Restored Millhouse in Riogordo, Malaga Province, Andalucia - Peaceful, Rural Location In The Hills, 5 Minutes Drive To The Local Village, And 20 Mins To Coast
Our beautiful 14th century restored olive Millhouse, is situated in a peaceful secluded setting, nestling among the surrounding olive groves, with spectacular panoramic views of the mountains and unspoilt countryside. Lovingly restored to retain its unique character and rustic charm, with beamed ceilings, terracotta and stone floors and wooden shutters. This tranquil retreat offers comfortable and spacious family accommodation. Delightful flower filled gardens, lemon and orange trees surround south facing terraces and beautiful saltwater swimming pool. For peace and tranquillity, yet with easy access to the coast, local villages and historic cities, ‘La Molina’is a very special place.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
We have absolutely loved our stay at La Molina del Olivar, and were so sad to have to leave on Saturday. You have got a little piece of paradise there -- you must be very proud of it!
We did very little all week - enjoyed the pool with all those fantastic views and made a couple of trips out, but generally we wallowed in the serenity of it all. We met both Ron and Loli who clearly take great care of your place when you are away, and are very helpful.
So, I just want to say many many thanks for giving us the chance to spend our summer holiday at such a FAB' place....we all had a really wonderful week !
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Horse riding can be arranged locally.
Go-Karting and water sports all available at the coast (Torre del Mar)(30 mins.)
Water park at Velez Malaga (20 mins.)
Nearest beach: beach at 20.0 Kilometres
Torre del Mar
Nearest airport: Malaga at 40 Kilometres. Granada at 60 Kilometres. Car: necessary.
Riogordo village is 3 Kilometres. Malaga city: 30Km. Velez Malaga: 20Km. Torre del Mar: 25Km.
Our beautiful old millhouse is located amongst the olive groves on a south facing hillside 3Kms from the pretty whitewashed village of Riogordo in the region of Axarquia. This small and unspoilt area of Andalucia –to the north east of Malaga - is still a well kept secret. Untouched by mass tourism, and surrounded by National Parks it is designated an area of outstanding natural beauty between the Sea and Sierras. Only 20 minutes to the Mediterranean coast, and 40 minutes to Malaga international airport. Due to good motorway connections, Granada and Antequera can be reached in 1 hour, Cordoba and Seville in 2 hours. Lake Vinuela is 10 mins by car. The village of Riogordo is five minutes away by car where most grocery items may be purchased as well as freshly baked bread. Fresh fish, four butcher's and two banks. Wednesday there is a street market. There is a good choice of local restaurants and bars near by, as well as dozens to choose from at the coast, catering for all tastes.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
22 Oct 2016 - 16 Dec 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
1 night minimum stay
for 1 night
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£250|
If you wish to make a booking, please request a booking form. This can be e-mailed to you if preferred.
We ask for a deposit of 25% of total price of the holiday.
When the Booking Form and the Deposit have been received by us, your booking will be confirmed by letter or e-mail. The balance of 75% rent is due 60 days before arrival, as is the £250. REFUNDABLE security deposit. Other information, directions etc. will be sent to you at a later date.
Changeover Day is Saturday. It may be possible to be flexible during the low seasons, please enquire. Arrival time is after 3 p.m. Departure time is before 10.a.m. This is necessary to ensure sufficient time to clean and prepare for the next guests.
Notes on prices:
Prices shown are for the property per week in UK Pounds. Rental Rates are inclusive of all services and central heating, bed linen and bathroom towels,which are changed weekly. A good discount is generally available for couples out of the peak school holiday periods. Why not come and enjoy the cooler, more comfortable months! Mid-week bookings are sometimes available to enable you to take advantage of the lower air fares. Please enquire and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- 2 bathrooms. Second Bathroom is on the ground floor. There is also a toilet / changing room, and outside shower at the swimming pool.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 5 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Master Bedroom - 1 Large Double Bed, En-suite and Ceiling Fan Bedroom 2 Twin - 2 Single Bed, Ceiling Fan Bedroom 3 Single - 1 Single Bed, 1 Cot, Ceiling Fan
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Notes on accommodation: All rooms have central heating if required for the winter. Travel cot, stair gate, booster seat and potty are available on request if required. The Mill house is adjoined to the old olive mill which still contains the old mill stone and olive press. This is not available to guests, but can be seen by prior arrangement. Outside: Garden: dining table and chairs for 6, sunbeds x 6, parasols x3, large cool-box. pool is cleaned 1/2 times a week. Pool toilet/changing room and outdoor shower. The salt water pool is maintained weekly and available all year but is not heated. Sun-loungers and parasols are provided on the pool terrace. There is a pool shower, and W/C./changing room. There is a shaded outside dining area, with table and chairs for 6 people and BBQ. Utility Room: Washing machine. Ironing board. Steam iron. Drying rack. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All bed linen and bathroom towels are provided and changed weekly. 1 Pool/Beach Towel per person is provided, but please bring your own if you require more. Other: Dining room with dining table seats 6/8. Child's highchair. Desk with House Information Book, and local maps/leaflets. Wall map of the area. Bookshelves with small library. Storage cupboard with BBQ tools,drying rack,garden parasols,cleaning materials