Apartment in Ericeira, Lisbon Coast, Portugal - Idyllic Setting, 10 mins from Village, Rapid Access to via highway to Lisbon, Airport & Golf
Spacious modern apartment in a secure, gated estate with fabulous setting complete with pool and magnificent sea view. Ideal for the perfect family holiday with a private play area for kids. Perfect for lovers of golf, surfing and other water sports. Walking distance from Ericeira's renowned sea food restaurants and idyllic beaches. 3 minutes from new Highway offering easy access to Lisbon (30 minutes), airport and A1 and A8 highways to the North. Short drive to Cascais, Mafra and Sintra.
Top Traveller Review
So good we're going back next year!So good we're going back next year!
All in all a fantastic holiday. Highly recommend.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
In August last year, I booked a holiday to Portugal using the Owner’s Direct website. Everything was straight forward with regards to payment. It was really stress free. On arrival in Portugal we were not disappointed!! The apartment is even more beautiful than the pictures on the website suggest. It is spacious clean, airy, has all the mod-cons and is on an elevated position so has lovely views and is very child friendly. It was also nice to just lie by the pool. The apartment was well equipped for dining in but we chose to eat out most nights. There are lots of activities in the area particularly for enthusiasts (surf, golf, jogging, beaches). I would highly recommend this apartment and Ericeira. I will definitely return! Emma LAMONT – Scotland: (September 2012).
We stayed for 1 week in George's apartment in Ericeira and had a great holiday. With a very nice apartment, a great town and beaches, places like Lisbon, Obidos, Cascais or Sintra nearby for a day visit, and a helpfu
3.6 based on 5 holidaymaker reviews
So good we're going back next year!
We are a family of 4 - parents and 2 children aged 17 and 11. We have just spent 12 days at George's apartment in Ericiera and enjoyed our holiday so much we will very likely return next year. The apartment is very spacious and well furnished. The kitchen has all mod cons and is a good size. Very often kitchens in holiday apartments are too small. Three toilets and 2 bathrooms with very large bedrooms meant everyone had their own space if they needed it. The wi-fi was excellent (a must for the children) and the television worked well. There are plenty of Fox channels which are all English-speaking. The pool area was great. Not busy at all and the perfect place to relax when the weather was good. The weather was fine the first week but cloudy for a couple of days before we came home. But that's just the luck of the draw. The beaches in Ericeira were great and the restaurants fantastic. Lisbon is only about 40 minutes by car and we visited a couple of times - beautiful city well worth a visit.
All in all a fantastic holiday. Highly recommend.
Wholly inaccurate response from owner.
Owners response to our critical review of his apt, is wholly incorrect. Apart from not addressing any issues about shower, mattress, wifi etc etc, at no stage before we booked was it discussed that it was damp! Also we had glorious weather every day, balmy and hot. It was to rain the day we left. From local knowledge there was not any heavy rains before we arrived. I have lived near the Atlantic and now near the Irish Sea all my life, to suggest it's necessary to always have a humidifier is nonsense. The owner seemed delighted to rent in september, we didn't avail of any discount as we left after seven days instead of ten.
Not accurate listing from several points.
Having recently returned from a holiday in the wonderful Ericeira area, staying in this property. I agree with previous review on all points re proximity to supermarket and town. Also Wifi and sky remote didn't, work which was a problem for us as my husband needed to stay connected to his office. Not bothered about TV stations, but we could not even watch a dvd, despite buying batteries for all remotes. Our biggest problems were, overwhelming dampness and musty smell, especially of sofas. Clogged overflowing shower, we tried to clear and clean, but to no avail, lots of brown grunge and hair. We did contact owner about these issues, but he ignored all. Our mattress was blood stained on both side, the pillows and under sheet very stained. All in all a disaster, my husband has asthma and the rising damp was a big issue for us. We filled a humidifier 8 times in a few days. This apt looks great on first inspection, but alas, it is not " luxurious ", or of a safe standard. We booked 10 days, but left after 7. We had enough of all of the above.
We have been to this area several times, know it well and love it, but this apt was shocking.
Michael and Fid. Dublin.
We booked the apartment early and experienced excellent service from the owner who was responsive and helpful throughout the whole process. The apartment is ideal for a family or group of friends, sleeping 6 in comfortable and well appointed accommodation. The kitchen has all mod-cons - the bedrooms, dining and living area are lovely and the multiple bathrooms give everyone their privacy. Our teenage children enjoyed easy internet access and a wide screen TV to watch DVDs. The pool area is in immaculately kept grounds with direct access from the balcony/patio where we sat out with stunning views of the Atlantic.
