Apartment in Kalkan, Turkey - Peaceful, Idyllic Location, 10 Minute Walk to Village Centre
The Kalkan Vista apartment is located on the first floor within the Saneil complex of 15 privately owned luxury apartments and only a 10 minute walk into the centre of the village. There are 2 bedrooms, one superking size and the other a large twin with an extra fold away bed if required. The apartment has been decorated and furnished to the highest standards with travertine marble flooring throughout. There is air conditioning in all rooms and mosquito screens on bedroom and kitchen windows. There are stunning views to both Kalkan and Kalamar Bays from the large, well appointed terrace balcony. The Saneil complex contains beautiful landscaped gardens, a spectacular 25m fresh water swimming pool and large sun terrace with 4 sunbeds, cushions and umbrella for the sole use of Kalkan Vista guests. Saneil also benefits from 24 hour site management. The apartment has free WIFI and an electronic safe.
About the Owner
We are Paul and Lisa Durkin, we have 1 son (now grown up) and we live in Essex. We both have very busy jobs and we like to relax and forget everything by going on nice holidays.
We have been coming to Kalkan since 1999 and we enjoyed that first visit so much we have kept coming back. It's the only place we do come back to. So in 2007 we decided to look at buying somewhere. We saw a number of properties but instantly fell in love with Saneil. It is in a great location, is well designed, well managed, has a nice relaxed atmosphere and has truly wonderful views.
We bought our apartment in 2008 and visit two or three times a year. Our families also love to stay.
Guestbook comments from the owner
We have had a wonderful time here, the views are spectacular, the people are friendly and helpful and the restaurants are excellent. We will definitely be back. Thank you! Nick and Tina, Harrow 2010
We love it here and cannot wait to return, the apartment is lovely and the complex well run, the views are spectacular and the dining is second to none, Jim and Bobbie, Aberdeen 2011
From the Owner
“We love Kalkan for it's scenery, the turquoise coast is beautiful with its shimmering blue sea and the dramatic mountain backdrop. The beaches, beach clubs and the many boat trips you can do are really enjoyable. There are loads of other things to do from canoeing and horse riding to sailing and scuba diving. There are many historical ruins you can visit, Patara and Xanthos are just 10 minutes away. Kas (20 mins away) and Fetiye (50 mins away) are interesting towns to visit with lovely harbours, shops and more restaurants.The Turkish people are very open and friendly and there is no hassling! They have taken great care in developing the village, there is no high rise development and it is still a charming, traditional looking fishing village with cobbled streets and a relaxed atmosphere.”
Activity and Interests
Kalkan has its own excellent pebble beach right by the harbour. There are a number of other stunning beaches in the area including Kaputas Beach (10 minutes bus ride) and the world famous Patara Beach offering 18km of beautiful, uncrowded sandy beach. This is 10km from Kalkan and can be reached easily by bus(20 minutes).
Kalkan has 8 beach clubs offering a range of water sports or just quiet relaxation with sunbeds, umbrellas and excellent restaurants. Taxis to/from beach clubs are often free
Kalkan is approximately 1 hour 25 minutes from Dalaman airport by taxi/mini bus or hire car all of which can be arranged for guests. Antalya airport is an alternative and is approx 3 hours away.
Car hire in Kalkan is not essential as the local buses (dolmus) and taxis are both plentiful and cheap methods of visiting the local attractions. Walking into the village is an easy 15 minute stroll.
A boat trip is a must when visiting this beautiful coastline and there are many local providers.
The apartment is within 1km of Kalkan village centre where you will find plenty of bars, restaurants, shops, the harbour and the beach. A number of the beach clubs are just a few minutes drive away or an easy trip across the bay by water taxi. Kaputas Beach is a 10 minute drive, Kas is a lovely drive a long the coast by local bus or car and takes approx 20 minutes, Patara beach/ruins is approx 10 minutes drive. Fetiyhe, Saklikent Gorge and Tlos are all within 1 hours travel.
