Villa near Tavira / Santa Catarina, Eastern Algarve - Close To Picturesque Beaches And World Class Golf Courses
Built to make the most of its commanding and secluded hillside position, every aspect of this beautifully equipped villa offers stunning views across the unspoilt countryside of fragrant wild lavender, thyme bushes, olive and citrus trees. Surrounded by wide decking, the L-shaped pool is granted absolute privacy and with partial shade provided by a mature carob tree together with views over the garden and the countryside below, this is the perfect spot for lounging and swimming by day and enjoying a sunset drink and star gazing by night. As well as an exceptionally well-equipped kitchen is a specially designed outdoor barbeque (perfect for grilling meat and locally caught fish) and 2 shaded dining areas at both the front and back of the villa so it’s possible to eat every meal outside in great comfort. The villa has been designed for absolute relaxation but if you can drag yourself away, there are plenty of local tracks to explore and wonderful beaches and golf courses very close by.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
2 holidaymaker reviews
Fantastic villa commanding an elevated position overlooking the Portugese countryside. Great location, completely private yet only 5 mins from beautiful Tavira with it's lovely restaurants and beach island. The villa was extremely well equipped, spacious and all we could have asked for. A real home from home. Thoroughly recommend it. Car essential.
Loved it. A wonderful Villa. Car essential
A beautiful Villa. Secluded and has everything you need for a fantastic holiday. We went out during the days for lunches and a mooch around, and stayed in most evenings to relax, swim, BBQ and just relax. It has two terraces so sun or shade whenever, and the pool is great for a cool off. I loved the open wood fire too. Beds are very comfy and the kitchen couldn't be more well equipped. I'll be going again with any luck and will certainly tell my friends as I think it's perfect for a family get together etc.
Activity and Interests
The beaches of the Algarve are stunning and there are beautiful ones about 12 mins away with clear water, gentle shore breaks and clean white sand. One is on Tavira Island and is accessed by a short ferry ride costing 1 Euro return and is worth it just for the boat ride. Once off the ferry, you'll come to the beach with plenty of restaurants, beach bars and umbrellas but the beach stretches for miles so if you want to pack a picnic and find somewhere secluded, you’ll have no problem!
Faro airport is a comfortable 40 minutes away by car. Hiring a car is strongly recommended so that you can properly explore the fantastic beaches, markets, cafes and restaurants close by and many hire car companies will meet your flight at the airport.
The villa is 10 minutes from Tavira with all its amenities and 7 minutes from Santa Catarina where there is also a supermarket and market. Local beaches can be accessed in 12 minutes although there are plenty more beaches for exploring and which can be accessed by car further up the coast. Within walking distance from the villa (10 mins) is a friendly local bar, restaurant and hotel offering a typically Portuguese menu.
Tavira is located on the River Gilao, crossed by several pedestrian and one Roman bridge. The town remains authentic and retains its historic charm from the days when it was a thriving sea port and fishing centre and has plenty of great restaurants and cafes as well as a daily covered market (great fresh fish, meat, fruit and veg) as well as plenty of shops and supermarkets. The villa is also only 20 minutes from the Spanish border and a day trip to Spain makes a pleasant outing. Situated as it is in unspoilt countryside, many varieties of birds can be seen from the villa and more varieties (including storks, flamingos and spoonbills) can be seen on the salt flats around Tavira making it the ideal spot for bird-lovers. For those looking for some action, the series of waterways and lagoons that make up the nearby nature reserve of the Ria Formosa can be explored on foot, by bicycle or on horseback and information about hire is available at the villa. For yoga-lovers, the sun terrace is the perfect place for a practice while food-lovers will be delighted by the local delicacies available and the villa’s superbly equipped kitchen.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Sep 2016 - 31 Oct 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
To book, please phone/email with occupancy and dates required.
25% deposit will be required within 1 week of making the booking and the balance 8 wks before arrival. A separate deposit against damage will also be required.
Well behaved pets are welcome at the owner's discretion - please call Jakki to discuss.
Changeover day is flexible.
Notes on prices:
Prices shown are for the property per week in UK Pounds.
Prices negotiable for long weekends, smaller occupancy or longer lets out of season. Please call Jakki to discuss.
25 % Deposit on booking. Balance 8 weeks before arrival
- Available arrival
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 4 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- All bathrooms are en suite (with WC and shower) except for the twin room which has its own family bathroom adjacent to it. An additional shower and WC are located in the pool house right by the swimming pool.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 - own balcony & outside table and chairs, 6’ double bed can convert to twin Bedroom 2 - own balcony & outside table and chairs, 5' double bed Bedroom 3 - 5' double bed Bedroom 4 - twin beds All have air con & wonderful views over garden.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The villa has been designed for maximum comfort. All picture windows have fly screens, all bedrooms have an air conditioning unit that can also be converted to a fan heater in cooler months and there is also a wood burner in the living area. There is a high chair, cot and folding bed available for children but children do need to be supervised around the pool area. There are plenty of plastic glasses etc for use around the pool and bbq area but the villa is also fully equipped with china and glassware for use indoors. Outside: Secluded, partially shaded swimming pool with extensive decking area all around (suitable for children only under supervision) and separate pool house with WC and shower. Plenty of chairs, loungers and parasols in the outdoor storage room where there is also a second drinks fridge. Beautifully landscaped garden gives onto sun terrace with bouganvillia-draped pergola and outdoor dining table and chairs and specially built stone barbeque. Both the pool and garden have lighting and look spectacular at night. Utility Room: Laundry Room with washing machine, ironing board and iron. (Outside washing line hidden in the garden beneath the pool.) Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All linen and towels are provided. Towels and linen are changed weekly as standard & the whole property is cleaned thoroughly prior to arrival. If you need further maid service please state at booking and this can be easily arranged at a small extra cost. Other: Open plan dining area sits 10 people comfortably and is beside the kitchen and opens out onto the garden terrace and pergola and bbq area.