Villa in Begur, Costa Brava, Spain - Beautiful Hillside Location, 10 minutes Walk from the Beautiful Sa Tuna.
A 4 bedroom 3 bathroom detached villa with private pool, overlooking the hills of Sa Tuna bay with far reaching sea views of the Medes Islands. The villa is situated only 800 metre's walk from the nearest beach at Sa Tuna, which is an unspoilt pretty little fishing village with a small beach, delightful cafes and seafood restaurants. Begur is situated 10 minutes drive away, this beautiful medieval town boasts many restaurants, boutiques, shops, supermarket and a weekly local market. Along the coast road there is an array of sandy beaches from little coves at Tamariu, Sa Tuna and Aguia Blava to the long sandy beach at Playa de Pals. Nearby is the medieval hillside village of Pals and a short distance away the jewels of Calella and Lla Franc. There are a number of golf courses including the championship course at Pals, home to the European tour qualifying school. There are also numerous dive schools with two marine wildlife sanctuaries. Boat Hire can be arranged for clients in advance.This stretch of coast provides all you will need for a great family holiday in an truly beautiful and unspoilt Catalan setting.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
2 holidaymaker reviews
Well appointed, great facilities, plenty of outside space and outdoor furniture and splendid views across the bay. Exactly as it said in the description. Villa was clean and comfortable, a car is essential as the approach is very steep but worth it for the views.
A Wonderful Villa In a Stunning Location!
We have just returned from a fabulous weeks escape. The Villa is beautiful and really well appointed.
The location is gorgeous and we will never tire of drinking in the views and losing ourselves in the peace and tranquility of the area, an area of outstanding beauty.
We will definitely return!
Steve & Family.
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Diving is excellent in the area with many dive centres close by. Jane and Baz Coomber run the Octopus scuba school which also uses Aguia Freda to dive from however their shop is based in Playa de Pals. They are both English and happy accommodate both new and experienced divers. There are of course many other diving centres including Diving Begur and Triton Diving (based in Lla Franc). The coast is wonderful for walking with a network of well developed coastal paths stretching from Pals in the North to Calella in the South. There also many hill walks available with stunning views across the region. These are well mapped with information available in the Begur tourist office. Boats can be hired from most of the small ports with Lla Franc offering a good variety of choice. If you own your own boat there is a public launching area at Aguia Freda.
The nearest beach can be found at Sa Tuna some 800 metres away from the villa. There are many wonderful sandy coves and small beaches along the hilly coast (Sa Riera, Lla Franc, Calella, Tamariu, Fornells and Aguia Blava), together with the much larger Pals beach where you can always find a waterside pitch. These are all within 10 kilometres of the villa. If you want to find a little more life, then Palamos and Playa D'aro offer long beaches lined with bars, restaurants and clubs.
The villa is accessible from a number of airports, with Gerona being the closest at less than an hour away. Gerona is also a hub for Ryan Air from many UK airports. Barcelona and Perpignan are both with 1.5 hours drive.
It is advisable to hire a car to fully explore the area which is very hilly and semi rural with lots of small residential areas and villages some distance apart. It is also possible to hire scooters in Begur which can prove to be an advantage when trying to park.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Firm bookings must be accompanied by a 20% non refundable deposit at the time of confirmation with the full balance payable 6 weeks prior to occupation. There is also a £500 security deposit with the final booking payment which will be returned once the condition and inventory of the villa has been checked and confirmed.
Change over day is Saturday and the villa will be available from 4pm in the afternoon. The villa must be vacated by 10am on the day of departure to allow for cleaning before new guests arrive. Other changeover days will be considered out of main season.
Notes on prices:
Prices for property per week in UK Pounds.
Prices based on 8 person occupancy. A ninth person can be comfortably accommodated at a supplement of £30 per week. Cot/high chair available.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- near the sea
- Ocean View
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Shower Enclosure
- En-suite to bedroom 1 with walk in shower, sink and toilet. En-suite to bedroom 2 with walk in shower and sink (separate toilet adjacent to bedroom). Shared family bathroom to both twin bedrooms with walk in shower, sink and toilet.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 9
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed, drawers and double wardrobe. Bedroom 2 with double bed, drawers and double wardrobe. Bedroom 3 with twin beds, drawers and double wardrobe. Bedroom 4 with twin beds and double wardrobe.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: There are air-conditioning units on the ground floor. The villa is tiled throughout with marble floor tiles and ceramics in all of the bathrooms keeping it cool and easy to clean. The pool is accessible from the main open living area through a number of french windows and therefore care should be taken with young children (it is however possible to isolate the pool from the inside space). The pool has a shallow end with internal tiled steps inside, approx 1.8 metre's at the deepest point. In the high summer months the sun finds the pool terrace by 10am and sinks behind the hills by 8ish depending upon the time of year. Outside: The property has a beautiful heated private pool to the front of the villa looking out to sea, there is a large terrace which includes dining for 8, a gorgeous comfy sofa area to relax in, 6 sunloungers, several large umberella's providing shade where & when required and a barbecue. There is also a further smaller private terrace on the lower level with planted borders to each side. The property has secure off-road parking for 1 car. It is also no problem to park on the roadside directly outside the property. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Cleaning included at the end of your stay, also a twice weekly pool service. Linen, towels and beach towels can be provided via our agent in Begur at a reasonable cost and must be pre booked. Maid service during your stay can also be arranged 20€ per hour Other: Indoor dining table to seat 8. Outdoor facilities; table & chairs for 8, 6 Poolside loungers, 2 large sun umbrella's. A fantastic comfy outdoor sofa and large chairs that face out to the sea, great to relax on by day or as the sun sets. Barbecue.