Ericeira is a lovely unspoilt town with great restaurants, supermarkets and easy motorway access to Lisbon, Sintra, Mafra and Cascais - there is also an excellent local market with fresh meat, fruit & veg and amazing seafood (well worth a visit). We were able to intersperse lazy days by the pool and local beaches with visits to these wonderful places (Lisbon is a must). You do need a car to make the most of the area, but the price of our flights and accommodation made this affordable.
Satisfactory - just
Listing description was inaccurate
- Sky TV is not fully functioning, apart from QVC etc., the only channel is sky news.
- The TV remote controls don't work and they need to for the DVD to be fully functional
- The barbeque was rusty and unusable and certainly not fit for an apartment which can host 6+ guests; it was a 1/2 person barbeque
- The apartment doesn't have internet access at all; we were directed to use the neighbours wifi
Apartment is spacious and well equipped, although if you arrive late at night, request the owner to arrange having some basic supplies available for you on arrival - there wasn't even a toilet roll available when we arrived at 9pm. Luckily we were able to go to a local supermarket before closing time.
The Lidl is not reasonably walkable, the mini preco is just about walkable, but not if you are planning to carry a large shop back.
You need a car for this apartment.
Ericiera is walkable, but its about 15-20 mins down into the village and longer to walk back uphill.
Despite asking a number of times for the Sky TV to be fixed, and being told he was trying to contact an engineer, the owner was unable to do this any time throughout the entire 2 weeks we were there. I would be very surprised if this is at all different for future guests.
The pool and grounds are good, and quite under utilised, so its a great place to relax.
The property was clean.
Activity and Interests
5 minute drive from several magnificent beaches including the recently renovated Foz da Lizandro, Sao Sebastiao and Ribera d'Illhas (site of annual world surfing championship event). There is a multitude of excellent sea food restaurants in both Ericeira and near by Ribamar.
30 minutes from Lisbon, 25 minutes drive from the UNESCO heritage site, Sintra National Park. 10 minutes from Mafra. 40 minutes from Cascais. 3 minutes from new Highway offering easy access to Lisbon, the airport and the A1 and A8 highways to Tores Vedras, Obidos and Oporto to the North. Direct flights are available to Lisbon from Manchester, Heathrow, Gatwick, Luton, Birmingham among st other major British cities.
500 metres from Mini Preco and Lidl supermarkets
1km to Ericeira village with its shopping area and bars and restaurants
5km from Ribamar
7km to Mafra
35km from Lisbon
20km from Sintra
35km from Cascais, and Estoril
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
If you are interested in our property, please contact us to confirm or reserve available dates. A 30% deposit will be required at the time of booking and the balance (70%) is payable 8 weeks prior to arrival in Ericeira.
Please note that as is the norm in Portugal, changeover day is Saturday.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- Heated Pool
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- En-suite bathroom to bedroom 1 with an extra large power shower, double sink, bidet, wc. 2nd Bathroom with bath/shower over, wc, bidet and wc. Separate wc.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed, portable camp bed and en suite bathroom. Bedroom 2 with double bed. Bedroom 3 with 2 x single beds.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Perfect for golf lovers with 7 of Portugal's finest courses within 45 minutes drive (Oitavos, Quinta da Marinha, Pena Longa, Belas, Estoril, Campo Real and Praia del Rey - ranked No. 1 in Portugal and 14th in Europe). 5 minute drive from several magnificent beaches including the recently renovated Foz da Lizandro, Sao Sebastiao and Ribera d'Illhas (site of annual world surfing championship event). Excellent sea food restaurants in Ericeira and near by Ribamar. Outside: 20m² balcony with direct access to gardens, childrens' play area and outdoor heated swimming pool. Breathtaking seaview over-looking Ericeira village and the Atlantic Ocean. Gas BBQ, pool loungers, 2 x deck chairs etc. Utility Room: hoover, iron, ironing board, BBQ, hair dryer, hair straightner, baby cot, baby high chair etc... Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: This property will be fully cleaned and prepared for your arrival. Linen and bathroom towels are provided. Additional cleaning, change of linen, etc can be made available by prior arrangement for an additional charge. Other: 20m² south facing balcony offering direct access to the pool. 8 seater table and chairs, external electric lighting for romantic dinners with breathtaking sea view. Gas BBQ and 2 x lounge chairs for some extra sun while appreciating the evening sunsets!