Villa near Le Boulou, Pyrenees Orientales, France - Sleeps 4 to 10
Set in the foothills of the Pyrenees, 20 km south of Perpignan, Les Glousses is a sunny villa perfect for families with wide age range. Private pool (8m x 4m). There are several terraces; a sun trap, a quiet reading, one for dining - a space for everyone to relax and enjoy. Breathtaking views to enjoy and with beach, shops, villages, restaurants all within a 10 to 15 minutes drive. And private woodland to wander thru and enjoy the wildlife.
Top Traveller Review
When Can We Come Back?
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the manager
'We have been taking villa holidays for 14 years - this is one of the best holidays we have had.'
‘Whenever I want to relax I will close my eyes and recall the views at sunset from the pool and the sun-filled afternoons relaxing around the table after lunch."
2 holidaymaker reviews
When Can We Come Back?
Loved the property - comfortable and well maintained. Everything my family could ask for. Great views and a lovely private pool. Will definitely be returning this summer.
Spectacular views from this hillside eyrie
We stayed on and off in this villa for a few months. The house is set in a stylish hillside suburb above Le Boulou, but it's location guarantees great privacy and views, being right at the edge of the urbanisation and around the corner at the end of it's lane, so the impressive views of the mountains and the plains are unobstructed across about 270 degrees. The house is also surrounded by outside terraces and balconies giving it plenty of spots to sit in the sun or avoid the heat according to the time of day and purpose. The finishings are a bit dated and ordinary , but the place is still very charming with several rooms to choose from and multiple access points between the inside and out. There's a bit of a climb up the driveway but you get used to it (and it's not as hard to drive up as you might think when you first see it). The pool has spectacular views and we spent many a lovely afternoon floating there looking at the distant mountains, sea and the nearer wooded hills, feeling very inspired and relaxed. Le Boulou is a perfectly located town having direct access to the motorway (trips to Perpignan, Carcassonne, or Spain, e.g. Figueres, Barcelona, etc) and being halfway between and a quick drive to the charming seaside villages of Collioure and Pt Vendres and the quaint and picturesque Catalan mountain valley villages of Ceret, Amelie les Bain and Arles sur Tech. You can choose your itinerary and make the most of all that this corner of France has to offer, knowing it's an easy trip to get to pretty much anywhere. We really enjoyed our time there.
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Artists frequent the area and there are many workshops and galleries locally especially in Ceret and Collioure where famous artists lived and painted; Picasso, Dali and Matisse.
Walking in the Pyrenees, biking, cycling, canoeing, deep sea diving, fishing and canyoning all available within 25km radius.
Wide sandy beaches at Argeles are within a short 25 min drive.
Beautiful coastal towns like Collioure with colour town houses lining the coastline (30 mins). Port Vendres, a working port where fresh fish can be bought most days from the quayside (35 mins). The Charles Rennie Mackinosh Trail was opened in 2012. Banyuls sur Mer with stunning walks and coastal roads lead into the Spanish mountains (40 mins) and run along the Alberes Mountain Range leading into Spain.
Nearest airport and train - Perpignan 30 mins. Alternative airports: Girona (Spain) 60 mins, Beziers 75 mins, Montpellier, Carcassone, Toulouse, Barcelona all about 2 hours.
Main motorway route through France - A9 access at Le Boulou. Car is essential.
TGV to Perpignan.
Les Chartreuses is a small hamlet set on the mountainside overlooking Le Boulou and the Rousillon Plains. Le Boulou town is 10 mins drive and has a full range of shops, supermarkets, restaurants, bars, medical facilities, market. A 20 min drive will take you into the famous artists town of Ceret, with cobbled streets and popular Catalan market. The large open lake at St. Jean Pla de Cort is great for picnics and family activities just 10 mins drive too.
Various markets are held throughout the week in Ceret, Le Boulou, Argeles, Collioure and Elne.
As you drive around the area you will see vineyards signposted. You are welcome to drop in and sample the wines and buy. At Thuir the famous Byrrh fortified wine was made and the tourist office run a tour daily throughout the year around the caves and explain how the family were the first to establish women's rights at work, give maternity leave, holidays health and pension benefits. The tour ends in a sampling and inevitable purchase of this liqueur.
