Villa in Casares Costa, Estepona, Costa del Sol, Spain - 50 Metres from Pool and Beach, Quarter Mile to Amenities
Marina de Casares (our villa) is quietly situated on the beach side of CN340 between Sabinillas/Duquesa and Estepona. Close by are the swimming pool (20 m), long sandy beach (50m), ample side street parking (20m), beach bars (200 & 400 m), and many shops and restaurants in Sabinillas (0.5km). The house is very spacious (150 square metres) and airy. Patio doors from the comfortable living room lead onto a large enclosed terrace with sun awning and furniture. There are 3 tennis courts within the extensive lawned and floral gardens, and several golf courses (Dona Julia, Finca Cortesin, Duquesa) within 5 minutes drive. We provide notes for walking in the unspoilt mountainous countryside which starts within half an hour’s drive and for tennis mix-in clubs nearby. Gibraltar airport is 25 minutes, and Malaga an hour’s drive.
About the Owner
We are a couple who retired to Ambleside in 2001 to live at the centre of the country’s most wonderful National Park and look after our 5 self catering Ambleside cottages. Besides looking after our guests and cottages we also enjoy walking with U3A, playing tennis, table tennis and Scottish dancing.
From the Owner
“I bought an apartment near Estepona in 1986, but the wife chose 1913 Marina de Casares in 2001 to be our retirement getaway. We both love its elegant design and spaciousness, wonderful setting in well kept flowered gardens, proximity to pool and beach and suitability for entertaining the grandchildren and our walking friends. It's so handy too for restaurants and shops. We never tire of walking in the unspoilt countryside just a few miles inland and being able to play tennis at a nearby mix in club where we have made many friends over the past 20 years. It's lovely to get on a cheap 3 hour flight and enjoy the sun.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Tennis: there are 4 tennis courts on site and you can join a friendly international group of club standard players 3 days a week for a modest fee, just half an hour’s drive away at Bel Aire (details in house notes). Walking: We provide notes at the house for a dozen walks in the beautiful unspoilt countryside just a few miles inland.
It’s only 50 metres to the long sandy beach, ideal for bathing, relaxing and enjoying the marvellous mountain and sea views. The stone paved promenade leads to beach bars, and across a short stretch of beach into Sabinillas with children’s playgrounds, cafes, restaurants and shops. Walking further along the promenade brings you to the pretty resort of La Duquesa with many more restaurants. Regular buses can bring you back.
Fly to Malaga (recommended) or Gibraltar. The property is just 50 mins drive from Malaga, and 25 mins from Gibraltar. Cheap flights available via Easyjet, BMI Baby, Jet2.com, Monarch and BA etc. Car hire is essential, relatively cheap and available from many companies, for example: holidayautos.co.uk; hertz; easycar.com; brunoscar.com etc. Driving to the property from the airport is very easy via the AP7 motorway (detailed directions provided after booking).
Sabinillas - 2 minutes drive. Duquesa - 5 minutes. Estepona - 10 minutes. Sotogrande 20 minutes. Casares - 20 minutes. Marbella/Puerto Banus - 30 minutes. Gibraltar - 30 minutes. Tariffa - 40 minutes. Mijas - 40 minutes. Fuengirola - 50 minutes. Malaga - 60 minutes.
Sabinillas and Duquesa boast a large number of bars, restaurants, souvenir shops and supermarkets. Only 10 minutes away, Estepona offers even greater choice including a Carrefour hypermarket. Estepona also boasts the wonderful African animal Selwo National Park, with several water parks also accessible within a short drive. Street Markets from 9am until 2pm (approximately). Monday: Marbella. Tuesday: Fuengirola. Wednesday: Estepona. Thursday: San Pedro. Friday: Sabinillas. Saturday: Puerto Banus-Marbella (in the Bull Ring). Sunday: Estepona, Sabinallas, Sotogrande and San Roque. Cosmopolitan Life can be found only 30 minutes away in the "jet-set" city of Marbella with it's hustle and bustle. Shopping experiences of every kind are available ranging from the upscale El Corte Inglés, Spain’s premier department store, to the sprawling La Cañada mall just outside Marbella, to the infinite variety of small shops and boutiques lining the cobble-stoned streets of Old Marbella. Just before Marbella, approaching from La Duquesa, is the international resort of Puerto Banus with its millionaire playground of floating palaces and luxury cars. In addition to the yachts, the port is chock full of all the appropriate designer names such as Versace, Armani, and Donna Karen for the most discerning shoppers. No visit to the Costa del Sol is complete without a day trip to Gibraltar which is only a 25 minute drive away. Famous for the rock, its monkeys, sophisticated wine bars, lively British pubs and easy access to Morocco there is something there for all.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Nov 2016 - 28 Feb 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Once you are ready to book we would ask you to provide your contact details, together with the names/ages of those in your party and a deposit for one third of the total cost. The balance of the cost is due six weeks from the date of arrival, unless you are booking within six weeks in which case the full payment is required immediately.
Changeover day is flexible, subject only to availability. Arrival time is nominally 2pm and departure 10am, but may be adjusted subject to other bookings/cleaning needs. Minimum rent is one week.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in UK pounds.
Discount for 3 or more weeks: 10%
Owner's Cancellation Policy
From the Owner
“Marina de Casares is one of the best developments on the Costa del Sol. It's low rise, quiet and has beautiful gardens, always well maintained. Our villa is in a prime site only 50 yards from the beach with no road to cross. The swimming pool is at an ideal distance: close enough to keep an eye on the children, but far enough not to disturb you while you relax on the terrace if you so choose. Or you can send them off or accompany them for a free game of tennis on the site courts.”
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- near the sea
- naturist beach
- bird watching
- scenic drives
Local Services & Businesses
- laundrette - serviced
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- En-suite bathroom to bedroom 1 with bath/shower over, wc. Bathroom with bath/shower over, wc. Downstairs toilet.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed. Bedroom 2 with twin beds. Bedroom 3 with twin beds.
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Notes on accommodation: Heating is by gas space heater and electric heater. Lounge has open fireplace (fuel not provided). There's usually a breeze which keeps the whole house cool by day with windows opened. It's ideal for children because the terrace is enclosed, there is a kiddies pool and a larger pool both within eyesight (20 metres) of the terrace, and the long sandy beach is just 50 metres away with no roads to cross. Outside: Our large private and quite secluded tiled terrace attracts the sun from early morning until about 4pm. Sun-loungers, a table and chairs are provided. The full width sun awning provides ample shade when required. The community gardens with extensive lawns, shrubs and trees outside our terrace are gated to provide privacy for residents, and incorporate 3 communal swimming pools each with a toddlers and main pool, all maintained to a very high standard. The nearest pool is only 20 metres from our terrace gate: far enough to see but not disturb. You can relax beside the pool on the lawn in sunshine or in shade. There are 3 hard tennis courts and a football playing area for residents use. Utility Room: Enclosed and covered area with door into kitchen and exit gate (normally locked) with water heater and gas bottles. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen not provided (emergency stock only). Cleaning provided by local office. Other: Large enclosed terrace with large dining table, upright and reclining chairs, sun awning extending full width, BBQ, bolted gate leads into lawned and floral gardens, pool and beach. Roof terrace with sea views. Plastic chairs, sunbeds and sun umbrella.