Villa in Drosato, Corfu, Greece - Peaceful Location close to Beaches
Drosato Manor is a beautiful 17th Century Manor House restored to the highest standards, only 10 minutes drive from fabulous beaches and great restaurants. This large 4 bedroom house with private pool has stunning views across the countryside, and down to the coast. We have made every effort to provide you with 'home from home comforts' in this peaceful, unspoilt hillside village. Corfu traditional design is combined with contemporary fittings - everything you need to enjoy a perfect, relaxing holiday in Corfu is here! A 5 seater car is provided.
Top Traveller Review
Wonderful house, just rent it!
About the Owner
My name is Andrew, I am 49 and live in Epsom, Surrey with my wife and family. We are very active people and enjoy walking and running. We have a passion for travel and experiencing different cultures. We enjoy good quality food and wine.
1 holidaymaker review
Wonderful house, just rent it!
We stayed in this house a week i august 2015 and we are really very satisfied and happy for the stay. We didn't want to go home. The house is very good. Everything was perfect: the bedrooms, the bathrooms (one to every bedroom), the kitchen (very well equipped), the pool (Clean and nice, worked very good for both adults and small children), the village (very nice not to live in a tourist area but in an ordinary greek village), the surroundings (all wonderful beaches, the best up in the north, Almyros). Do not hesitate! Rent this house! It is better than the impression from the website (which is not so common).
From the Owner
“We fell in love with the beauty of the island and the warmth and generosity of the local people. We happened upon the village of Drosato and were mesmerised by its idyllic location, spectacular views and the rustic charm of this truly authentic Geek Village. We have completely renovated the house, which we believe dates back to the 17th century. Throughout the whole project we have been very careful to be sympathetic towards the house and tried to maintain as many of the original features as possible, using locally sourced materials to maintain as much character and charm as possible.”
Activity and Interests
Agios Georgias is the nearest beach to Drosato. Only 10 minutes by car their are a number of restraunts, bars and tavernas.
Roda and Acharavi are approximateky 15 minutes away and again have a number of places to eat, drink and shop. Acharvi has 2 miles of sandy beach, gently shelving into the sea and is liberally covered with large areas of pebble. The beach is very safe for children, and hosts a number of water sports that include windsurfing, pedalloes, water-skiing and paragliding.
Car Hire can be arranged upon request. The airport and Ferry port are in Corfu Town which is approx 45 mins drive.
Drosato itself has two small shops that sell basic provisions. Once a week a mobile shop visits the village selling fresh produce.
Up the mountain the neighbouring village of Agros is 5 minutes away and has a pharmacy, two supermarkets, a butchers, two hair dressers, a news agents, olive wood shop, bakers, kiosk and several small tavernas cafes and coffee shops frequented by locals.
Corfu town is approximately 40 minutes away. If you want a day shopping or are in search of culture, you will not be disappointed. Hidden down narrow cobbled streets are museums full of art treasures, archeology and even coins. There is also a fortress and the renovated palace of St Michael and St George that was once used by the Greek Royal Family.
Paleokastritsa, the island's most treasured beauty spot, is set along one of the islands most spectacular coast lines and is a popular day trip for visitors to it's 13th centuary monastery.
Achillion Palace near Benitses hosts beautiful gardens where James Bond fans will recognise scenes from 'For your eyes only' were filmed.
Mount Pantokrator is over 1000 meters high and dominates the North of the Island. The views from the summit are outstanding, you may even catch a glimpse of Italy!
Aqualand is a firm favourite with families.
Churches and Monasteries will amaze you with their stunning architecture and ceiling paintings.
Watersports, including water-skiing, canoeing, boat hire, pedalos and much more.
Ruins of Roman baths can be found in Achravi, Palaeopolis and Benitses.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
For booking contact us directly (details below).A 25% deposit on booking. Full payment 12 weeks prior to arrival.
Changeover day is flexible. We will try and fit in with your travel arrangements.
Notes on prices:
Prices shown are for up to eight people, we can accommodate parties up to ten at an additional cost prices available on request. For less than 6 people a reduction may be possible. Should you require a long let or winter let, please contact us for prices
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The house is ideally located for exploring the island and is conveniently located close to what we believe are some of the most beautiful resorts on the island. The village itself is so peaceful that you can not help but to relax and unwind and enjoy the beauty of the island from any one of the four terraces or balconies.”
- Air Conditioning
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Room
- DVD Player
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Bathroom 2 - Bath with Shower, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 3 - Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 4 - Shower Enclosure
- En-suite bathroom to bedroom 1 with shower, wc, basin. En-suite bathroom to bedroom 2 with shower, wc, basin. En-suite bathroom to bedroom 3 with shower, bath, basin, wc. En-suite bathroom to bedroom 4 with shower, wc, basin. wc on g/floor.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8/10 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 1st floor large double bed with own dressing room and balcony. Bedroom 2 1st floor large double bed with private terrace. Bedroom 3 2nd floor huge twin bedroom with vaulted ceilings and balcony. Bedroom 4 2nd floor large double bed room.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Fully air-conditioned. Safe for children. Cot provided on request. Car Hire recommended. Outside: Secluded walled garden and terrace with views accross the valley down to the coast. There is a large pool approx 8m x 4m and 1.6m deep. High quality sunbeds, parasols, patio, outsiding dining furniture and barbecue are all supplied. Utility Room: Seperate utility room with washing machine with drying and ironing facilities. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Linen, towels and pool towels are included. Cleaning is included 2 times a week. Linen and towels are changed once a week. Additional Maid, laundry service and cook arranged as an extra. Other: Downstairs wc with basin.