Apartment in Chateau D 'Oex, Vaud, Nr Gstaad, Vaud, Switzerland - Satellite TV and Internet Access
With stunning mountain views, this south-facing sunny new two-bedroom apartment overlooks the charming alpine town of Chateau D'Oex, the hot-air ballooning capital of the world. The three French doors of the apartment's spacious, elegantly-appointed salon open onto a full-length balcony, taking every advantage of the alpine panorama. This award-winning development of a grand 19th century hotel features an indoor pool, sauna, steam-room, fitness room and laundry - all for the exclusive use of the apartments. The town and surrounding area provides a vast range of year-round recreational and cultural interests.
About the Owner
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Ice-skating, curling, Winter Wonderweg walks, white-water rafting, mini-golf, tenpin bowling, hot-air ballooning, tobogganing, snow-shoeing, canoeing, archery, petanque, via ferrata. Local activities also include tennis, fishing, mountaineering, cycling, ski, mountain biking, horse riding, paragliding.
There is easy access to lakeside Lausanne, Montreux and Geneva.
Nearest airport: Geneva at 120 kilometres.
Nearest train: Chateau D'Oex at 1 kilometre.
Nearest motorway: Bulle at 25 kilometres.
Mountain access via cable cars via ferrata. Menuhin-Music festival, Montreux Jazz Festival, frequent local musical and cultural festivals and events, and traditional mountain events. Farm visits and sleigh rides. Concerts and recitals - check with tourist office for regular information sheets.
Chateau D'Oex is a small traditional, French-speaking alpine town with an excellent supermarket and traditional food shops. There is a wide selection of restaurants and cafes, together with car hire, sports equipment rental, video rental and daily international newspapers. There are banks, a tourist office, cinema and museum. All denominational churches including Anglican. Year-round concerts, recitals and traditional alpine events. The world-renowned Swiss rail service gives easy access throughout Switzerland and Europe. Pick-up facilities for guests are available from the station and Geneva airport. Gateway to the Pays d'Enhaut/the White Highlands linking to the cultural and fashionable towns of Gstaad, Saanen and Rougemont and historical Gruyere.
- Booking Notes:
Easter add £100 to rental. Our prices include use of all facilities, except telephone. Final cleaning £85, laundry £20 per person per week. 25% deposit at time of booking and remaining payable two weeks prior to arrival.
Please contact owner.
- Available arrival
- Living Room ...
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- Heated Pool
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom - toilet, shower enclosure. Bathroom - toilet, bath with shower. Double-bedded room has an en-suite shower room. There is a full bathroom next to the twin-bedded room.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: 1 double. 1 twin.
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Notes on accommodation: Non smoking only. Pets not allowed. Children welcome. The building also has a large ground floor lounge/library and comfy sofas and chairs and card tables. An honesty bar operates. There is well-equipped gym and a downstairs ski room and bike store. The building has a lift, and ground floor laundry has a washing machine and tumble dryers. Guests will be provided with standard house rules. Outside: Balcony, parking. The garden has a chess board, boule pitch, barbecue and sitting out area etc. 4 garden chairs. Indoor pool. The swimming pool area has changing facilities, shower, hairdryer and toilets. The sauna is located by the swimming pool. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Linen and towels provided. Other: Fitness room, sauna. Telephone, fax, central heating.