Traditional Villa in Eresos, Lesvos, Greece - 3 Miles from Beach
Villa Notia was impeccably and lovingly restored to the highest standards in 2007 using natural materials of stone and wood, and with full attention to the architectural style of an old Greek residence. Although traditional in style, with handcrafted furniture and fittings designed by the owners, it conforms to the demands of a modern residence with all necessary conforts including central heating, and DSL fast internet connection. Villa Notia is situated in the middle of the preserved traditional area of Eresos close to the Byzantine church of the Virgin Mary (circa.1100AD).The ambience of the area is peaceful and tranquil, but is just a 5 minute walk from the central square with its market, tavernas and traditional cafe under the old plane trees. It is 3 miles from the beautiful beach and centre of Skala Eresou.
Top Traveller Review
Eresos' most beautiful houseEresos' most beautiful house
About the Owner
We first visited eressos as university students, in the beginning of the 80’s and since then “never” left it. Eressos has become for us a gate for a trip through time, senses and creativity.This full of history, love and passion place,stole our hearts for good ,it has always been an inspiration and though we were not born there ,eventually it became our home.
Our big love is to find old beautiful spaces that used to be alive, try to restore and give them life again. So 16 years ago we bought and restored our first house where our daughter ,17 years old now, walked her first steps and spoke.
We bought villa Notia 3 years ago and with a lot of work and love restored it to the highest standards, with respect for its fortress architectural style,creating an essentially relaxing place!
Guestbook comments from the manager
We spent our holidays at Villa Notia last August. It felt like home, thank you for everything, you really got out of your way to please us! we are truly looking forward to our next stay. 4/09/08 Thomas Schuster from Heidelberg Germany.
What a wonderful house and what a wonderful warm welcome,we will long remember after a long journey in a cold January night... 18/01/09 Howard & Jane from England.
Thank you very much for all the help, it was a very nice holiday staying here!we really liked the house, so comfortable and beautiful! Hope to come here in the future...with love Freddy, Alex, Joyce, Tobias, Joachim and Yara from Netherlands 29/07/10 I like the farmhouse so much! Yara
5 based on 1 holidaymaker reviews
Eresos' most beautiful house
Villa Notia is a rare find in the village of Eresos. Although a beautiful village most houses are tiny and cramped. Villa Notia is unique. It is spacious, airy and light. The rooms are large and the bathrooms fantastic. It is unlikely you will find a better house in this region. Many of the renovated houses have lost their charm but this house keeps its Greek style. It is a perfect house for a family with kids, or a house to share with friends. IT has an outside courtyard for meals and kids can ride all over the village and down to the beach.
From the Owner
“Eressos village is a wonderful place to live in the summer as well as in the winter, in a peaceful and tranquil ambience , but not empty, yet it’s lively throughout the year.Walking through stone paved lanes surrounded by stone houses with red ceramic roofs and colorful flowerful courtyards.”
Activity and Interests
The sandy beach of Skala Eresou is 3.5 km from villa Notia, 30 minutes walking or 10 minutes driving, through Eresos valley. The (3 km long) beach is one of the most beautiful in Lesvos island and Greece generally, water sports/windsurfing are all available. Picturesque cafe, restaurants and elegant bars exist at the busy side of the beach, seabirds at the tranquil side after the river.
The nearest airport is in Mytilene, about 90 Km from Eresos, 1.50 hour drive to Eresos. All car hire firms are represented at the airport. Lesvos island is big and if someone wants to see it, car hire is recommended for several days, however Eresos is fantastic for walking or riding on a bike.
The nearest village to villa Notia and Eresos is the small picturesque fishing village Sigri where is the museum of natural history, referring to the petrified forest 16 km away,the village Antissa and the beautiful village of Vatousa 24 km away.
Shopping is just a 5 minute walk from the house, you can find everything in Eresos market from fresh meat ,fish and wine to other things including ones medicine.
In Skala Eresou, by the beach, you can find all sort of artistic shopps: jewllery, elegant clothes and other gifts.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Nov 2016 - 31 Mar 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
1 Apr 2017 - 30 Jun 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
1 Jul 2017 - 31 Aug 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
You may contact Theo & Aspasia by email for booking and deposits.
They will pick you up at your arrival to Eresos to guide you to villa Notia and show you the area.
Taxi accommodation from the airport to Eresos is possible on request.
We are flexible about changeover day, arrival time after 2pm and departure time before 11am.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in Euros.
Special offer prices for a couple with a kid during all seasons, contact the owners!
Long period rentals (30 days over) will be provided on application.
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Villa is in the middle of the most preserved traditional area, ideal for families or friends wishing to share the friendly ambience around the big table in the courtyard under the shady pergola, away from tourist crowds…Besides villa is only a 5 minute walk from market square of the village, where one can find food and drinks and just 3 miles from the beautiful beach of skala Eressos.”
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Music Library
- pets considered
- naturist beach
- theme parks
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- horse riding
- paddle boating
Local Services & Businesses
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- bay fishing
- water skiing
- 150 m²
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Auxiliary bathroom with shower over, sink, wc on first level. Large elegant bathroom on ground level built with stones and old ceramics with bath/shower over, sink, wc, closets, washing machine/dryer.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 7 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed. Auxiliary bedroom 2 with one sofa/sigle bed, connected with inner double door as en-suite sitting/study room to bedroom 1, extra door to corridor. Bedroom 3 with double bed. Bedroom 4 with double bed.
- Bicycles ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Villa Notia is suitable for family or/and friends that want to share the peace and serenity of life in a traditional Greek village.Children have a large outdoor yard to play while adults can relax under the shady pergola. Villa Notia is suitable for winter time also, due to the central heating and other facilities like DSL fast internet access, turns into an ideal home for someone who is interested in working from long distance abroad for certain season. Two mountain bikes are included in the house facilities for trekking around the picturesque valley and quiet distance beach in the area. Outside: The outdoor yard is paved with stones, with stone benches and small stone walls with a flower garden, there is an open air roofed, dinning area next to the old stone oven restored and absolutely functional, where someone can cook traditional recipes or bake bread or pizza. A large table for 10 people is placed. Sunbeds under an umbrella for relaxing in the yard are available. Utility Room: Iron and ironing board, washing machine/dryer, hoover etc. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All bedlinen and bath towels are supplied and changed mid-week. The cleaning lady is due once a week, for more frequent cleaning service will be on your request. Other: Upstairs, the large elegant corridor among the bedrooms which leads to the main entrance of the house, lines with bedroom 4, which easily can be converted to winter lounge room due to the hand made sofa/bed, equipped with TV, DVD set.