCALINDENPROPERTY@HOTMAIL.COM OR ALTERNATIVELY RING JOSS ON 07738381618 AND HE WILL INSTRUCT YOU ON WHERE TO EMAIL US.
Top Traveller Review
A cosy retreat for a weekend away with friends
About the Owner
Hi my name is Jim Mcalinden and I'm a 48years old property developer in Bath, I do residential and holiday lets in bath and about 5 years ago built 2 log cabins in the grounds of my house which overlooks the hills of Lansdown, Bath. I also have 3 flats in bath, let for holidays and hen parties All my properties are in 5 star condition and furnished to a very high standard as I would if I stayed there myself.
Guestbook comments from the owner
Well we had the best of both worlds, country views, hot tub and bbq , then into bath for resturants clubs and the bath spa totally loved it thank you , shelly and the hens ,
This was a bit different but was absolutely fantastic , massive garden area with the hot tub , and bath only 10 min away for the night out thanks jim ,amy and the girls ,
4.3 based on 8 holidaymaker reviews
I have never stayed in such bad accommodation
Under the “Location” tab on the OwnersDirect website, the location of the property is falsely advertised to be in Batheaston near Bath and claims to be 10 minutes from the centre of Bath. However, two weeks prior to our stay, the owner contacted us to give us the address for the property, which is in Wick, South Gloucestershire, over 20 minutes away from Bath.It increased the costs of our stay significantly given that our taxi journeys were far more expensive than anticipated.
The internet advertisement for the Linden cabins accommodation uses the word “luxury”. I found the Linden Cabin to be of a very low unacceptable standard. Pine was better but overcrowded. In Linden:
1. The double bedroom has no opening window
2. The other bedroom which has 4 beds including a bunk bed and 2 singles is overcrowded as the beds are so close together there is little room to move and store your belongings
3. The pull out double bed in the kitchen had a soiled mattress and no Carbon Monoxide detector could be seen even though the gas boiler was in the kitchen. Sleeping in the kitchen for 2 people on a soiled mattress is not luxury
4. The bedroom carpet was sticky and probably needed a good clean
5. The kitchen was falling apart and may look good in the photos but is unfit to be classed as luxury. The plinth fell off easily and was difficult to put back, the units were of a cheap design and well used, the crockery and cutlery were mismatched
6. The log cabin had not been cleaned properly – old wipes and rubbish were found behind the bed
7. The only bathroom for 8 people had a swollen door due to the damp that would not close properly, could not be locked and had to be pushed hard to open even from just pulling to
8. The shower in the bathroom was a wet room and by the smell after a few people had had a shower was obviously leaking or maybe the drain was incorrectly designed as the terrible smell of damp which built up over the weekend seeped into the floor and into the double bedroom which had no opening window .9. The only bathroom and toilet (one bathroom and toilet for 8 people is not luxury) was off the double bedroom which had no opening window therefore those sleeping in the kitchen and the other bedroom had to walk through this bedroom to get to the toilet and shower, definitely not luxury. In comparison to the Linden cabin at Wick, the Travelodge would be real luxury. The house whose garden we were in had also been let out to a loud stag do.
A cosy retreat for a weekend away with friends
My friends and I had a lovely two night stay at the log cabins. Everything was just as described in the listing description - the showers were excellent and the kitchens were well equipped to serve our party size (10 & baby). The venue was easy to find and a short car ride from Bath Spa train station (about 10 minutes) to pick up friends coming from all over the UK. Jim and Joss were very helpful and quick to respond to queries we had prior to the booking. We enjoyed going on walks in the surrounding countryside and visiting the local pub. The hot tub was excellent, in spite of the rain we made sure we enjoyed it! We would definitely recommend this place - great value for money. Thanks again to Jim and Joss.
Great for a sunny hen weekend
12 of us stayed in the cabins for a friend's hen weekend. The location was brilliant, felt like you were in the countryside and only a short journey to Bath centre.
Excellent space for 12 inside or out for dining and we loved the hot tub!
We used Rita to take us in and out of Bath, she was very flexible and always on time to pick us up.
Perfect for a hen wknd
The pictures are true to life- they give a fair and accurate representation of the property. A group of 14 of us stayed here for a friend's hen wknd and it was the perfect setting for what we wanted. The scenery is absolutely stunning!