The idyllic fishing village of Kalkan nestles at the foot of the spectacular Tauros Mountains on Turkey's Turquoise Coast. Kalkan continues to be a resort that attracts the more discerning holiday maker and boasts a significant number of visitors who return annually. There is a renowned and outstanding range of restaurants to suit all tastes and budgets. Many have roof top terraces with views of the harbour and attract a lovely breeze on hot summer nights. Others are down on the harbour where you can watch the boats coming and going and people watch.
Shopping in the narrow winding streets is a hassle-free delight. Kalkan offers everything from traditional goods such as carpets, leather (beautiful handbags and shoes!) and spices to jewellery, ceramics, glass and boutique clothes shops. There are a number of supermarkets providing daily necessities.
The Kalkan weekly market (Thursday) is a must for new visitors and Kalkan veterans alike.
There are now a number of banks in Kalkan with ATMs.
There are numerous sites of archaeological interest in the area including ancient Lycian and Roman sites. For the more adventurous you can go scuba diving/have instruction, horse riding, paragliding, canoeing and water rafting. The Lycian trail runs right past Kalkan so walks are easy to organise too. There are lots of agents in the village who offer a wide variety of activities and trips.
Inland trips to traditional villages such as Bezirgan and Islamlar (famous for its trout farms and restaurants) are also easy and very enjoyable.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Oct 2016 - 31 Oct 2016
1 night minimum stay
for 1 night
1 Nov 2016 - 31 Dec 2016
1 night minimum stay
for 1 night
My Standard Rate
1 night minimum stay
for 1 night
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£100|
A £200 deposit is required (inclusive of a returnable £100 breakages deposit) and full settlement 8 weeks prior to departure. Rental prices are per week and do not include flights, travel insurance or car hire. Transfers from Dalaman airport are approximately £55 (payable locally).
Monday preferred in high season but we will try to be flexible.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Very well located on the Kalamar road. High enough to get great views without being inaccessible. Renowned for its large pool and lovely landscaped sun terrace with spectacular views. Plenty of space to spread out and dedicated sunbeds. A quiet location - no noisy roads or bars to keep you awake. A very well run complex with onsite office, staff include english speaking manager, cleaners, maitenance man, poolman and night porter.”
- Air Conditioning
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Dining Area
- Music Library
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- near the sea
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- En-suite fully tiled bathroom to master bedroom with new shower cubicle, washbasin and W.C with bidet jet. Storage cupboard/drawer. Newly refurbished and decorated second bathroom, fully tiled, with large shower cubicle, washbasin and W.C.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4/5 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Master bedroom with king size bed, ample fitted wardrobes and bedside cupboards, air conditioning, sea views. En-suite with shower. Bedroom 2 (large) with twin beds, large fitted wardrobes, dressing table, air conditioning and fold away bed if required.
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: The apartment and complex have been built and continue to be managed to a very high standard. The apartment has air conditioning throughout and can be used to heat the rooms as well as cool them. The apartment can comfortably accommodate 5 people due to the additional fold away bed. The apartment is non-smoking in all internal areas. Due to its elevated position the apartment is unsuitable for people with limited mobility. A Welcome Pack is provided for all guests on arrival. Outside: The Saneil complex is renowned for its 25 metre tear-shaped freshwater swimming pool surrounded by a large sun terrace. Great care has been taken with the design of the pool, terrace and surrounding gardens. The views to Kalkan bay and Kalamar bay and up to the mountains behind are wonderful and very relaxing. Guests of Kalkan Vista have exclusive use of 4 sun beds and cushions and an umbrella. The landscaped gardens of the complex are pretty and well maintained. The complex also benefits from its own generator which automatically cuts in if there is a power cut, ensuring a constant supply to all apartments. Utility Room: Large enclosed storage area by the patio which houses the washing machine, clothes airer/pegs, water heater, additional cushions, relaxer chairs, inflatables etc. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All towels and bed linen are included (except beach towels). Twice weekly full clean and daily maid service. Other: Large balcony with superb views to Kalkan and Kalamar Bays and beyond. Wrought iron marble topped table with 4 chairs, rattan sofa, sun umbrella and 2 reclining relaxer chairs. Terracotta pots with beautiful bourganvillas. Excellent for alfresco dining!