3 Stunning Value Rentals Near Comares, Malaga, Costa del Sol, Spain, Less Than 1 Hour From Airport - Perfect Rural Location 10 Min Drive/25 Min Walk To The Hilltop Village Of Comares With Private Pool
This studio, apartment and pool side studio are located near Comares, sit comfortably within 2500sq.m of private land and are located within 5 minutes up a typical Andalucian track, only a one hour drive from Malaga. Comares sits majestically 739m above sea level and our villa is a 20 minute walk or a 10 minute drive from this wonderfully unspoilt village. Comares facilities include bars, restaurants, banks and local shops, catering for your needs within a tranquil environment. Two of these self contained accommodations are positioned on the lower tier of the owners villa and the newer one pool side and have been designed to enjoy the full extent of the breathtaking views from Mount Maroma to the Mediterranean. The 8 x 4 metre 'Roman' stepped swimming pool is available for guests to use at their leisure. We are located on the 'Ruta de la Buena Vista', a walking route that takes into account some of the most 'Beautiful Views' of the Andalucian region and 300 days of sun!
Top Traveller Review
"A fantastic holiday!!!""A fantastic holiday!!!"
Peter, Jo, Croyde and Annabelle
About the Owner
Myself David and my wife Jacqui moved to Spain in 2007 and then purchased the Villa that was to become 'Vine Ridge' in 2008, we spent a year to create what has now become the apartment and studio, in 2011 due to demand we opened the newer studio. Our 3 daughters help us to run the business and to a lesser extent so do our 3 dogs.
Through word of mouth we then started a local agent business, helping owners that often live back in the UK but need someone trustworthy to help with their rentals.
We know all our properties and owners and have a lovely quality and diverse portfolio from Rural to Coastal ,Large and Small, Secluded or Village.
We started to manage the lovely Casa Armonia in 2014 and very proud to add it to our portfolio of lovely properties.
Guestbook comments from the manager
Vine Ridge offers the most breathtaking spectacular views (you need to see it for yourselves as no words or photos do it justice). It’s so peaceful and relaxing we were more than content to laze around the pool (we only visited the beach twice). We enjoyed long hot days but there was always a welcoming cooling breeze at night. The Palmers Aug 2011.
Our mission was to find a retreat where we were as far away as possible from the typical English themed resorts, somewhere we could enjoy typically Spanish Cuisine, take in the vast splendour of the Spanish Country side but above relax in absolute peace and quite. Did we achieve it? We most certainly did!! Vine Ridge is nothing short of perfect, David & Jackie are the perfect hosts Christopher 2011.
My husband and I stayed for 6 days in April 2010 and LOVED every minute of our stay. We moved to Europe this past year and have traveled quite a bit. The owners are particularly helpful and the views simply stunning.H Dett 2010.
4.7 based on 7 holidaymaker reviews
"A fantastic holiday!!!"
You'll never tire of the stunning views from 'Vine Ridge', especially at dusk when the mountains get sprinkled with fairy dust. It's difficult to drag yourself away, but it's worth it just for the drive back, and 'that view' again! Well done David and Jacqui, you've created 'holiday heaven'. Please DON'T change a thing. Our young family loved our 'Spanish' holiday. They could have slept in the pool, and played with the dogs all day. I believe you won't find a better place for value, relaxation, and views. Can't wait to return!
Peter, Jo, Croyde and Annabelle
One of the best locations I've ever had the pleasure of staying in. The most amazing panoramic views to be had. Comares village is just a 5 minute drive up the road with restaurants and a few bars, the village is very chilled with great views. Vine Ridge has everything you need with a fantastic pool, BBQ area and plenty of lounging space. Lovely cute friendly dogs too. David and his family are lovely and very accommodating people. I'm sure I'll be back in Comares someday and would love to stay at Vine Ridge again. An awesome unique place.
A big thank you to David and Family!
Relaxing break in a stunning location
We stayed in the apartment which was perfectly equipped for our stay. If you want a relaxing break away from everything then this is for you. The accommodation was as described on owners direct / the owner's website and David was more than happy to help if we needed anything / had questions.
We hired a car for our stay which was essential, although there are walks from the apartment. We would recommend getting a car that is one or two steps above the most basic - so ford focus or similar as the track is pretty steep but the view is worth it (we drove around the area and could not find a view to match the one from the balcony at the apartment).
We visited the El Torcal National Park which is well worth a visit, the Cueva Nerja and saw flamingos at Laguna de Fuente de Piedra.
We had a great week and would definitely recommend this to friends / family and we will hopefully be back sometime.
Read the Tin
Looking for the bright lights, late bars and English cooking - then stay on the coast.
Vine Ridge is just as described so read what it says on the tin and enjoy, in the knowledge that you will be well looked after by you hosts.
Loved our stay!
We were very well looked after by David and Jacqui. Beautiful views from the apartment and we loved the dogs, they made the holiday for our little boy! The apartment was lovely, with pretty much everything we needed. The track up to the apartment was pretty hairy but we got used to it. Comares was very picturesque and we loved the bar in the main square. Our only criticism would be that the outside/communal areas could in our opinion be neatened up a bit with regards to the sunbeds and bbq area. Otherwise we would highly recommend staying at Vineridge and would certainly return!
This is a nice little studio apartment with a view out onto a beautiful valley. As with a lot of inland Spain, the views are stunning.
The property is easy to find and the track you traverse, to get to it, is pretty good (easily achievable in a Panda).
The pool is lovely, it is very quiet and there is a track that provides a pleasant walk up to Comares, a little village perched right on top of a rocky edifice.
