House in Valldemossa, Mallorca, Balearic Islands
The house offered surrounds a central courtyard with a raised pond and fountain, in quiet and rural surroundings, at the foot of the Son Moragues Natural Mountain Park. There are extensive patios, including a small roof patio, a lusciously shaded arbour with seating, dining table and Barbeque. The large garden has a rockery, wild life pond, trees, lawn and many lovely spots where you can sit, relax and gaze at the surrounding beauty. Within a short and lovely stroll along the lane amid olive groves, you may look down on the ancient fishing (and smuggling) settlement of Puerto Valldemossa at the foot of impressive cliffs. The house is light, airy and spacious, with a comfortable living room, typically Majorcan dining room, 3 double bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
A perfect blend of peace, tranquility, a very warm welcome, a lovely home and amazing oasis of gardens, set in the most beautiful and stunning area of Mallorca. We really felt so 'at home' here, and enjoyed a wonderful holiday. Tim, Rachel and Nicole.
A lovely house in a gorgeous location - has contributed to a restful, happy holiday for all of us. Valldemossa is one of our favourite places. Robert and Claire.
We spent a perfect fortnight, from the warm welcome and helpfulness of Chris, the company of Jemma when we lazed, to the stunning scenery, endless sun, and peace and comfort of the lovely villa and gardens. Mike, Sue and Mark.
1 holidaymaker review
We stayed in this property during August 2016, the gardens and outside space are absolutely stunning and really make this villa.. The area is quiet albeit a few minutes drive to Valldemossa. The surrounding scenery is beautiful and the roof terrace with views of the mountains and the starry night are a real plus points, Inside the villa is spacious. I would say the facilities were a little basic compared to other rentals of similar cost, There were no basic essentials such as oil to cook with or coffee, soap etc, so with a late arrival we had to rush out to the shops to buy basic provisions, The pool is a good size and clean, although worth mentioning it is all one depth and at the back of the house with no shallow end. I would say the pool is more suited for those who want a quick dip, there is nowhere to take sunbeds & no shade so difficult to sunbathe.There is just a small walkway around the pool which on two sides has a rusty barbed wire fence surrounding it, this was not a concern as our children were older but maybe of concern for those with younger children. The owner was helpful and friendly but we did find that there were a lot strict rules to read/follow, perhaps this is because the owner usually lives at the house (she moves out during stays) but visits during your rental. Because of this at times we didn't feel as relaxed as we have done at other rentals and did feel that we were visitors at someone's house.. I am sure that for others this property would be perfect and we did enjoy our stay however we felt that with improvements it could be so much better,
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
The perfect hiking location for May/June and September rents.
Puerto Valldemossa is 'just down the road' 5km (a worthwhile experience in itself) and has a pebble beach or swimming from the rocks. The crystal clear waters are superb for swimming and snorkelling. Cala Deya, another lovely spot is a 20 min. drive and Puerto Soller, which has a sandy beach is 30 mins by car.
The airport of Palma de Mallorca is 26km / 30 min drive, as is the sea Port. Car hire is recommended, but not essential, should you want a totally 'stress free' holiday.
Valldemossa village is 2km from the house, Deya 10km. Soller 20km and Palma 20km.
The picturesque village of Valldemossa, famed for its monastery where Chopin and Georges Sand stayed in 1838, is one of the most beautiful villages on the island, surrounded by spectacular mountain views of the Serra Tramuntana range. And it has easy access to all parts of the island. There are many restaurants in all price ranges, from the good value for money, Italian Vesubio, to the exclusive Valldemossa Hotel. There is also an excellent seafood restaurant in the Port. There is a small well stocked supermarket, excellent bakers/patisseries, banks, pharmacy and other stores selling clothing, artwork and gifts. Sundays there is a Market.
The romantic old Valldemossa Monastery, the Palace of King Sancho, Michael Douglas's Costa Nord, and the new Coll Bardolet Cultural Center, provide interesting excursions and art exhibition, along with Miramar and Son Marroig 4/5 kms. away. The very interesting La Granja, showing life on a country estate, is a must, and only a 15 min drive to Esporlas.
At Soller you can take the 'old train' down to Palma, and the tram down to the Port. There are also boat trips to the incredible Sa Calobra gorge (Torrente de Pareis) and along the coast to Deya/Valldemossa.
Deya, once home to the poet Robert Graves, is a mere 10 mins. drive, and abounds with restaurants, the famous La Residencia Hotel, and a bohemian nightlife. There are many classical and jazz concerts in both villages, including the wonderful Sunset Concerts in Son Marroig during the summer months, and the now famous Chopin Piano Festival during August, held in the Cloisters of the Monastery.
For those interested in nature, the garden and area abounds with birds and wildlife. Hiking in our wonderful mountains is a pleasure in store for those that can, and do! And there are 'rock climbing' pistes just down the road.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
8 Oct 2016 - 28 Oct 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
The changeover day is flexible, but normally Saturday is preferable, above all during high season. Checking in is after 4pm and 10am on the day of departure.
Notes on prices:
All prices are for 4 guests occupying 2 bedrooms. There is a 105 euros supplement per week for 5/6 guests occupying 3 bedrooms. There is a further supplement, should there be 7 guests i.e. 6 guests plus a baby, of 105 euros for the cot and highchair.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- The main bathroom is shared with bedrooms 1 and 3, and has a full size bath/shower, sink, WC and bidet. Bathroom 2 has a shower, sink and WC. Both are attractively tiled.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Master bedroom has a queen size double bed Bedroom 2 has 2 twins which can be made into a double. Bedroom 3 has two twins. All the bedrooms have electrical fans. A cot is available on request.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: In all, the house has character - there are wood beams and archways throughout, and the floors are tiled. The white Georgian windows and green shutters add to its charm. The house is suitable for children and the pool is accessed by steps at the back of the house, fenced in by a wrought iron fence, and has a swimming ladder. Should the house be rented outside of the summer months, there is a pretty Jotul stove in the dining room, and another wood burning stove in the living room. There is also central heating. Additional charges are made to pay for all fuel. Outside: The property has lovely gardens which were visited by the Mediterranean Garden Society (Balearic section) in 2008. There is a rockery, wild life pond, trees, lawn and many lovely spots where you can sit, relax and gaze at the surrounding beauty. There are extensive patios, a lusciously shaded arbour with seating, dining table and portable barbeque. The roof patio, with stunning views, is accessed by steps from the courtyard, and is a perfect spot to end the day with an aperitif or alfresco supper, watching the sun go down on the mountains. The 7 x7m private swimming pool is self contained at the back of the house, accessed by a stairway and fenced in with wrought iron. It is one depth all over - l.60m - and is entered by a swimming pool ladder. There are 4 'beach' chairs by the pool. There are 3 separate dining tables and chairs (including the one on the roof patio) so you can dine where you desire and 4 sunloungers for use in the courtyard patios. Utility Room: The utility area is an extension of the kitchen. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen are provided and changed weekly. The house is cleaned before your arrival. Beach/pool towels - there is a supplement of 5 euros per towel. Other: There is good library, which is a walk thru' area.