The property is within easy reach of both Bristol and Bath. We had a night in on the Friday and went out in Bath on the Saturday, which we found to be a lovely place! There's plenty of day activities available too- we opted for boating, which was great fun.
As with previous reviews I would second the positive comments about Rita's taxis that the property owner recommends. They have a minibus so our party was able to travel everywhere together and all of the drivers; Rita, Martyn and Stewart were professional, incredibly friendly, punctual and flexible. Their service was excellent!
Two minor points to consider were that no tea towels were provided and we found there was a lack of cooking utensils- baking trays etc... which made cooking on the Friday evening a little difficult. All in all though, we had a wonderful time at this property and it was perfect for what we wanted!
Great group accommodation
Booked the lodges for a friend's stag in Bristol, Loads of room, excellent facilities and great location- easy access to Bristol city centre for a night out.
Absolutely loved this place!
A group of us (nine on the Friday night, eight on the Saturday night) stayed here in April for a Hen Party weekend. The location is beautiful - stunning views, beautiful cabins and the hot tub went down a storm! The Friday was our chill out day, so we did party games, ate food, drank Prosecco, sat in the hot tub, built a fire and had a brilliant time - the Hen said she'd never laughed so much. There was plenty of room for us, and we used the big table in the Pine Cabin to have everyone round for breakfast and for when we all ate and drank together.
Jim was really easy to work with and booking the place was simple as. We used Rita's Taxis (a recommendation from Jim) for all our trips in and out of Bath (it takes at least 20 minutes, when busy due to traffic, to get into the city centre - so factor that into your plans). We couldn't recommend Rita and her husband, Martyn, highly enough. They were really friendly, always on time, looked after us and even changed some timings for us with no fuss.
We have given Jim some feedback on what can make this place even more better, but for any group or indeed for a family getaway wanting some privacy and a great location for being able to relax and have a fun time, then I definitely recommend this place.
Just make sure you read the map that Jim provides you and don't just depend on your Sat Nav!
Kelly and the Hen Party (17-19 April 2015)
From the Owner
“These cabins are in there own grounds with parking , over looking lansdown hills just 10 min from bath”
Activity and Interests
Bristol international airport is approx 35 min drive.
From Bath train station approx 15 min drive.
Ideal for hen parties and stag parties
Activities available close by such as, Golfing, and horse racing
The beautiful Georgian city of bath with glorious shops restaurants and nightclubs and the well known thermal spa is just a 10 min drive.
Mini bus service costs £10 each return into Bath.
There are also numerous sites and activities along with all the various small villages such as Castle Combe, Laycock, Stonehenge, Longleat safari, Wells etc.
There is 2 local pubs 1 mile and 1/2 mile walk away with excellent food
MINIMUM OF TWO NIGHTS
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£250|
Please contact owner for details by email email@example.com , or tel 07831490280 JIM for payment details we do not have a foreign bank ac
HSBC ENGLISH AC SORRY MIN 2 NIGHTS
Please contact owner for details.
Notes on prices:
Week end Prices per night in UK pounds. £700 per night. Min 2 nights , ,plus a £400 cleaning / damage deposit payable with last payment refundable ,THIS PROPERTY IS MIN 2 NIGHTS
50% deposit payable on booking balance 1 month prior with damage deposit
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Built new 8 yrs ago, private hot tub / fire pit and bbq garden and private parking”
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Room
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Hot Tub
- Private Chef
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- bird watching
- horse riding
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- 1 en-suite wet room. (Linden) 1 bathroom with shower over the bath (Pine)
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 16
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps up to 16 (4 bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Linden Cabin Bedroom 1 with double bed. Living area has a double sofa bed Bedroom 2 with2 singles and bunk bed. Pine Cabin Bedroom 1, 1 bunk and one single/ double converting Bedroom 2, 1 bunk and one single/double converting
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Cot/High chair (to be requested in advance).SORRY NO TOWELS Outside: The garden outside the cabins are the most delightful aspect about this holiday retreat. You will have your own personal hot tub which looks out onto the spectacular views of Lansdown Bath. Enjoy the sun lounge area and why not make use of the barbecue while you watch the sunset in the evening. There is a sun lounge area outside the cabins and table and chairs for afternoon tea and a barbecue ,also a fire pit to sit around in the evenings. Cleaning / / Linen / Linen supplied Sorry no towels Other: Private Hot tub./ bbq and outside Table and chairs to sit 16 , plus sun loungers and a hammock , fire pit . Private secure parking