Les Glousses is situated in a superb location in the private estate of Les Chartreuses du Boulou which winds up into the foothills of the Pyrenees behind Le Boulou. This small market town has all the amenities you would expect: bars, shops, supermarkets, restaurants, market, atelier en fer. This Catalonian region has it's own special cuisine. The castles of the Cathars are within an easy days compass and ready to explore. The Wild Life park at Sigean is a must for the children, along with the exhibition of the "oldest man" at Tautavel. Perpignan has a fascinating history closely connected with the King of Majorca. Skiing in season is 90 minutes away at Font Romeu, Pyrenees 2000 or Les Angles. The hills are laced with walks up into the high mountains. There are wide easy tracks even at high levels and more challenging paths to suit all walking tastes, like the GR10. Languedoc-Roussillon enjoys good weather and sunshine for most of the year and is famous for the variety of it's local wines. Most of the local vineyards are open for wine tasting and explanations of how the wine is produced.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
18 Sep 2016 - 31 Oct 2016
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
1 Nov 2016 - 22 Dec 2016
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
23 Dec 2016 - 4 Jan 2017
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
20% deposit is payable to secure your booking, non-refundable. Full rental is payable eight weeks prior to arrival. £500 security deposit is payable 3 weeks prior to arrival, refunded within 7 days of departure, subject to checks. Please request for dates to suit your local travel needs - we will be as flexible as possible.
10% reduction for week 3 and 4.
Additional laundry available on request for high season and longer stays. Weekly cleaning available.
Changeover days are flexible. All varied dates considered to suit your local flights to the region. Please call to discuss availability.
Notes on prices:
20% non refundable deposit required to hold booking.
Security caution of £500 is required 3 weeks prior to arrival and returned within 7 days of departure subject to usual security checks.
Saturday or Back to back arrivals/departures considered. 3 or 4 week rentals welcomed in July and August. Longer lets available - for rates please call for more information and to discuss further.
For out of High Season Rates, please contact me by telephone for preferential rates.
Rates less than 7 nights charged as : 6 nights = 90% of weekly rate, 5 nights = 80% of weekly rate, all other nights charged at 70% of weekly rate.
20% non refundable deposit required on reservation.
Full balance payable 8 weeks prior to arrival.
Security deposit payable 7 days prior to arrival £500.00
Dog/Pet security fee payable £100 - kindly provide photo of your pet
- Available arrival
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Ceiling Fans
- Heating ...
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Telephone ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove ...
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Dishwasher ...
- Kitchen ...
- Oven ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Hob ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Table Football
- Games ...
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- Events Allowed
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome ...
- non smoking only ...
- wheelchair inaccessible ...
- duty free shops
- naturist beach
- water parks
- winery tours
- bird watching
- gambling casinos
- horse riding
- outlet shopping
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- freshwater fishing
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- pier fishing
- water skiing
- whitewater rafting
- 193 m²
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower)
- Shower room 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- 2 en-suite shower rooms with toilet and hand basins. 1 bathroom (bath, toilet and two wash basins) Cloakroom (toilet and handbasin)
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Large Double Bed
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Large Double Bed
- Bedroom 3 - 1 Double Bed
- Bedroom 4 - 1 Large Double Bed
- Bedroom 5 - 1 Sofa bed/Futon
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 to 10 (4 Bedrooms) see floor plan Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 - double with ensuite, French windows leading to terrace. Bedroom 2 - double with bathroom. Bedroom 3 - double on mezzanine with French windows to private terrace . Bedroom 4 - double with ensuite - door to studio room with double sofa bed sleeping a further two persons. Travel cots x 2.
- Terrace ...
- Golf ...
- Garden ...
- Barbecue ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Notes on accommodation: The property is suitable for children. The pool, 8m x 4m has secure fencing. There are 2 travel cots and 2 strap-on high chairs available. Unfortunately, we are not able to accommodate persons with mobility problems. The villa has a dvd and monitor. Television is not available. Wifi via satellite is available for mobile phone and internet access only. Please bring your own dvd's or use personal pre-recorded/downloaded media. Outside: Large mountainside garden, planted with wild oak, eucalyptus, fruit trees, cactus and other local shrubs.. Terraces surround the property with tables, chairs and sun loungers to enjoy the magnificent views. The tiled pool, 8 x 4m is private to the villa with secure fencing and sun loungers with cushions. Pool serviced weekly. 2 large outside dining tables each for 8+ The woodland is full of wildlife and great for bird watching. Utility Room: Dishwasher, washer, fridge/freezer, iron, ironing board. Vacuum cleaner. 2 strap-on high chairs. Other: Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bed linen and bath towels are provided. Additional towels and bed linen for laundry changes available on request. Please bring beach towels. Cleaning is done prior to arrival but additional services are available. Please ask for more detais. Car park space is on the road at the bottom of the drive or next to the villa at the top of the drive. There is additional space.