Stone built house in own garden /grounds. Sleeps 8 2 baths Large loggia and outdoor sitting/dining
Lionheart House has large living areas and exterior terraces. It is designed for alfresco living, with outdoor dining area , outdoor sitting room, BBQ area, swing seat, sun loungers The garden has vines and fruit trees. A large loggia provides shade There is also table tennis. and table football just for you . The house is characterful with wooden beams, high ceilings, flagstone floors and antique furniture.
Sitting /dining room with comfortable sofas with Sky satellite TV with free view channels. There are DVD and CD players, an ipod dock and a large collection of books and films and table football.
Large kitchen with antique armoire, table . chairs and all mod cons.
4 bedrooms 2 double and 2 twin. 2 bathrooms one ensuite.
There is a local lake beach 5 km away and there are many cycle and walking routes. This is Richard the Lionheart counrty with many chateaux and beautiful small towns to visit.
About the Owner
We have been running holiday properties for 8 years and specialise in providing a fantastic property with stunning views.
We know people like to enjoy the outdoors on holiday so we always provide well equipped gardens/terraces.
Our house will be a real home from home with comfortable sofas and beds, large dining tables and TV, DVDs, books and games for everyone.
The kitchen will have all modern conveniences including dishwasher, washing machine, microwave and large fridge/freezer. There will be a bath as well as showers and we provide a cot at no extra charge.
We stay in our house for part of the year to make sure everything is in good order and we have a local manager. As we have no borrowings on the house, you can trust us to provide you with an excellent holiday experience.
Guestbook comments from the manager
Dear Les and Maureen
Thank-you for a wonderful week in your house...I knew it
would be perfect.We love the house!
From the Owner
“We fell in love with the statue set under the eaves in this old presbytery We love the surrounding area of the beautiful Dordogne and the fact that the local town is close by making shopping easy! the gardens are stunning”
Activity and Interests
Lake for swimming with white sandy beach 5 kilometres away with free entrance, on site cafe, children's playgrounds etc. Many opportunities for walking, cycling and canoeing in the local area.
Richard the Lionheart country with many chateaux.
Nearest airport is Limoges, 60 mins drive away. Bergerac is also a similar distance. Driving distance from channel ports is about 9 hours and mostly motorway except for the last hour. The use of a car is essential for this property.
There is a railway station in Thiviers.
The nearest town is Thiviers which is 5km away. The town has 3 supermarkets, many small shops and twice weekly markets. Perigueux is 30 mins away by car with hypermarkets and all big city facilities.
There is a large outdoor swimming pool and tennis courts in Thiviers town, a 5 minutes drive away. Seven minutes from Pierrefiche is a Plan D'eau - this consists of a lake with white sand beach for swimming and lifeguard facilities. There are also table tennis tables, volley ball court, cafe and children's playground together with lots of shade. This has free entrance.
Northern Dordogne and Thiviers especially, is a centre of Gastronomy for all France. There are many fantastic restaurants with excellent food at reasonable prices in most larger local villages. Try the St. Jean Hotel in the elegant village of St. Jean de Cole. If you prefer to cook yourself, there are 4 supermarkets in Thiviers and markets on Tuesday and Saturday.
This is Richard Lionheart country, with magnificent chateaux and car trails to follow his adventures. He died beseiging a castle in Chalus which is only 20 minutes away. Knights Templar have also left their mark here with old churches and other ancient relics.
There is a large outdoor assault course for adults and children 25 mins away called Acrobois. This is an excellent day out for active children and also has a In nearby Brantome, you can canoe down a river. Elegant Brantome is also known as, Venice of Perigord as it is set in a beautiful riverside setting and you can canoe down the river.
Walking and cycling opportunities abound. Velorails are an enjoyable and safe experience for children as they are on converted railway lines.
Perigeux, which itself is a beautiful University City with Roman remains is 30 minutes away.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
12 Aug 2017 - 26 Aug 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Returnable secuirty deposit paid direct £200
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- 0% refund for cancellations more than 0 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Private gardens Amazing views Period features All modern conveniences Lots of space A rural haven to relax!”
- Away From It All
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Table Football
- Music Library
- Ping Pong Table
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- winery tours
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- 500 m²
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- The en-suite shower room has shower, washbasin and WC. Downstairs cloakroom with WC and wash basin. Main bathroom with shower and bath
- 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Large Double Bed, 1 Cot, ensuite shower room
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 Bedroom 1 with double bed, fitted wardrobe, ,chairs and en-suite. Bedroom 2 double Bedroom 3 twin Bedroom 4 twin
- Golf ...
- Kayak / Canoe ...
- Garden ...
- Barbecue ...
- Tennis ...
- Notes on accommodation: Lionheart house is a private rural haven where you can relax and enjoy the sun. It is set in the rolling hills of the Dordogne with beautiful rivers, forests and chateaux.It is 5 km from the local town with all amenities; supermarkets, tennis,shops, restaurants etc and a lake with sandy beach There are many facilities to make a great holiday;, table tennis, table football, boules, satellite TV , libraries of books and DVD's and board games The gardens are special . You can breakfast in the sun, lunch alfresco and listen to the owls by candle light at night. You can enjoy all modern conveniences whilst going back to the past for peace and tranquility in this converted presbytery with its own statue of St Joseph. Outside: This house is designed for the sun and is a peaceful private place for you to relax. It has restored stone walls and set into the apex of the roof, a statue of St Joseph presides over the garden. The house is surrounded by walled gardens with stunning views over the surrounding countryside. A large loggia provides shade running the length of one side of the property, with dining table, seating area, electric lights, and views. Other facilities include table tennis, and BBQ area. There is a swing seat, sun loungers and a hammock under the trees. You can pick the figs, plums. peaches and grapes from the garden trees and vines. The gardens are beautiful and the series of balustrades, terraces and statues have been nicknamed by a local as "Petite Versailles". The property is spacious and all the rooms have high ceilings. The bedrooms all has a comfortable beds and fitted wardrobes. The original carved staircase gives the house charm. Fully renovated for comfort. Beautiful decor