For peace and tranquillity, look no further. Relax and chill.
I am an explorer, however, so my only minor gripe was that it is quite a long way from anywhere, though the more commercial coast is not too far away. For the intrepid, there are plenty of roads to explore and even higher villages but I would recommend Antequera's Alcazaba, via El Torcal Natural Park, which is beautiful in June. I also visited Ronda but that's a fair old distance but so worth it. There is a nice lake, to the north, but not much around it.
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
We have contacts and facilities to provide the following special interest holidays: walking, mountain biking, horse riding, amateur birdwatching, yoga and beauty treatments. A package can be built around your needs, hence please ask for further details and prices.
Torre del Mar is the nearest beach, reachable within a 35 minute drive. There are numerous beaches reaching out east and west of Torre waiting to be explored. The beautiful resort of Nerja is under an hour away.
Malaga Airport is a 1 hour drive away, and serviced by the budget airlines. Granada Airport is also accessible within 90 minutes max and once again has budget airlines flying there. Although we can offer an airport collection service and you can walk every day from the villa, it is advisable to hire a car to fully appreciate the surrounding countryside and resorts. Car rental companies are available from the airport and can be recommended if required.
Comares is the nearest village to us and can be reached by car in 10 minutes, or you can walk there via the old mule track in approx 20 minutes. Aqua Velez Water Park is only a 30 minute drive away and opposite is a splendid indoor air-conditioned shopping centre El Ingenio, (Eroski). Malaga City with its famous Picasso museum and numerous shops and bars is 60 minutes away. Granada city centre inclusive of the Alhambra Palace is reachable within 2 hours.
There are numerous activities to keep you occupied during your stay, however long! Locally we can arrange a qualified beautician, horse-riding treks or beginners classes. The terrain adheres itself to mountain biking although yoga lessons are available for the less sporty. There are plenty of walks of varying degrees . As we are a family run business we can offer a baby-sitting facility and taxi service to give you a break if needed! In the quaint village there are several restaurants where you can enjoy 'Spanish or English' fayre - all child friendly. Our location allows for excellent bird spotting, star gazing and has been an inspiration for artists for many years. Within 1 hours driving distance you could bowl, participate in water sports, go-carting or visit the cinema for something less energetic!
Please check out our website for more information.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Jul 2016 - 31 Aug 2016
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
Late Summer - Early Spring
1 Sep 2016 - 30 Jun 2017
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
1 Jul 2017 - 31 Aug 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
We ask for a 25% deposit via pay pal or bank transfer to lock in the booking.
Balance 8 weeks prior to arrival.
Airport pick up and drop off packages can be offered.
We will try to be flexible around your holidays dates. If we have back to back bookings we do ask for 10-10.30 departure and after 16.00 arrivals but we do try to be flexible if we can.
Notes on prices:
We have shown the tariff for our smaller poolside studio, we also have competitive prices on both the larger studio and apartment. We ask for a 25% non refundable deposit via pay pal or bank transfer to lock in the booking. Balance 8 weeks prior to arrival. Airport pick up and drop off packages can be offered.
Our larger studio is from £149 - £249 and our apartment £199 - £299, please ask for full details.
We own and look after several places, so please look at our website.
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- bird watching
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
- mountain biking
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Shower Enclosure
- All 3 rentals have nice quality shower rooms. The 2 larger rentals have very large mosaic tiled showers.
- 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 2
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 2 (1 Bedroom) Notes on bedrooms: Description 3 Rentals The apartment has a double bed in a an open plane area and also a child friendly bunk bed room. The bigger studio although open planned can sleep 4 via a double bed and sofa bed. The smaller poolside studio has a great sofa-bed.
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: The accommodations sit below and are attached to the owners villa, who are a family of 5, our 3 daughters all attend local schools in the area. We have 3 dogs a rabbit. The 3 rentals have all been designed to be fully functional self contained units, with the added bonus that they can be rented together for the larger or extended family, ie catering for 10 people whilst allowing for independence within the family. They are all positioned to give maximum exposure to the captivating views and are equipped with plenty of entertainment for all. To the extent that the whole property is internet linked and wi-fi enabled. In the Summer months fans will be provided and in winter heaters. All accommodation has a generous welcome pack and plenty of linen and towels available. If required we can provide a cot and high chair. A washing machine is available to use if needed. The ideal place to come and relax for families and couples alike. Outside: There is a 8 x 4 metre 'Roman stepped' swimming pool, which is approx 2 metres at the deep end. It has 2 underwater lights which create a night-time ambiance. We have a selection of rubber-rings and pool toys available. The terraced and landscaped area surrounding the pool, includes BBQ, poolside loungers, tables and chairs. There is an outside shower - ideal to cool off before or after a swim. Each of the accommodations both have their own outside terrace and eating areas. Wherever you stand you will see a view, be it mountains the Med or other villages. It is most unusual with rural properties, with space and views such as ours to have access to be able to walk to villages, from Vine Ridge you can and the local village of Comares is stunning with great facilities, but still peaceful and great value. Although all 3 rentals share the pool, you will always get your own time in the pool and own space on the terraces. Utility Room: There is a washing machine that customers can use. Also apart from a great BBQ area, there are also other charcoal BBQ's that can be moved to where desired. Also in the spring and summer have supplies of drink and ice cream for sale at great prices. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels are provided and we also have beach towels for guests use. Other: The whole of Vine Ridge is designed so that outdoor living is a must as well as comfortable interior space. The views will draw you out and most guests throw away any planned agenda and simply soak up the stunning atmosphere.