Villa in Bargemon, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur, France - Peaceful and Private Only 10 Minutes Walk to Lovely Medieval Village
Perched on a quiet hilltop and enjoying glorious southerly views from its many terraces across its sparkling 10x5m pool, the house is completely secluded within a beautiful garden and olive grove. Outside dining areas and barbecue. 10 minutes walk to the lovely medieval village of Bargemon, with its charming shops and excellent restaurants, leafy squares and fountains. Only 75 minutes from Nice airport, within easy reach of abbeys, galleries and museums. Many leisure activities nearby. Wood burning stove and ample heaters provide cozy winter evenings. We chose the name of this house carefully, Lou Pantai – the Place of Dreams!
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
'We had a wonderful time at your villa. If we are holidaying in the area again, we would certainly try to come back, and will recommend it to friends. Thank you again.'
'I just would like to say what a lovely two weeks everybody has had. Your house is absolutely beautiful in an idyllic setting. Everyone has had a fantastic time.'
'A very nice house, and a very pleasant stay, thank you very much. I would be happy for you to give my name to anyone seeking a recommendation.'
'We had a splendid holiday in and around Bargemon. The town is charming and full of typical French life. Your house was excellent and we enjoyed our stay very much.'
'We're back after having a lovely break - gorgeous weather most of the time and lovely house. We all especially liked the view from the swimming pool - it was superb. Bargemon was a lovely little place as well - some very nice restaurants there.'
Activity and Interests
The Cote d’Azur from St Raphael to St Tropez, with its beaches, entertainments and night life is within 45 minutes drive. The magnificent Gorges du Verdon and the Lac St Croix can be reached within an hour. Lac St Cassien, within 30 minutes drive offers beaches, pedalos, sailing and restaurants, ideal for young children. Fishing, tennis, horse-riding, bike hire, walking and more serious hiking are all available nearby. Top skiing resorts can be reached within 1.5 hours.
A car is strongly recommended for a holiday at Lou Pantai. Access via A8 to Le Muy, approximately 720 miles (12 hours) from Calais. Airports: Nice and Toulon 75 minutes, Marseilles 90 minutes (car hire available at all). Trains (including TGV) to Les Arcs sur Argens, approximately 15 miles (30 minutes) or St Raphael (40 minutes away, car hire available).
Draguignan is the major provincial market town, accessible in 30 minutes. It offers a wide range of shops and restaurants, a weekly market, theatre and cinema. Nearby are two giant supermarkets. A mill in neighbouring Callas demonstrates the production of olive oil and offers a wide range of gifts. A little further away, Nice, Antibes and Vence offer major museums and art galleries.
Bargemon retains many picturesque medieval features with its narrow alleys, cobbled streets, stone arches and ramparts, with several charming shaded squares and fountains, where one can drink, dine and savour the atmosphere. It has a mini-supermarket and newsagent, two boulangeries, butcher, greengrocer, tabac, gift shop, dentist, doctor’s surgery and pharmacy, eight good restaurants, bank, post office, art galleries, museums and tourist information office. Like its neighbouring hill-top villages, Bargemon has a weekly market and summer festivals including concerts and exhibitions. Tennis and cycle hire are available in the village, and horse riding can be arranged nearby. Nearby are excellent vineyards offering wine tasting.
- Booking Notes:
High season bookings are normally for minimum two weeks. We will be happy to discuss reduced rates for longer, out of season rentals. 25% deposit to secure booking, balance 8 weeks before commencement. Security deposit £300. For October - April, electricity is charged according to metered use. Wood for burning is provided at a charge based on consumption.
Rentals run from 4pm Saturday until 10am Saturday; other times are only possible outside of high season and by prior arrangement. You will be greeted on arrival, shown around the house and a local manager will be on stand-by during your stay.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for parties of 8 or fewer; £100 supplement per week for parties of 9 or 10. 25% deposit to secure booking, remainder payable 8 weeks before commencement. Security deposit £300. For October - April electricity charged according to metered usage. Wood for burning is provided at a charge based on consumption. High season bookings usually for minimum of two weeks. We will be happy to discuss reduced rates for longer, out-of-season rentals.
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- En-suite bathroom to bedroom 1 with bath and hand-held shower, basin, wc, heated towel rail. Bathroom 2 with wc, basin, large walk-in shower. Bathroom 3 with bath, basin, hand shower, heated towel rail. Bathroom 4 with wc, basin, large walk-in shower.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8/10 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1, adjacent twin beds, en-suite bathroom, dressing room, desk, private terrace. Bedroom 2 and 3, 2 single beds, tables, terrace. Bedroom 4 - large mezzanine set back for privacy, 2 beds, large workspace. Double sofa-bed possible in living-room
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: This is a wonderful family house, providing both shared and separate spaces. The open plan ground floor living area is safe and suitable for small children, with stair gates closing off other areas. The house is furnished with a mixture of comfortable modern and interesting traditional provencal furniture. Adjacent to the main terraces is a large lawn, with fruit trees nearby. Beside the pool, a wild fig tree provides a rich harvest. The lower section of the garden contains many olive trees. Bookings include electricity (metered and charged during October – April), water and gas. Linen, bath and beach towels available at €18 per set. No pets. Children welcome. Central heating and telephone for incoming and local/emergency calls. The villa is well insulated for winter and its thick walls ensure it remains cool in summer and does not require air-conditioning. Outside: The 3000 sq metre garden is fully fenced, and tall mature shrub hedges ensure privacy. The private 10x5m pool has a salt filter, electric cover conforming to French safety requirements, and is maintained twice weekly in summer. From the pool, the large lawn and the terraces glorious views of the surrounding countryside can be enjoyed. Equipment includes a mobile BBQ, garden chairs and tables, pool loungers and parasols. There is ample private parking. Utility Room: Washing machine, ironing board, iron, indoor drying rack, outdoor washing lines. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Linen provided on request at €18 per set. House cleaned for arrival, please leave property as you would expect to find it (if additional cleaning is required, a deduction may be made from your deposit). Cleaning by arrangement if required during stay. Other: The mezzanine is a large airy space containing 2 beds, and several very large working surfaces, providing an excellent study/studio. The house offers privacy on several terraces, both open and sheltered, with outdoor furniture and beautiful views.